Do documents need matching names for Non-O visa in Savannakhet?

I'm heading to Savannakhet, Laos in a few days to apply for a Non-O visa for marriage to my Thai wife. We have all of the documents listed on the Savannakhet Thai Embassy website, but just realized that my wife's last name on her passport does not match her new ID card, marriage certificate, or house registration. Will this be a problem?

Thanks

You don't need to show passport/copy of her passport, just signed copy of house book, marriage certificate and I.D. card... you'll need original marriage certificate also.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

This is what I found on the Thai Embassy site http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

- visa application ( request at the Royal Thai Consulate-General Loading from the State Department  or the stars dozen on the Download the App. ). 
            - Original passport with copy
            - 2 x 3 cm photos of 2 cards
            - Copy of marriage certificate with original
            - Copy of house registration of spouse
            - Copy of ID card of spouse
            - Copy of spouse's passport
            - Copy of birth certificate of minor (In case of a minor)
            -  A copy of house registration of a minor (in the case of a minor)            
            - Fee 2,000 Baht / 3 months

This is what I found on the Thai Embassy site http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

- visa application ( request at the Royal Thai Consulate-General Loading from the State Department  or the stars dozen on the Download the App. ). 
            - Original passport with copy
            - 2 x 3 cm photos of 2 cards
            - Copy of marriage certificate with original
            - Copy of house registration of spouse
            - Copy of ID card of spouse
            - Copy of spouse's passport
            - Copy of birth certificate of minor (In case of a minor)
            -  A copy of house registration of a minor (in the case of a minor)            
            - Fee 2,000 Baht / 3 months

That's strange..... they never asked me a few months ago... and I've never heard of it being requested...

Sent from Mordor using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

If they didn't ask you for it that's good news. Hopefully it will be the same for us.

If anyone else has been through this process at Savannakhet, please let me know what documents they required from you

1 minute ago, rxr said:

If they didn't ask you for it that's good news. Hopefully it will be the same for us.

If anyone else has been through this process at Savannakhet, please let me know what documents they required from you

Relax !  The ladies ID number never changes and appears on her marriage cert, and her passport. I would also guess that her current name can also be found on the marriage cert. (Assuming she has taken your name)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

Good morning all.

With the fee of 5000 THB are they still giving the 1 year multi entry visa ?

The one that every 3 months you need to go out the Thailand or get a stamp at your local Immigration Office ?

Thanks

Lorenzo

You must leave every 3 months, or get a 60-day extension at immigration to visit your Thai-family.  After the end of that 60-days, you still need to leave, after which you can return and repeat the process.

Leaving and returning just before the "enter before" date on the visa, then extending that for 60-days, can give you approx 17 months from this Visa.

Near the end of any of the "permit to stays" obtained using this visa, you could opt to apply for a 1-year extension-of-stay at Immigration, which can be renewed annually without leaving the country.

Edited by JackThompson

1 hour ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

Good morning all.

The one that every 3 months you need to go out the Thailand or get a stamp at your local Immigration Office ?

Thanks

Lorenzo

yes. and the rules are as jack Thompson said. I hear you can get one at HCMC now which is nicer for a few days than savannakhet.

6 hours ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

Good morning all.

Only if you are married to a Thai.

Good morning guys sorry to bother you again.

I wrote to the Embassy in HCMC and they come back with non-exhaustive answers (for me) and the thing I tried to avoid is going to Vietnam with wrong documents.

I asked:

1)"What my wife has to write on the “Guarantee Letter" ?

Answer:

"Yes, your wife must write the guarantee letter for you."

Do you guys have ever done "Guarantee Letter" ? Can you give me some advise ?

I asked:

2) "Certified Copy” is a copy that has been stamp in a local Government ? I attached an example let me know if is that the stamp we need.

Answer:

"If your document issused by Thai Govement like Thai marriage cetificate , you don't need have any certified from Local Govement."

In there website they underline that need "Certified copy" do you have any suggestion ?

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

Attached a copy with a stamp that I hade to provide during the marriage process.

Thanks again for any suggestions

Exemple of Certified Copy.pdf

5 minutes ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

I asked:

Answer:

I asked:

2) "Certified Copy” is a copy that has been stamp in a local Government ? I attached an example let me know if is that the stamp we need.

Answer:

1. It is  just short letter from you wife requesting they issue the visa. 

2. A certified copy in most cases is just the signature on it of the person named on the original. The certified copy they think you are asking about is if you don't have the original to show. For example if you did not have the original of your marriage certificate to show if asked.

10 hours ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

Answer:

It's more of an invitation than a guarantee. Just get your wife to write a letter confirming that she has invited you to stay at ABC address and request that they issue you with the non-immigrant 'O' visa.

10 hours ago, Lorenzo Emaldi said:

I asked:

Answer:

"If your document issused by Thai Govement like Thai marriage cetificate , you don't need have any certified from Local Govement."

In there website they underline that need "Certified copy" do you have any suggestion ?

