British police officers cleared of misconduct after filming nude sunbathers

rooster59

British police officers cleared of misconduct after filming nude sunbathers

By Emma Rumney

LONDON (Reuters) - Four British police officers who filmed from a helicopter nude sunbathers, naturists and a couple having sex were cleared of charges of misconduct in public office at a crown court on Friday.

South Yorkshire Police officers Matthew Lucas, 42, and Lee Walls, 47, and pilots Matthew Loosemore, 45, and Malcolm Reeves, 64, were cleared of all charges. They had denied the charges.

Former police officer Adrian Pogmore, 50, had previously admitted to the same charge. He was the only one present on each of the occasions the filming was done, a spokesman for the Crown Prosecution Service said. Pogmore will be sentenced on August 8.

The prosecution said the crew had recorded two naturists at a campsite, a mother and daughter sunbathing in the nude and a couple having sex in their garden while aboard a police helicopter in 2007 and 2008.

South Yorkshire Police said it would continue its internal misconduct proceedings against its officers despite the acquittals.

The woman filmed with her daughter told the court the crew's actions were a "complete and utter violation" of her privacy, the BBC said.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-08-05

Hey....stupid lady who complained....put your clothes and your daughter's clothes on and you will have more privacy and less chance of your daughter getting filmed, projected on the Internet, molested, murdered, and her being taken away from you from some government agency!

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well just another travesty of justice.

A jury found these 4 perverts innocent, unbelievable.

Here is a case of 4 perverts abusing their positions, abusing police property, and they get away with it.

Have you reviewed all the evidence and case transcripts? Are you suggesting the jury reached the wrong verdict? If so for what reasons?

Im more annoyed that taxpayers money is wasted on this codswallop which happened nearly ten years ago. So a few nudists and a couple having sex get filmed by a Police Helicopter - Big - deal. Hardly a capital offence? If people don't wanna get filmed  then don't get your kit off and South Yorkshire Police? lol...

Looking at their track record I would have thought they have more important things to do to get their house in order... Complete waste of time and public money!

5 hours ago, Kabula said:

Hey....stupid lady who complained....put your clothes and your daughter's clothes on and you will have more privacy and less chance of your daughter getting filmed, projected on the Internet, molested, murdered, and her being taken away from you from some government agency!

Dear Sir, surely you are jesting.

If I take a shower in my outside shower surrounded by walls I do not want some pervert to take pictures.
If someone chooses to sunbath without clothes on his own property and cannot be seen from a usual angle, then that is their business, and that is called privacy.
If I were having dinner in my garden, out of public view, with my wife and her family who are dressed differently then they would be on the street, I do not want some pervert spying on the clothes we wear. 

Flying around and apparently getting a perverted pleasure from filming people that behave differently from what one is used to is way out of what is acceptable in society.

The mere suggestion that such behavior is the cause of people getting molested, murdered or "Taken away" is a fine example of the kind of thinking that is too often used as a defense for perverts.
""(s)he was there" so I had to rape her. and thus it is her/his fault."

Absolutely out of order.

Edited by KKr

3 minutes ago, KKr said:

Dear Sir, surely you are jesting.

If I take a shower in my outside shower surrounded by walls I do not want some pervert to take pictures.
If someone chooses to sunbath without clothes on his own property and cannot be seen from a usual angle, then that is their business, and that is called privacy.
If I were having dinner in my garden, out of public view, with my wife and her family who are dressed differently then they would be on the street, I do not want some pervert spying on the clothes we wear. 

Flying around and apparently getting a perverted pleasure from filming people that behave differently from what one is used to is way out of what is acceptable in society.

The mere suggestion that such behavior is the cause of people getting molested, murdered or "Taken away" is a fine example of the kind of thinking that is too often used as a defense for perverts.
""(s)he was there" so I had to rape her. and thus it is her/his fault."

Absolutely out of order.

A very ignorant comment.

Many a nude photograph has been posted on the Internet and ruined that person's life in later years for employment and political positions. 

Many people have committed suicide from bullies posting nude and clothed photos  with derogatory comments on the Internet ruining families.

Serial Killers and pedophiles search the Internet for targets and locations to satisfy their supply of sick and deadly fetishes.

In the U.S. minor children daily, are taken away from their parents for alleged abuse, endangerment, and a host of other allegations while the parents go to jail. In most cases the state wins all court  arguments. 

Sadly, it is alleged that many of the same children are found in unspeakable places, and rescued.

The woman filmed with her daughter told the court the crew's actions were a "complete and utter violation" of her privacy, the BBC said.

The defendants should have told the lady that it wasn't HER that they were filming.   

Some years back, a guy in the US started the "Gigapixel Project".  Made a super camera using extremely high $ surplus spy plane optics, giant film and also some digitizing.  He would photograph nature and historic scenes from far away (a mile or more) for future reference.  But you could zoom in and see incredible detail.  He noticed some people on a cliff in one pic of the pacific coast of California.  They had binoculars and spotting scopes.  Then he noticed some naked or topless women down on the beach.  555

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 4:05 PM, Kabula said:

A very ignorant comment.

Many a nude photograph has been posted on the Internet and ruined that person's life in later years for employment and political positions. 

Many people have committed suicide from bullies posting nude and clothed photos  with derogatory comments on the Internet ruining families.

Serial Killers and pedophiles search the Internet for targets and locations to satisfy their supply of sick and deadly fetishes.

In the U.S. minor children daily, are taken away from their parents for alleged abuse, endangerment, and a host of other allegations while the parents go to jail. In most cases the state wins all court  arguments. 

Sadly, it is alleged that many of the same children are found in unspeakable places, and rescued.

So, if I may summarise, what you are saying is that it is the victims fault.
(S)he should not undress, (S)he should not sit outside in his/her garden with an uncovered head, (S)he should not walk on the street where someone might feel offended or aroused, (S)he should not communicate on Internet .. .. .. 

It seems that our difference of opinion is that I accuse the perpetrator who commits the crime, and you accuse the victim because they were abused, killed , shamed or otherwise treated without respect.

Thank you for that valuable insight. 
I prefer to be called ignorant.