Welcome To New Members - 2550/2007

Jai Dee

new 2 computers too but learning all the time,check it out every day,gonna learn thai language & writing which is a bit overwhelming @ the moment visa issues are a bit of a mine field too,have a lot of things to research when I return in oct & again next feb/march,shame about land/house ownership problems I think I will rent 2 start off,got some good advice from this forum & won't b rushing into relationship/emigration without checking it all out 1st

Hi Pimpernell, came across you today and then saw you here.

:D to :D and :o

As you have already found there is a wealth of info here and for your learning curve stated above click here for visa info and here for Thai language and here for info on Land Ownership and here for Residency, work permits etc

I am sure you have found them already

Good Luck

Moss

Thanks Moss very useful,lots 2 read! welcome 2 Blacklabel & Lossieloon too :D

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

:D to :o

This is the Welcome thread for 2550/2007, so post your introduction here.

C'mon... don't be shy... say hello.

hello all :bah: a bit late for my first post but only found this thread yesterday,great forum,learn a lot,only been to thailand once so far and loved it,my friend has lived in sangkhla buri for past 2 years & kept on at me 2 visit,so in feb this year I came 4 20 days & glad I did I am too,we started in bangkok & took nite train 2 chaing mai (which I loved)then motorbike 2 pai, which was exellent chill out place & then onto mae hong song,couldn't complete our route as landslide on road so we went back 2 chaing mai for a few more days,(said I loved it)we then flew back 2 bangkok & got taxi 2 kanchanaburi for a couple of days,which was great,hired motorbikes again & rode 2 sangkhla buri 2 see my mates place & meet friends,back 2 kanchanaburi for last few days as loved that town too,met a lovely girl & have been in touch ever since,seriously looking into relocating to kanchanaburi & have found this forum a mine of information & such nice helpful members,not done this b4 & new 2 computers too (@ 37 yrsold :D ) but learning all the time,check it out every day,gonna learn thai language & writing which is a bit overwhelming @ the moment but determined to succeed,don't wanna just rely on being another farrang expecting every one 2 speak english,think it shows respect to thai people & culture,visa issues are a bit of a mine field too,have a lot of things to research when I return in oct & again next feb/march,shame about land/house ownership problems I think I will rent 2 start off,got some good advice from this forum & won't b rushing into relationship/emigration without checking it all out 1st & being very cautious b4 commiting 2 any thing,keep up the good work,yours sincerely pimpernell :D (shame its so far away as I think I would be there every weekend)

Welcome pimpernell,

I hope you find the site as useful as i do! :D

Mark

Cheers Mark :bah: certainly will do,its very useful!

Great forum. I have been in looking at it for years....

It is a little bit like Thailand....you can find almost anything you want: Informative above all, lots of interesting topics, the best and the worse of the farangs (intelligents, helpfull, stupids or ordinary), and entertaining....a good place to come from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum. :o

Am a Singapore Citizen, female, 32 years old, divorced & not looking. no kids.

bumming around as a nanny & cook in California USA now. With a 3 year old nephew & a 1.5 year old neice. looking forward to go straight to thailand in August.

Rides motorcycles, Eats anything, buddhist, recently connected to my father who has a thai wife and my 14 year old half sister by going over to bum at their place in phuket last year.

fell in love with the thai culture and lifestyle and trying to keep my singapore hdb flat rented out so i can continue to bum around in thailand for 5 months to a year again once the nephew & neice goes to school and wont need auntie here to cook and run after them.

I know seriously, I wont be able to find work in thailand, so i am looking to pick up the thai language skills and possibly some culinary skills to better my resume when i get back to Singapore. I guess I am calling myself a student. It's the other word for bum.

Oh....and I am short fat and ugly.

I have read this forum for several years but am newly registered - I am a 60 year old Marine Corps veteran who plans to retire in Thailand in the next year - my wife is Thai.

