Dead in bed: Thai wife says Swiss husband took too many painkillers

snoop1130

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Do they do even a basic toxicology or at least take blood and other samples for others to possibly examine later?  Or is there autopsy a pure physical surface exam and then off with the body?

No its always suicide b4 they leave the station if a farang is involved

toxicology

no such word around here

On 04/08/2017 at 10:58 AM, colinneil said:

Spot on Nancy, as you know i have chronic pain problems.

I do not allow my wife to interfere with my medication, i do it myself, yes sometimes i get it wrong.

Ony thing different in my case, my wife knows about my banking details, and has full access, she even has my ATM card.

It is not a problem for me, i trust her 100%

I don't have chronic pain problems, although do have a heart condition, my wife is my back up when it comes to my meds and the condition I have, including knowing that I am allergic to Penicillin, as I can sometimes be forgetful, i.e. did you take your tablets honey, yes, thank you I did, although sometimes I and she can balls it up, human nature.

Recently I took very ill for about 2 weeks, feeling as if a bus hit me, coughing uncontrollably, and a really bad headache, no power, either, I thought the end was here to be honest, must have taken so many prescribed pills to get what I had under control, apart from knowing that I was taking, antihistamine and anti cough pills, and me not wanting to take them as they made me feel worse, well that's how I felt about them, but she kept at me, you have to take them, nag nag nag, now she is not a nagger, but made sure she got her way when it came to me taking my meds that I didn't want, suffice to say the last recommendation the doctor made was going to the hospital to get put on oxygen and then have a chest X-ray to see if all was clear because of the wheezing sound, with the oxygen making me feel much better and the X-ray coming back all clear, suffice to say, it was put down to an allergy, smoke allergy, because that is when I 1st started coughing, i.e. I walked outside when the Mrs started burning the rubbish, something that she doesn't usually do as the rubbish gets taken to her sisters land up the road and burnt there, anyway I got a whiff of the smoke and went back in coughing,  and telling her to extinguish it, which she did, but I didn't think twice about the coughing, thinking I picked up the flu, "go figure", because the Mrs and little one picked up the flu a day or two later, therefore thinking we all had it.

I now have an inhaler/puffer which the hospital gave me, and use when need to assist until the allergy is gone, almost now and power coming back on.

I have no problems trusting my wife of 10 years, she also has details of all my accounts if anything goes wrong and how to access the accounts in an emergency, she also has my will and last testimony, now if you can't trust your wife, Thai or otherwise, you shouldn't be married, as for the controlling of your assets, that's a different story, never leave yourself open, trust is one thing, control is another, especially if those assets were yours before you entered into the marriage.

I wouldn't be judging the deceased guys wife too quickly as from my observations, most Thai wives will put their hands up with the "up to you" attitude if the farang is overbearing, no doubt she will surely miss her beloved one of 10 years, its not always about the money IMO.

RIP 

Edited by 4MyEgo

21 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't have chronic pain problems, although do have a heart condition, my wife is my back up when it comes to my meds and the condition I have, including knowing that I am allergic to Penicillin, as I can sometimes be forgetful, i.e. did you take your tablets honey, yes, thank you I did, although sometimes I and she can balls it up, human nature.

Recently I took very ill for about 2 weeks, feeling as if a bus hit me, coughing uncontrollably, and a really bad headache, no power, either, I thought the end was here to be honest, must have taken so many prescribed pills to get what I had under control, apart from knowing that I was taking, antihistamine and anti cough pills, and me not wanting to take them as they made me feel worse, well that's how I felt about them, but she kept at me, you have to take them, nag nag nag, now she is not a nagger, but made sure she got her way when it came to me taking my meds that I didn't want, suffice to say the last recommendation the doctor made was going to the hospital to get put on oxygen and then have a chest X-ray to see if all was clear because of the wheezing sound, with the oxygen making me feel much better and the X-ray coming back all clear, suffice to say, it was put down to an allergy, smoke allergy, because that is when I 1st started coughing, i.e. I walked outside when the Mrs started burning the rubbish, something that she doesn't usually do as the rubbish gets taken to her sisters land up the road and burnt there, anyway I got a whiff of the smoke and went back in coughing,  and telling her to extinguish it, which she did, but I didn't think twice about the coughing, thinking I picked up the flu, "go figure", because the Mrs and little one picked up the flu a day or two later, therefore thinking we all had it.

I now have an inhaler/puffer which the hospital gave me, and use when need to assist until the allergy is gone, almost now and power coming back on.

I have no problems trusting my wife of 10 years, she also has details of all my accounts if anything goes wrong and how to access the accounts in an emergency, she also has my will and last testimony, now if you can't trust your wife, Thai or otherwise, you shouldn't be married, as for the controlling of your assets, that's a different story, never leave yourself open, trust is one thing, control is another, especially if those assets were yours before you entered into the marriage.

I wouldn't be judging the deceased guys wife too quickly as from my observations, most Thai wives will put their hands up with the "up to you" attitude if the farang is overbearing, no doubt she will surely miss her beloved one of 10 years, its not always about the money IMO.

RIP 

I like your post but you really must stop posting things like this.

You should know by now that positive posts about Thais and Thai wives, simply enrages the Thai moaners, whiners and Thai bashers and sends them into a fury of negative posts to prove their point.

I am sure that a lot of them have nothing better to do with their miserable lives than finding any faults and anything bad about Thailand and then posting them here.

Of course Thailand has its faults and problems, bad people and bad wives, but so does every other country.

They need to learn and accept this quote.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reinhold Niebuhr
American Theologian

On 8/4/2017 at 7:17 AM, The Old Bull said:

I didn't know you could get any good pain killers in Thailand. I know you can't get sleeping pills.

You can get whatever you want, absolutely anything from a thousand pack of tramadol sold illegally by back street chemists in pattaya to street heroin

On 8/3/2017 at 5:31 PM, Kerryd said:

Colonel Mustard in the Library with a candlestick !

The burning question would be, if he did take too many pain killers, did he know he was taking them ?

It is quite possible that he did indeed take too many (perhaps washing them down with a favourite beverage despite the usual warnings to not consume alcohol and prescription medications at the same time). Wouldn't be the first time someone ignored the directions and thought "well, if 2 are OK then I can probably take 4 and they are probably just playing it safe with the no alcohol warning so a couple of beers (or shots of whiskey) are probably OK too".

Of course it is also possible that maybe he didn't know he was taking them as they were being fed to him (in food and/or drink) without him realizing it.

At this point in time however I think Col Mustard has to definitely be considered because "why not" ? We don't know enough to determine what really happened so why not go with the long shot ?

no he probably didn't know he was taking painkillers. He thought he was eating chips. 

In Thailand a good sleeping pill is a nice lady with a warm smile and hot body,

as well as you have a thousand baht to say thank you and good night.

Yes and too many pain killers can be bad for your health. RIP to the Swiss

fellow, 58 is too young to die.

Geezer

On 05/08/2017 at 1:09 AM, wakeupplease said:

Check the roots of his hair near the scalp if it has gone black test it and you may find arsenic which we all have but not in killing quantities an old old trick to cover suicide.

Who are you addressing that to?

The people on Thai Visa who have no input, the police who don't care what farangs think, whoever is doing a post mortem and who quite reasonably reject your well meaning advice?

BTW are you a fully qualified doctor?coronor with years of experience in conducting post mortems?

To my knowledge there is no arsenic in our house nor any of my friends houses.

There is a derivative of warfarin called Orfarin that I take 6mg a day on doctors orders, along with 3 other meds.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text