AIS Fibre and torrents

XGM

I subscribed to AIS Fibre (Chiang Mai) a couple of weeks ago, and had recurring problems downloading torrents. The error I get is "DHT: Waiting to log in".

First time was on last weekend. I called their support, they advised to restart the router. Didn't help. Then they told me their special "Fibre support" will call. Well it took them hours to call and by then the problem disappeared by itself.

Today, again. Called them again, got the same answer. Restart router, and the special support will call you. Problem persists.

It doesn't help to:

- Turn windows defender off (win 10)

- Disable firewall

Plus - I am using the same network with a laptop, by wifi, same issue there at the same time, so it's probably isn't a local problem on the PC.

Anyone else experienced this issue with them?

No, I didn't change anything in the router, and I think I don't even have the login/password to configure it. In any case, during the last 2 weeks it was working with no changes, exceptions are previous weekend and today.

Ok, well now I tried uTorrent and it works there. BitTorrent isn't working. Probably a problem with that application then. At the last time both weren't working. I guess Bittorrent needs to be reinstalled or somehow "forget" some issues that previously existed.

For the first time in all the years here in Thailand I have fast Internet from TOT Fiber. The 200/80 speed checks with Ookla and TOT speed tests show that I am getting even better than the advertised speed. Since I have had the high speed provider, I have come to the conclusion that web sites are not created equal. Some sites open at the blink of an eye but other sites are slow. Some sites such as TV occasionally freeze. Some downloads are very fast and others are much slower. I'm no techie so I have no idea why this is. Is it the traffic on popular sites?

I have been using Chrome for several years and some sites won't open at all. When that happens, I open Edge and they open just fine. Firefox refuses  to open TV to a regular page. I get a long page full of gobbledygook. I downloaded the latest Firefox and get the same result. I have uninstalled Firefox. I may go so far as to make Edge my default browser. Is it me and my computer or are there glitches for everyone?

If you're on a home package then the problem is likely to be CGNAT.
This means that your home set-up is a private network within another private network (AIS) which then connects to the main Internet.
I'm guessing that part of the solution will be to set up the Thai DDNS service mentioned on the AIS Fibre product literature. Just setting up port forwarding on your own router won't be enough.

I'm also guessing that@PIB will be a good person to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my SM-J200GU using Tapatalk

You shouldn't have to make any adjustments in the router, although you do have a VDSL connection which is different than most fiber installs I work on.

Do not connect the PC to port #4 on the HG180, any other port should be fine.

It could a be a Windows issue (letting the app through; %appdata%/torrentapp), a local firewall issue, a local internet security application issue, or a torrent application connection settings issue. In uTorrent I would enable: UPnP Port Mapping, NAY-PMP Port Mapping and Add WIndows Firewall exception (Preferences, Connection).

I can't see how port forwarding will help with this application and AIS's CGNAT?

I've never encountered a torrent issue with either AIS or 3BB fiber.

I too use TOT fiber high speed service. Never an issue logging into torrent sites or downloading. TOT does not throttle download speeds from torrent sites. However you'd be well advised to only download torrents using a VPN.

13 hours ago, XGM said:

Ok, well now I tried uTorrent and it works there. BitTorrent isn't working. Probably a problem with that application then. At the last time both weren't working. I guess Bittorrent needs to be reinstalled or somehow "forget" some issues that previously existed.

BitTorreent has had a few problems for a while. uTorrent works fine. Forget BitTorrent stick with uTorrent

14 hours ago, XGM said:

I had the same problem with my Ais fibre, connecting to peers and dht login. I figured out a solution, just go to your Ethernet settings click on properties and uncheck the ipv6 and click ok. It should work permanently now.

15 hours ago, Gary A said:

For the first time in all the years here in Thailand I have fast Internet from TOT Fiber. The 200/80 speed checks with Ookla and TOT speed tests show that I am getting even better than the advertised speed. Since I have had the high speed provider, I have come to the conclusion that web sites are not created equal. Some sites open at the blink of an eye but other sites are slow. Some sites such as TV occasionally freeze. Some downloads are very fast and others are much slower. I'm no techie so I have no idea why this is. Is it the traffic on popular sites?

I have been using Chrome for several years and some sites won't open at all. When that happens, I open Edge and they open just fine. Firefox refuses  to open TV to a regular page. I get a long page full of gobbledygook. I downloaded the latest Firefox and get the same result. I have uninstalled Firefox. I may go so far as to make Edge my default browser. Is it me and my computer or are there glitches for everyone?

Hey mate, this is a bit off topic to OP,   the speed test from ookla could be from internal thai servers,  so the speed seems blazingly fast, but its from a intranet not really ww web.   Most service providers use a transparent proxy to make sure ur not breaking laws or speed cap international websites.  Hence the attribute to your buffering issues, also based on your own assumptions busy sites do have lag.  You can test via testmy. net and use a foriegn server to get ur international speed and bufferbloat dsl reports, there is another test there to see if its a issue from tot to your router and traffic is getting chocked.  I had a bit of buffering as well and a better quality router fixed my buffering issues with a higher score in dsl reports test. 

26 minutes ago, BigT73 said:

Hey mate, this is a bit off topic to OP,   the speed test from ookla could be from internal thai servers,  so the speed seems blazingly fast, but its from a intranet not really ww web.   Most service providers use a transparent proxy to make sure ur not breaking laws or speed cap international websites.  Hence the attribute to your buffering issues, also based on your own assumptions busy sites do have lag.  You can test via testmy. net and use a foriegn server to get ur international speed and bufferbloat dsl reports, there is another test there to see if its a issue from tot to your router and traffic is getting chocked.  I had a bit of buffering as well and a better quality router fixed my buffering issues with a higher score in dsl reports test. 

TOT fiber offers two different routers. I was told that the 200/80 required, of course, the most expensive one. It a ZTE, model ZXHN F670. Connecting via WiFi is much slower that the LAN cable. Other than that, I see no problems.

OK there have been several off-topic reports, but some of the information in the "off-topic" posts have been related to speed tests so we'll let the posts stand OK.

On the subject of speed tests, I personally favour speedtest.net, and choose various international servers to test from, as unlike Ookla it does not aggregate tests and you get a more accurate result.

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

On the subject of speed tests, I personally favour speedtest.net, and choose various international servers to test from, as unlike Ookla it does not aggregate tests and you get a more accurate result.

???  The speedtest.net page clearly says "powered by Ookla"...

On 8/7/2017 at 9:56 PM, gandalf12 said:

BitTorreent has had a few problems for a while. uTorrent works fine. Forget BitTorrent stick with uTorrent

Same problem today.

Both BitTorrent and uTorrent stayed stuck on DHT login.

I deactivated IPv6, didn't help. Restarted the PC, nothing. Removed BitTorrent, d/l and installed it again... voila... it works, immediately, while uTorrent still didn't.

Then I checked the port for incoming connections, it was set to 44602 at BitTorrent and something else at uTorrent. I set the same port at uTorrent - that solved the problem there as well.

Archived