Retirement Visa

Can anyone help with an answer to my question.

I know the age reqiment for a retirement visa, Iknow the amount which can be deposited into a Thai bank (800,000Bht). I know the amount which you must have each month (65,000Bht) I know it can be a combination of deposited money and income.

I have a regular amount of money that has been deposited into an Australian bank for the past year or so, which is sufficient to comply with the requirements. (more than 65,000Bht.

My question is;; If I present my passbook together with a letter from the bank stating confirmtion, is that enough to obtain a retirement visa.

hope you can nswer my question? Brian

Not unless you use it as proof for your Embassy letter. I will assume you are talking about obtaining the extension of stay rather than a visa (which you obtain outside of Thailand).

For applications at Immigration you will have to present a letter from your Embassy of your income amount and proof to back up the letter. If your Embassy will provide letter (expect they might) then it should fly with bank statements/letter as backup. But you need the Embassy letter first.