Farang Fiancé: Course teaches Thai women married to foreigners what to expect abroad

webfact

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

I was told by one lady, I want to live in Australia so much....until I told her the taxes and living costs involved. While they may have a better lifestyle than up in Issan, it's not all beer and skittles living in the West. Many young Australians simply cannot afford to buy a house now as the mortgage payments are outrageous in many areas. 

Yes very true it is very expensive to buy homes in Australia.

But the thai lady has a chance to better her life , if she is lucky to get to move to Australia and live there .

The bigger problem in thailand is that just 3 million pay tax , the rest don't pay 1 bht and want their government to help them out .

the living cost in Australia for  Australians is good, try the living cost of Thais in thailand is a joke for the Thais .

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, maxpower said:

On the subject of parallel universes, have you considered that you yourself might be living in a bitter and twisted parallel universe born from the constant frustration of not being able to match your perfect self.

Where is the bitterness in his comments? It was an in insightful and pretty accurate  observation of his time spent in Thailand reporting no bad experiences with Thai women,just an educated assessment of their limitations that he chose not to try to get seriously involved with. He's happy with his choices and current retirement option in Spain. The only bitterness emanates from your own ill informed assessment.

19 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

Far more foreigners relocate to Thailand and marry Thai women than Thai women move abroad with their foreign husbands.  The reciprocal course curriculum would be much more stimulating and relevant and could focus on the ethical and moral acceptance of deception, scams and adultery.

Far more foreigners relocate to Thailand and marry Thai women than Thai women move abroad with their foreign husbands.

Interesting, if true. Source?

16 hours ago, Happy enough said:

if you decide to spend time with a girl half your age with no money there's a good chance it will fail.

Now your statement makes me laugh how did you come to know that ? . 

I think their is more chance it will last .

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Not only a dating agency bride but a ladyboy who'd previously made a few risqué movies. The characters were extremely popular, and entirely typical of the type of humour in the Little Britain tv series. Hilarious, though definitely very far from politically correct. 

As an aside, I found it amusing that her last name Macadangdang is actually Filipino... 

that sodding programme. every time I go back to the uk I still get my mates asking how's ting tong. very far from politically correct. it was bloody funny though

One thing not mentioned is a lot of farangs are divorced in their home countries. If they are on a company pension it is likely half  as the divorced spouse gets the other half. Same with the government pension.

Makes it Damm hard to live back home with out getting a secondary job. And who wants to work after working for 35 to 40 years? Thailand works as a cheap alternative. Plus the taxes back home are crazy compared to here. A lot of times it just comes down to economics.

16 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Probably the comment nearest to the facts so far but went over the top a little, so lets try to correct this to help the girls get a better life.

Ladies there are two types of Farang the first ones is the one to avoid as he hangs around in Bars picking up anything for a few Bath and 3 minutes pleasure. He has lost face in his own country and cannot chat up or make a relationship with his own girls due to being either being obsessed with sex or wants to be in control of everything and has already been through 2 divorces due to his bad behavior. He will either have lots of money Daddy gave him to get rid of the embarrassment or a bit of a con artist hiding from his past. Now if you want to move to his country you may find he does not want to go home as he cannot for one reason or another.

But even if he can you will find it impossible to get a visa these days as Bar girls if you are one are looked upon as prostitutes in other country's and there are already enough there so they do not need anymore. Never admit you where a bar girl. So bar girls usual stay at home and miss out on the good life overseas. They later wake up, kick out the Bar Man take his savings and his home and car and he heads for Pat to join the flying club.

Mr Nice Farang

Not found in the bars, in fact hard to find around here these days as now he is a visitor to safer climates, but if found grab with both hands. He has a home in his own country where you will live in comfort and relative safety. He will treat you with respect and for once in your life you will be very happy in a life style that see's very little corruption, lies and deception. You will soon get bored with sitting at home and want to work so he will help you set up a business probably a small restaurant which with his help you will make a lot of money. So you will be off on holiday 2 or 3 times a year to see nice countries. If you do happen to split up in most countries after a certain time you can buy your own house and land (from the 50 50 Divorce settlement) which Mr Bad Farang man cannot. You will not have to do visa runs and 90 day reports as in most civilized country's they embrace you and not treat you like an unwanted guest and just after your money. You can use facebook and share what you want when you want (Be careful if you want to go visit home again). The real pleasure is you will not be surrounded by people who want to control you and feed your head full of crap you will be free and can say what you want when you want.

