PM Prayut issues orders to address Don Mueang chaos

webfact

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Swampy (Suvarnabhumi airport) at 16:23 hrs today. If it was me there I'd be Peed off. Next stop queue for the taxi.

1502281900940.jpg

It was like that last month. Line was backed up to the 50 Meters to Immigration overhead signage. Surprisingly it only took 45 minutes to get through as most of the counters were manned and they were checking forms & passports before they got to the counter.

It's probably worse today because after the weekend they most likely re-assigned half the staff to Don Mueang...

I fly in at least 4 times per year, in economy, and land at swampy around 6:30 am .. I'm always through immigration before my bag comes off the carousel. But, I've never seen queues as long as in the photo above. Maybe I'm just lucky ...

Carved on slate using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, masuk said:

If Malaysian Immigration can process each overseas visitor in less than half a minute, why does it take ten times longer for Thailand to do the same?  :shock1:

You are comparing durians to lemons. One is a real functioning government with highly qualified people, that are educated in a country that puts an emphasis on a good education, and devotes the resources to make it so. And has a government populated by mostly by people who are selected based upon merit. The other is a nepotistic system with very few competent ministers, leaders, or members of the cabinet. Why would immigration be any different?

13 hours ago, yellowboat said:

He knows how to say all the wrong things as a leader.  If he were just to apologize and take steps for this never to happen again, eventually the event would lose its news worthiness.  The crack about 5 minutes does not help either.  Rarely can I remember being able walk right through immigration in a few minutes.  Never have experienced four to five hours though. 

My 99 year old grand mum could take criticism better than the good general. 

I think the five minutes is about right at the actual point of standing on the footprints and looking at the camera, it's the bloody great queue before you get there, that he's ignored!  

On 8/9/2017 at 5:45 AM, Thian said:

“Such an incident is rare. Normally it takes each passenger no longer than five minutes” to pass the immigration process at the airport, Prayut said.

55555555:clap2::post-4641-1156693976:

Yea right, 5 minutes at the window after waiting in line for at least 30 minutes

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, steven100 said:

geeeze .... The PM is addressing the situation as priority but still the farang whinges show up.   Get a life for christ sake ....  :coffee1:

geeze ....  It takes the PM to address such a situation, and still nobody believes it carries any meaning, but still the deluded expats show up.   Get a grip for Christ sake ....  :saai:

4 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

geeze ....  It takes the PM to address such a situation, and still nobody believes it carries any meaning, but still the deluded expats show up.   Get a grip for Christ sake ....  :saai:

History teaches us lessons and suddenly 'deluded expats show up' who recognise the lessons of history! Those lessons are NOT being learned. :thumbsup:

How's your grip now? :smile:

It is worth noting if married to a Thai you can go with the spouse through the Thai channel,

Also if over 65 there is a channel next to the fast-track  for disabled, elderly and those with prams, , that can also seriously speed things up

1 hour ago, al007 said:

It is worth noting if married to a Thai you can go with the spouse through the Thai channel,

Depending upon the attitude of the IO. Most are fine but occasionally you get an awkward so-and-so. It's not an entitlement.

On 8/9/2017 at 6:22 AM, Chang_paarp said:

I suggest that the Honourable PM go to DM  disguised as a civilian and try to catch a plane to another country. Preferably trying to fly Air Asia. He might get a reality check on the 5 minutes claim. 

I agree and I hope that he doesn't catch the return flight.