Ice Skating..?

some people told me you can go ice skating in BKK? i haven't really given it any thought before but i may give it a try sometime. i used to go twice a week long time ago. where is it exactly? at the wtc? i should listen better when people tell me these things... :o

There was indeed been a rink operating for sometime on the top floor of whatever they're calling the WTC this week. There were usually a whole pack of Thai teenagers whooping it up there every afternoon.

I haven't actually set eyes on the place in a year or two, however, although the sign was still up on the facia of the WTC the last time I looked.

Believe the rink in Big C (old Imperial) on Latphao Road is still open. The was a large rink across from university on Ramkamhaen Road at one of The Mall building but not sure if still in operation.

I believe the ice rink is still open at Central World Plaza (CWP), now owned by the Central Group or previously known as World Trade Center (WTC). This place is located across Gaysorn Plaza and is a 5 minute walk from the BTS Station Chidlom. Can't miss the place...looks like a big box in the middle of the city.

As for the one around Ramkampaeng, not sure if it's still open, last time I went was when I was in high school and it looked run down at that time too.

Happy ice skating...