Happiness will return to your life then.

One thing Girls is

Learn to Drive Properly as they do not like bad drivers in civilized country's and please leave the bleed en Pick up truck where it is.

(from the 50 50 Divorce settlement)

now this statement is very wrong.

you need to lean the laws a bit , could be in your home country but not mine.

you seem to know it all about Thais and western relationships, but you are way off the make on some of your statement.

some right.

hmmm..... Thai lady small money ....limited opportunities.... meets Falang man with bigger money(usually)..... with more opportunities which usually translates into more financial security . Thus endeth the story.

34 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

One thing not mentioned is a lot of farangs are divorced in their home countries. If they are on a company pension it is likely half  as the divorced spouse gets the other half. Same with the government pension.

Makes it Damm hard to live back home with out getting a secondary job. And who wants to work after working for 35 to 40 years? Thailand works as a cheap alternative. Plus the taxes back home are crazy compared to here. A lot of times it just comes down to economics.

Besides of my girlfriend, I'm mostly here for the climate. What Aussies, people from Hawaii, etc. are here for, I have no idea. But agreed, Spain would be an alternative, but living costs are higher and the nightlife is a bit different...

And yes, taxes are a factor, too. Back home, paying almost 50% (unmarried) in direct taxes/social security contributions, then almost 20% in indirect taxes (VAT, etc.) on top, that really sucks. Getting screwed by a girl is one thing, but by your own government... :post-4641-1156693976:

5 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

you seem to know it all about Thais and western relationships, but you are way off the make on some of your statement.

some right.

there's an underlying truth to what he says. he's wrong on so many levels and it is basic generalizations which most of us our guilty of. it is funny though. that's one of the reasons I read the comment section of this forum. pure comedy

15 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I drive every single day in Thailand, no problems.  Sounds like you have personal issues. 

If you drive every single day in Thailand, with no problems, I think you would just drive down to your local village shop , not on the main roads.

thailand driver is like playing  Russian roulette with a gun with one bullet in it . 

The place is a joke and the thai government should fix it ASAP and try and save the 28,000 people who get killed on thai roads ever year , yes every year , bloody  disgrace . 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:47 PM, Thaiwrath said:

She also pointed out that most foreign men that marry Thais are actually only lower or middle class and don’t earn much

That should upset a few posters on here ! :cheesy:

Well that is part of it. The truth is that there is a wide range of types that marry thai girls. And yes you can generalize that they more then a few for various reasons do not do very well in their local dating pool. Something that is not just because the potential housband is bad dating material, but also because at a certain age its not much to chose from, and when weighting the options between 40 year old divorced western woman with 5 children and various degrees of queen-personality-disorder, versus a 20 somthing thai girl with 1 child and $-signs in their eyes, the local dating pool might not be that attractive for the man in question either.

Up to a certain age difference it would make sense for thai girl to go for the divorced 40-low-50-something farang. More likely they are at the end of their debt cycle. 

What they should teach them is very simple.

- Check that their future housband can actually support them in the begining. Very few place they will be able to work from day 1. More likely it is half a year to a year before they can get into a paid job.

- Establish rules on how much money are sent back to Thailand and at what frequency. It is my opinion this should be done in writing at the amphur and be a legal binding contract for both housband and wife.

- Make sure the thai wife understand she is expected to learn the local language within the first 3-6 months, and that the better she know the language the better paid jobs she will be able to get

- Leads on to YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO WORK

- Your housband dont know all the rules in their home country. Most often they will be as frustrated with the local bureaucracy as you are. Your housband will help as well as they can but things will take time.

- And YOU ARE EXPECTED to participate in the houshold economy when you start working.  Too many of these little dolls think his money my money, my money my money. 

13 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Besides of my girlfriend, I'm mostly here for the climate. What Aussies, people from Hawaii, etc. are here for, I have no idea. But agreed, Spain would be an alternative, but living costs are higher and the nightlife is a bit different...

