"Beer pretties" arrested for doing their job - selling beer!

webfact

22 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the new thailand; have fun

just who is the captain of this ship of fool's  ? do they not understand  this should not be happening in Thailand while the political hacks are all over the world begging for aggressive new police equipment ? for what purpose would it serve ? what is frightening the brass so much that they need carriers , subs with retractable wheels and the latest high tech to control the mass's ? are the police planning a sneak attack on the street venders ? they gunna torpedo a few fruit boats in the floating markets ? inquiring  minds need to know these things so we can gossip ..

Edited by mikiea

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/3/2017 at 3:04 PM, sanemax said:

Have you ever been in a situation when you decided not to consume any alcohol and then someone offers you a beer and then you decided to have one ?

Very rarely. When I decide not to drink, that is it. Peer pressure, the presence of alcohol, none of it really matters. It is about me, and my personal sense of discipline. 

They say environment is stronger than willpower. For those who allow it to be so.

Edited by spidermike007

I am not innocent 17 y.o. but I never deal with beer promoter. Say if I chat one up is it ok for me to initiate the negotiation? I mean if she does show some interest in me. I really like a clear cut deal to avoid misunderstanding you know what I mean? Someone with experience please advise. (oh, I speak Thai ok, more than just simple conversation)

On 8/2/2017 at 9:07 AM, rkidlad said:

Ah, the infamous 'Stickboy' recently tweeted that he thought all this was supposed to be illegal. Few people tweeted back not to jinx it. Here we are.

Good to see the police working hard. Thailand's morality stays intact. Meanwhile, the Red Bull killer..................

Not regretting my move from Pattaya to the Philippines after 30 years.

Talk about Orwellian. Arrested for promoting beer? It's just beer! Although I agree that perhaps it's not the healthiest beverage out there, partly because the wheat and hops used are sprayed by Glyphosate, which is the same toxic chemical that appears in nearly all grain containing products, the decision to drink beer (or any alcoholic beverage) should be that of the individual alone.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 4:53 PM, spidermike007 said:

Very rarely. When I decide not to drink, that is it. Peer pressure, the presence of alcohol, none of it really matters. It is about me, and my personal sense of discipline. 

They say environment is stronger than willpower. For those who allow it to be so.

I'm glad to see you having made up your mind. If I'm not drinking, people could offer me whatever they want and it's still no. Isn't that what differentiates us to animals? 

On 8/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, chrisinth said:

How can you be 'inappropriately dressed' on a social media platform? Displaying inappropriate images maybe.

So the Thai cops are the Facebook police now?? What's next - block FB like China, North Korea, and Iran do? Yeah, Thailand going back to the future!

It already sucks, being treated like children, and being told, as adults, when to buy or drink alcohol. Where else in the world, I wonder, do people have to look at the time, to know, whether they're allowed to buy beer? Oh yes, North Korea, Iran, and Thailand...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

• 2 weeks later...

The commissioner came to the bar,
and found that there were too much people,
he asked the boss to privatize the bar,
what he refused,
they therefore invited the girls to the police station :D

They do their jobs, but not in the good place tonight :D

Shinawatra and the Red Bull murderer escape bit we got the real criminals disgracefully promoting a happy night out. 

In order to encourage the public in this moral campaign, should it not be a pre- requisite that all government employees be banned from taking alchol or drugs of any kind on penalty of death by public stoning? After all we pay their saleries and they like to make the rules they themselves cannot adhere to.

• 1 month later...

It's somewhat irrelevant if there is a law against promoting alcohole, and wether it is sane. If nobody in whole Thailand is persecuted but those three women this story is about corruption and nothing else.

Some envelope came up a bit light, and someone send a message. I belive otherwise as soon as they crack down on the other hundreds of thousands of bars, commercials for alcoholic beverages and agressive "buy one bucket, get one free" guys.

And *then* we can discuss if the manpower might be better invested in ending aggressive driving, drug trade, or even corruption...

2 hours ago, badischer Barde said:

It's somewhat irrelevant if there is a law against promoting alcohole, and wether it is sane. If nobody in whole Thailand is persecuted but those three women this story is about corruption and nothing else.

Some envelope came up a bit light, and someone send a message. I belive otherwise as soon as they crack down on the other hundreds of thousands of bars, commercials for alcoholic beverages and agressive "buy one bucket, get one free" guys.

And *then* we can discuss if the manpower might be better invested in ending aggressive driving, drug trade, or even corruption...

I've seen other beer girls doing the same all over with no problem.  Seems like I haven't seen it for quite a while though. :drunk::intheclub::burp: