Retired military officers slam Trump's proposed transgender ban

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Thakkar said:

When have Trans people demanded a special bathroom for themselves? Someone who identifies as female and who has transitioned to female wanting to use the female bathroom is perfectly reasonable.

A tennis player who has fully transitioned to female should what, compete only with male players? She is female, regardless of DNA.

The world will never be a "super PC place" as long as bigots and boors live among us, so you have no worries there for the foreseeable future.

If you think that asking for equal treatment is the same as wanting to smooth out all differences in wealth, intelligence and talent, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, trans people are not asking the world to "elevate" the needs of trans people, just to elevate everyone's level of compassion.

T

Why regardless of DNA?  what defines our gender? I quite accept, and respect,  everyone's right to choose how they live their life and that includes:

smoking pot

abortion

gay or straight

Trans or whatever 

But you cannot change gender it is defined, at conception.

PS an aside on the Tennis example you are really saying a Trans can play in the woman's section? with the benefits of male DNA?  strength etc.?  now that IS bizarre but it hasn't been tested yet so let's see?

Edited by binjalin

4 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Why regardless of DNA?  what defines our gender? I quite accept, and respect,  everyone's right to choose how they live their life and that includes:

smoking pot

abortion

gay or straight

Trans or whatever 

But you cannot change gender it is defined, at conception.

PS an aside on the Tennis example you are really saying a Trans can play in the woman's section? with the benefits of male DNA?  strength etc.?  now that IS bizarre but it hasn't been tested yet so let's see?

Smoking and abortion are choices, albeit very, very different kinds.

Gay, straight or trans are not choices. The fact that you think they are is the crux of your misunderstanding on the issue. I thought you were prejudiced. I was wrong. You are just misinformed—a state of affairs much easier to correct. There is hope for you after all. ?

Cheers.

T

T

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

Smoking and abortion are choices, albeit very, very different kinds.

Gay, straight or trans are not choices. The fact that you think they are is the crux of your misunderstanding on the issue. I thought you were prejudiced. I was wrong. You are just misinformed—a state of affairs much easier to correct. There is hope for you after all. ?

Cheers.

T

T

Hmmm well it is true that I actually don't really understand and I have tried to. But I can't get over the DNA issue anyway I have pulled us off-topic.

2 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Hmmm well it is true that I actually don't really understand and I have tried to. But I can't get over the DNA issue anyway I have pulled us off-topic.

You are not alone. DNA is complicated. I don't claim to understand it. All I know for sure is that it isn't a choice, whatever the underlying DNA issue. 

I also feel that once I accepted the fact that it isn't a choice, the right approach is to be compassionate, to accept and to support. I am sure you will feel the same and reject Trump's divisive rhetoric on this matter.

There! We're back on topic.

You are welcome, moderators. ?

T

14 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Sorry, but that's just s****d. You're defending their rights to Take but not Give? :sad:

You DO UNDERSTAND that many people in the army are not holding guns? if you think the army is just soldiers on the field you should stop watching tv shows and movies and start facing the reality

On 8/4/2017 at 9:17 AM, Golgota said:

You DO UNDERSTAND that many people in the army are not holding guns? if you think the army is just soldiers on the field you should stop watching tv shows and movies and start facing the reality

so there's a Special boot camp for them?

On 8/4/2017 at 8:25 AM, binjalin said:

it was tested in the UFC and the ex-guy got his balls kicked in by a girl. :jap:

Regarding the topic, the retired military officers certainly can have an opinion, but those opinions don't mean anything.  President Trump is the CURRENT Commander in Chief and what he says goes. 

thtrumpsalute.jpg

Edited by mesquite

37 minutes ago, mesquite said:

Regarding the topic, the retired military officers certainly can have an opinion, but those opinions don't mean anything.  President Trump is the CURRENT Commander in Chief and what he says goes. 

thtrumpsalute.jpg

Well, in the sense that what he says has gone...away. At least, so far no follow through. Doesn't that strike you as being a bit odd?

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Well, in the sense that what he says has gone...away. At least, so far no follow through. Doesn't that strike you as being a bit odd?

‘A Guidance Policy for Open Transgender Service Phase Out’

https://www.advocate.com/transgender/2017/8/05/report-trump-admin-crafts-guidance-implementing-trans-military-ban