We are looking at several different locations - from as far north as Chang Rai and Chang Mai to Pattaya - Hui Hin (I do not know much about it - some say not much there) and Maybe Bangkok although could be more expensive and a lot more hassle!

One of my concerns is medical care - I am on Tricare Prime right now but know I will have to go Tricare Standard but I am not sure of the particulars - any information or help would be appreciated.

Another concern is - my wife and daughter are eligible for US citizenship - any one have any thoughts on that - dual citizenship problems and the buying property (house) in Thailand situation.

In US dollars - what is a good figure to look at to live well (a little more than comfortable) In Thailand right now?

Well I sure hope to hear from some of you - looking forward to making some nice new friends - if some of you would like to help the new guy out LOL - thanks and nice to be in here "officially" now!

dave

Well, I haven't posted on this thread, until now. It has been interesting reading this forum, at times. There is good information, in general. I love the news clipping forum. I read all the Thai news I can find, as it is quite amusing at times.

The first time I came to Thailand I loved it. It was December 2004, I was to stay one month, I thought. I think it ended up being nine months through 2005. I was back again armed with an OA visa in 2006 for eight months and now have a house, car, motor bike, Thai bank accounts and all that wonderful stuff one must have to be comfortable. It was a bit of a steep learning curve at times. But it wasn't to hard to figure out... You just have to follow the rules. :D:o

I saw there was going to be a Thaivisa.com party at the Green Man. Too bad I can't make it as I am in the USA until late June. I have a member card at Green Man and I live down in Rawai. Maybe I'll run into some members down that way when I return.

Thanks, Jim

hi everyone,

a newbie here, just came across the site, read the forums..and decided to join instantly. seems a lots of interesting things to read and learn about thailand. im actually new to this forums stuff, but i might as well give it a try :o

about me, im filipino and ofcourse often mistaken to be a thai whenever im in bangkok. i think i need to learn a few thai words then.

thanks for this thread for newbie's like me. keep it up. :D

I Chang Rai and Chang Mai to Pattaya - Hui Hin (I do not know much about it - some say not much there) and Maybe Bangkok

One of my concerns is medical care - I am on Tricare Prime right now but know I will have to go Tricare Standard but I am not sure of the particulars - any information or help would be appreciated.

Another concern is - my wife and daughter are eligible for US citizenship - any one have any thoughts on that - dual citizenship problems and the buying property (house) in Thailand situation.

In US dollars - what is a good figure to look at to live well (a little more than comfortable) In Thailand right now?

Hi Dave,

Click here for Chiang Mai and here for Chiang Rai Pattaya HH and here for Bangers.

Here for Health care and here for Visas.

As for living expenses, try adding a new post Here.

Good Luck for the future.

Moss

Hi Jim, Mark and James,

:D to :o you are now in the club :D

For all things Thai and on many occasions all things not!!

Good Luck

Moss

Icons a little mixed up, but hey I'm new too!!!

Edited by Mossfinn

Hi all -- another newbie, though I have been lurking on and off for awhile. I'm moving to Bangkok in July from Arizona, though i am Canadian. Looking forward to having a bunch of my "stupid" questions answered here! :o

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

:D to :o

This is the Welcome thread for 2550/2007, so post your introduction here.

C'mon... don't be shy... say hello.

Hi All,

I am new in this forum.

This is the best and most informative forum about Thailand. I am glad that I come across it !

I a little confused here. Few days ago, when I logged in to read the forum, there are little boxes below indicating the pages 1,2,3,4, etc.

However, when I logged in yesterday as well as today to read I could not find the pages! :o

How can I read those pages? I had been trying all means but unsuccessful ! The only way I can read is by clicking on the 'reply' button and only the last page appeared.

Can those familar with using the forum advise please?

Thank You ! :D

HI i seem to be having a problem replying or commenting on posts i'm not sure which boxes to write inmi messed up a couple a times can any one explain the correct way thanks IDIOT

Click here

And post your question, in the mean time I will try and find some links for you and BTW :o

Good Luck

Moss