Back to back non-imm multi or retirement extension?

I had a retirement extension that I lost due to forgetting a re-entry permit. I am now here on a non-imm annual multi-entry.

I have everything needed for a new retirement extension - the money is already in the bank -  but am considering getting a new non-imm multi instead. Jim in Penang suggested this last year but of course he makes a commission out of processing these applications.

I really dislike visiting Immigration and will probably be leaving the country several times during the year anyway, so I'm happy with the 90 day at a time stamp.

The downside is that I will need a trip to Penang and I might be declined a second such visa.

What do  the learned folk of Thaivisa think will be the best option? 

Also does KL issue multi-entry visas as I'll be there in a couple of months?

You should have no problem getting another multiple entry non-o visa Penang if you can show the financial proof. They are wanting proof you are retired if only using the money in the bank for it,

KL does not issue multiple entry visas. For retirement Penang is the only nearby location that will issue one.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You should have no problem getting another multiple entry non-o visa Penang if you can show the financial proof. They are wanting proof you are retired if only using the money in the bank for it,

KL does not issue multiple entry visas. For retirement Penang is the only nearby location that will issue one.

Hi Joe, can you please expand on the "Proof of Retirement" part?

I'm over 50 & comfortably meet the finance requirements in UK & Singapore bank accounts, but plan to continue to work for the next 6 months (during which I'm trying/hoping to sort out Visas, Bank Accounts, Place to live etc...) so wouldn't be able to prove the "Retired" part.

Thanks

LIS

13 minutes ago, LostinSEA said:

Hi Joe, can you please expand on the "Proof of Retirement" part?

I'm over 50 & comfortably meet the finance requirements in UK & Singapore bank accounts, but plan to continue to work for the next 6 months (during which I'm trying/hoping to sort out Visas, Bank Accounts, Place to live etc...) so wouldn't be able to prove the "Retired" part.

That is what they ask for.

It can be a notarized statement from your embassy stating your are retired or a income letter showing even a small amount of income.

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is what they ask for.

It can be a notarized statement from your embassy stating your are retired or a income letter showing even a small amount of income.

Thanks Joe,

For proof of income from my (UK) embassy, would you recommend showing 3-6 months worth of pay slips from current employer (exceeds the 65,000 THB per month) or showing passive income from the UK for the last tax year (Gross it exceeds the 65,000 per month but net it was more like 42,000 THB per month as I spent a lot of money "Refreshing" my house in the UK in between tenants).

Edited by LostinSEA

25 minutes ago, LostinSEA said:

Thanks Joe,

For proof of income from my (UK) embassy, would you recommend showing 3-6 months worth of pay slips from current employer (exceeds the 65,000 THB per month) or showing passive income from the UK for the last tax year (Gross it exceeds the 65,000 per month but net it was more like 42,000 THB per month as I spent a lot of money "Refreshing" my house in the UK in between tenants).

I am not sure the UK embassy would accept income from working.

You can show gross income for your other income. They will accept a bank statement showing the money going into bank on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure the UK embassy would accept income from working.

You can show gross income for your other income. They will accept a bank statement showing the money going into bank on a regular basis.

Thanks again Joe, I have a UK Tax Return from my accountant for 2016/2017 Tax year showing my Gross income but will wait until October when my next dividend payments are due & ask my UK Bank for statements showing the Rental/Dividend income being paid in.

Regards

LIS

After 10 years of extension I exited in May without renewing because I found the process so unpleasant at my local office. Always conducted by the IO that other expats refer to as "the c*nt". I thought that I would stop in Manila on my way to Thailand in November and get a tourist visa and then extend that. I also thought that a non-imm multi entry would only be issued in one's own country. I could get one in Penang? Finances are no problem. Do they want to see printouts? Certified in some way?

9 minutes ago, captnhoy said:

I could get one in Penang? Finances are no problem. Do they want to see printouts? Certified in some way?

Yes you could.

They only want your bank book updated before you leave to do the application. As I wrote before if you are using the money in the bank you will need proof of retirement.