Samui Tides

Does anyone know the frequency of tides in samui, it seems maybe there is 1 a day at certain times of the month then perhaps 2 tides with one being bigger than the other at other times of the month. The height also seems to be greatly affected by Winter and summer.......

Anyone know exactly how the tides here work?

Also looking for a set of tide tables if anyone knows where I can find such a thing.

Does anyone know the frequency of tides in samui, it seems maybe there is 1 a day at certain times of the month then perhaps 2 tides with one being bigger than the other at other times of the month. The height also seems to be greatly affected by Winter and summer.......

Also looking for a set of tide tables if anyone knows where I can find such a thing.

Womble,

Samui Dive Supply sells tide tables.

Womble,

Samui Dive Supply sells tide tables.

Where is that?

The water can flow both ways round an island creating 4 "high tides" in a day.

This happens with the Isle of Wight in the UK.

Places like Pattaya seem to have only one tide in a day.....................

Some strange effect from the Gulf of Thailand.

The water can flow both ways round an island creating 4 "high tides" in a day.

This happens with the Isle of Wight in the UK.

Places like Pattaya seem to have only one tide in a day.....................

Some strange effect from the Gulf of Thailand.

The tides here are unusual not because it's an Island, it's effected by a strange phenomenom that causes unusual tides in other areas of the world such as gulf of mexico, gulf of carpentaria etc.........

i'm pretty sure though that at certain times of the month there is one tide and at others one big and one small...........

Womble,

Dive Supply is a shop on the ring raod, coming from Tesco's towards Lamai, on your left hand side, shortly before Samui - BKK hospital. It's on the same block of houses as Il Molino.

Womble,

Dive Supply is a shop on the ring raod, coming from Tesco's towards Lamai, on your left hand side, shortly before Samui - BKK hospital. It's on the same block of houses as Il Molino.

Thanks.......

I'm also looking for some navigation charts of these waters, anyone know if I can get these on the Island?

Womble,

Thanks.......

I'm also looking for some navigation charts of these waters, anyone know if I can get these on the Island?

Womble that link I've sent you for Garmin,I think they also supply navigational charts.