Any translated documents might need to be formally certified. But if you are asking about copies of your Thai marriage certificate, your wife's Thai ID, and your passport, all they would want is for your wife to sign her copies and you to sign yours.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:44 PM, JackThompson said:

You must leave every 3 months, or get a 60-day extension at immigration to visit your Thai-family.  After the end of that 60-days, you still need to leave, after which you can return and repeat the process.

Leaving and returning just before the "enter before" date on the visa, then extending that for 60-days, can give you approx 17 months from this Visa.

Near the end of any of the "permit to stays" obtained using this visa, you could opt to apply for a 1-year extension-of-stay at Immigration, which can be renewed annually without leaving the country.

Good afternoon,

I too have a 1 yr Non O multi-entry from Sawannakhet and my first permitted to stay until is 16th August meaning i should leave the country on or before this date. However, i saw your post, so does it mean i can go to immigration in BKK (where i live) and get 2 months extension before i leave the country for the first time on this visa ? ...which will then become 16ish Oct?.

Then i do this again each time?

Apologies, but the mention of 17 months has confused me.

Thank you so much for any feedback.

Best Regards.

6 minutes ago, james.d said:

Good afternoon,

I too have a 1 yr Non O multi-entry from Sawannakhet and my first permitted to stay until is 16th August meaning i should leave the country on or before this date. However, i saw your post, so does it mean i can go to immigration in BKK (where i live) and get 2 months extension before i leave the country for the first time on this visa ? ...which will then become 16ish Oct?.

Thank you so much for any feedback.

Best Regards.

Yes, you can go to Chang Wattana in Bangkok (if that office serves the area where you live) and get a 60-day extension of your stay to visit your wife.  She must be with you, and must provide copies of her house-book and ID-card.  And the end of that 60-day extension, you will need to do a border-bounce - physically leaving and returning to Thailand.  You can only get one 60-day extension of stay per new-entry to the country.

You can get another 60-day "visit wife" extension near the end of the next 90-day entry from your visa.

The 17 months is achieved by leaving and returning just before the "enter before" date on your visa, which is 1-year after it was issued (12-months).  That provides an extension to 90-days past the 1-year, so you are at 15 months.  Then you apply for the 60-day "visit wife" extension at the end of that, and you reach a total of 17 Months.

8 minutes ago, james.d said:

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit you wife for any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

The most important date you need to pay attention to is the enter before date on your visa. You can get another 90 day entry on or shortly before that day. That gives almost 15 months of total stay from the visa and then a 60 day extension of it makes it 17 months.

2 hours ago, james.d said:

However, i saw your post, so does it mean i can go to immigration in BKK (where i live) and get 2 months extension before i leave the country for the first time on this visa ? ...which will then become 16ish Oct?.

The extension is for 60 days. Day 1 would be August 17th and you would have permission to stay until October 15th. The extension will start on the 17th regardless of how early you apply.

2 hours ago, james.d said:

Yes, however, it's only worth doing the 60 day extension twice during the life of the visa because you will need to leave and re-enter just before the visa expires if you want to get the full 17 months. Basically you will extend the first, second and forth entries by 60 days. 

Many many thanks Gentlemen,

I was confused (easily happens) when I saw the 17 months. I think i have schedule as below.

Mid May 2017 -- Mid Aug 2017 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Aug 2017 -- Mid Oct 2017 extension 60 days in BKK.

Then leave Thailand physically.

Re-enter Mid Oct 2017 -- Mid Jan 2018 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Jan 2018 -- Mid Mar 2018 extension 60 days in BKK.

Leave Thailand physically.

(Before “ Enter Date” on visa) Mid May 2018 -- Mid Aug 2018 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Aug 2018 -- Mid Oct 2018 extension 60 days in BKK.

Many thanks again for your feedback and knowledge.

Best Regards.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:50 PM, james.d said:

Many many thanks Gentlemen,

I was confused (easily happens) when I saw the 17 months. I think i have schedule as below.

Mid May 2017 -- Mid Aug 2017 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Aug 2017 -- Mid Oct 2017 extension 60 days in BKK.

Then leave Thailand physically.

Re-enter Mid Oct 2017 -- Mid Jan 2018 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Jan 2018 -- Mid Mar 2018 extension 60 days in BKK.

Leave Thailand physically.

(Before “ Enter Date” on visa) Mid May 2018 -- Mid Aug 2018 entry permit 90 days.

Mid Aug 2018 -- Mid Oct 2018 extension 60 days in BKK.

Many thanks again for your feedback and knowledge.

Best Regards.

Sorry, quick question, my first "permitted to stay" is valid until 16th August, if i go beforehand for a 60 days extension in BKK like the 14th Aug,, do i loose the 2 days?

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, james.d said:

Sorry, quick question, my first "permitted to stay" is valid until 16th August, if i go beforehand for a 60 days extension in BKK like the 14th Aug,, do i loose the 2 days?

All extensions start from the date your permit to stay ends.

Immigration will be closed tomorrow the 14th for a holiday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All extensions start from the date your permit to stay ends.

Immigration will be closed tomorrow the 14th for a holiday.

Thank you UbonJoe,

Immigration closure never crossed my mind. Thanks again.