And yes, taxes are a factor, too. Back home, paying almost 50% (unmarried) in direct taxes/social security contributions, then almost 20% in indirect taxes (VAT, etc.) on top, that really sucks. Getting screwed by a girl is one thing, but by your own government... :post-4641-1156693976:

we have property and business back home and the taxes are pretty steep. it doesn't really bother me how much we have to pay, it's how they spend it that pisses me off

Just now, Happy enough said:

we have property and business back home and the taxes are pretty steep. it doesn't really bother me how much we have to pay, it's how they spend it that pisses me off

i'll try not to rant over this. but my wife and I had to sacrifice a lot and work bloody hard to get what we have but having that creamed off to basically put up whole families of foreigners that have no intention of working and will generally breed more scroungers. there's enough british ones to pay for!  it's bloody annoying. rant over

5 minutes ago, catman20 said:

who cares :cheesy:

some think he's a bricklayer from the Coventry area with an isaan wife. some think he's a thai bloke who dresses as a girl and lives in the uk. but no one has confirmed who this gary is? who is gary?? it's a bloody mystery

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

I was told by one lady, I want to live in Australia so much....until I told her the taxes and living costs involved. While they may have a better lifestyle than up in Issan, it's not all beer and skittles living in the West. Many young Australians simply cannot afford to buy a house now as the mortgage payments are outrageous in many areas. 

I would consider myself lucky if it was only one lady. I heard the same thing about Canada about 50 times at least in 4 years (every time some random girl asked me where I am from)

it seems that they have this idea in their head that Canada is just like the photoshopped perfect Google Images pictures with the lakes and rockies on one side. (I never even seen them mountains as they are about 5000 kilometers west of where I lived)

when I tell them it's really cold back home during the winter they always say "I love cold!" and they are the same girls who complain that they are cold when it's about 20 celcius out.

we had an Australian that visited for the first time about 4 years ago, he kept saying he loved the snow and would go skiing every weekend.

he did go.. but just once! after that one time he quickly learned that the -20 celcius average weather was no joke and spent the rest of the 2 months there inside (at home, in a car or on the way to the bars.)

her topic or advice is generally aimed at village girls from poorer farming families in isaan. some people saying that thai women have no interest in anything. why would they have anything in common with a bloke from the west for example? I can give so many examples but just on my part. my wife loves good food, documentaries about what is happening in the world and doesn't have to work in a restaurant or massage parlour in the west. I know for a fact I am not alone.

one more thing before I log off and take a torrent of abuse. the easiest place to pick up lonely farmer girls is around sathorn soi 1 that are doing their german language test for visas. they have no respect. will even chat on the phone with their fellas on some shitty industrial estate whilst they . . . don't believe me? go there. too much tips for you fellas

Some Thai girls do not look at how life outside of Thailand is, and as always look at the money side first, I was talking to 2 Thai girls, and they told me with big smiles, and a look of I know best, English man is more rich than American man, that is why I want a English man. Being a English man my self, I was thinking it was tell him what he wants to hear, so I asked why, we not daft, English get 50 Bhat to the pound, American only get 35 (less anyway not sure of true rate) so English man has more money.    Thai logic at is's best.

1 minute ago, JonBreadMan said:

Some Thai girls do not look at how life outside of Thailand is, and as always look at the money side first, I was talking to 2 Thai girls, and they told me with big smiles, and a look of I know best, English man is more rich than American man, that is why I want a English man. Being a English man my self, I was thinking it was tell him what he wants to hear, so I asked why, we not daft, English get 50 Bhat to the pound, American only get 35 (less anyway not sure of true rate) so English man has more money.    Thai logic at is's best.

money is important. no doubt. I learnt that living on nothing when I was a teenager too. thais taught me a lot and I appreciate it

6 hours ago, JonBreadMan said:

I always tell Thai people how rich and 'hansum' they would be in Laos. After all, they could multiply their money by the factor of 250. Instant millionaires with only a few thousand baht! :shock1:

12 hours ago, georgemandm said:

some right.

Where do you come from Never Never Land?