Visa based on dependency

Anybody out there have recent experience obtaining non O visa based on dependency. I've a young son born in Thailand to a Thai mother but we are not married. If I apply through the embassy in London , I believe it's 90 days maximum. What are my options , if any , of extending my stay ? Also , what documentation is required by London to get this visa ? The information on the website is a bit sketchy for dependency. Appreciate any help.

There is no visa issued for dependency. You can get a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai.

You may be able to get a multiple entry non-o  visa at the Embassy in London that will allowed unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

You will need you child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. It may help to have a signed copies of their mother's house book and ID card.

You can get a 60 day extension of the 90 day entry from the visa to visit your child.

To get a one year extension of stay at immigration will need to legitimize your parenthood. Info is here in this topic.

Ubonjoe, a question in the same vein: I nornally got the non-o for retirement, but now they only issue non-o's for marriage or children here in the Netherlands.

Will the embassy accept just copies of marriage papers and copies of birth certificate etc. in lieu of the originals which I left with my wife in Thailand?

4 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Ubonjoe, a question in the same vein: I nornally got the non-o for retirement, but now they only issue non-o's for marriage or children here in the Netherlands.

Will the embassy accept just copies of marriage papers and copies of birth certificate etc. in lieu of the originals which I left with my wife in Thailand?

They should accept copies in most cases. I write original incase they are asked for so a person is prepared in case they are asked for.

16 hours ago, Bullie said:

Consulate Amsterdam or Embassy The Hague?

Which one doesn't issue's O-A retirement anymore?

4 minutes ago, hgma said:

Consulate Amsterdam or Embassy The Hague?

Which one doesn't issue's O-A retirement anymore?

The consulate is a honorary consulate which cannot issue OA visas.

He was writing about a multiple entry non-o visa that the consulate could issue before but they are not allowed do them now.

• Thanks 1