What's my truck worth?

Hi everyone

I am thinking about selling my truck, I just don't use it much,  but really have no idea what to ask for it. I looked through TV classified and Thai Baht/Sold but couldn’t find anything much like it.

How much could I expect to get selling it on the street, classified, etc?

How much could I expect to get selling to a used car dealer?

2012 D-Max SE 4x4 loaded.

78,000 K

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) the interior is an 8 and the exterior is a 7, well maintained motor.

I have blue book, in my name, what is the sales procedure?

Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance for your help.

Kidd

Edited by Coconut Kidd

2 or a 4 door? Have a look at one2car. com,  search your make and model then take 20-30% off the price of the price of similar vehicles advertised. That will give you an idea of what it's worth on the private market.  To sell to a dealer or "tent" make sure you're sitting down when they tell you the price they will give you. Depending on how quickly you need to sell and how low you'll go be prepared for a long wait. 

The dealer offered 200,000 baht for my 8 year old Isuzu 4 door with 100,000 klms. Let the missus's rellies have it for the same price. They are now hi-sos in their village, and the pickup hasn't given them an ounce of trouble in 3 years.

Edited by giddyup

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Doesn't mean you would get that if you sold it !!

Well I have done a search and the OP's ride sells in the 600k's...If he goes private it is worth 500k to anyone who want's one....:stoner:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Well I have done a search and the OP's ride sells in the 600k's...If he goes private it is worth 500k to anyone who want's one....:stoner:

It's not what it's worth, it's what someone will pay.

Just now, giddyup said:

It's not what it's worth, it's what someone will pay.

Sure, if a dealer wants mid 600k and a private guy want's 500k I see no problem selling it...Thai folk are falling over themselves wanting a 4x4 Toyota or Isuzu...:smile:

300k...............598423457d1de_laughalot.gif.bd9fc07cc964d2c30b0338cdf2f77a4c.gif

28 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The dealer offered 200,000 baht for my 8 year old Isuzu 4 door with 100,000 klms. Let the missus's rellies have it for the same price. They are now hi-sos in their village, and the pickup hasn't given them an ounce of trouble in 3 years.

Toyota Vigo smart cab bout 9 yr old 210,000 km/ Mech (10) Body (8.5 ) /1 owner / Always serviced Toyota / new mitchelen tyres

Toyotas offer 270,000 bht basic 5 sp manual 

Indicative pricing can be found here; costs you THB 100 and the answer comes in by email; upper part in Thai, the English translation at the bottom of the email. 

https://www.redbookasiapacific.com/rbcert/index.php?lang=en&cc=th

Everything else is guess work; you might want to list it here with pictures and more details (manual/Automatic) etc. 

Edited by Sydebolle
Incomplete

If you can sell it privat. From 350-400k. To a dealer 350 and down. Clean the car very vel. Spend some thousen maybee three.clean the seats and have the body work done. Put the car for sale on all the big, free adversitements in thailand. Sit back and waith for the response.

1 hour ago, anfh said:

I sold my D-max 2.9, in Januaruy this year, 4 door, 2006, 95k.

advertised it on Baht sold or 325,000, took 300,000 three weeks later.

I also had good experience by selling on Bahtsold...Should take a look there too.

Thanks all for your input. Mrs. Kidd is going to put it on FB and we'll see how that goes. I always hate this kind of stuff because someone says "I'll meet you at your house at 1pm to check it out" and then they never show up. Worth all of 50-100k not to deal with that crap.

It depends on whether the buyer is falang or Thai. My best guess is 400 - 450K on a private sale. A dealer would probably offer 250-300K. Thais like things new. They would be knocking 100K  off the asking price automatically.

Mrs. Kidd and I were talking this morning and we both remembered speaking to a guy at a Shell Station 5 years ago that offered to buy my truck. At the time I had only owned it a few months, told him no, and he gave me his business card. He was a used car dealer.

Amazingly, I still had his card in my glove box, and we gave him a call this morning. He said he remembered me (I’m quite handsome) and he was at our house within an hour. Considering the insurance (18k) is due first of next month, I was very happy to get 405k.

I really appreciate all the informative posts.

Mrs. Kidd is so happy, she’s taking me gold shopping later today. :shock1:

1 hour ago, Coconut Kidd said:

Mrs. Kidd and I were talking this morning and we both remembered speaking to a guy at a Shell Station 5 years ago that offered to buy my truck. At the time I had only owned it a few months, told him no, and he gave me his business card. He was a used car dealer.

Amazingly, I still had his card in my glove box, and we gave him a call this morning. He said he remembered me (I’m quite handsome) and he was at our house within an hour. Considering the insurance (18k) is due first of next month, I was very happy to get 405k.

I really appreciate all the informative posts.

Mrs. Kidd is so happy, she’s taking me gold shopping later today. :shock1:

405K from a dealer is a really good price, well done.

That will get 20 baht of gold ingot, unless your missus wants it in the form of jewellery.

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

405K from a dealer is a really good price, well done.

That will get 20 baht of gold ingot, unless your missus wants it in the form of jewellery.

From a dealer it was a price the dealer will probably make 200k on....

Someone said it's worth 300k...............598581a6221d0_laughalot.gif.3c88c3bc1701efa764927e31f39f2915.gif