Uncle of Bhakapon asks for US visas for Thai rescuers

webfact

12 hours ago, Xaos said:

They slow. With gear they got. Cranes, helicopters etc. I dont get it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I also don't understand why a big towtruck can't just pull it uphill...it's all damaged already so just pull.

Just now, trainman34014 said:

Much different situation as the Truck is not at the bottom of a cliff and in a raging river !

Then you look at the other episodes...they lift huge trailers loaded with the most heavy loads up from the most deep cliffs and rivers.

These guys are specialized in mountain towing...there must be real men like this in the USA as well i would think...they just lift it, no talk needed.

2 minutes ago, Thian said:

Then you look at the other episodes...they lift huge trailers loaded with the most heavy loads up from the most deep cliffs and rivers.

These guys are specialized in mountain towing...there must be real men like this in the USA as well i would think...they just lift it, no talk needed.

You should obviously fly there and take charge of the operation yourself as you are such an expert !

10 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

You should obviously fly there and take charge of the operation yourself as you are such an expert !

So along the cliffs down there in California there is no real towtruck like Jamie has?

Watch at 8:00 minutes....they will lift a trailer from deep down below.

I see some people watch too much television.  First, my condolences to the family.  Secondly, the uncle is too emotional to face reality.  Third, this not a simple recovery in its location. Not a pick and pull.  Fourth, the rescue teams in that location are extremely well qualified to recover the victims.  Fifth, we cannot dictate to nature when the water will recede. And finally, no loss of life or injury by anyone attempting to recover the victims who have to be presumed to be deceased justifies the attempt at this time. 

This is an extreme recovery due to the depth of the canyon and the environment around it. Anyone thinking other wise needs a life.  There are several rescue teams from several agencies that are very well equipped to recover the victims if it was even possible.  Stop and think, if there was any possibility they would have already offered their assistance. The Kings Canyon people are not that vain to turn away qualified help.

1 hour ago, Thian said:

So along the cliffs down there in California there is no real towtruck like Jamie has?

Watch at 8:00 minutes....they will lift a trailer from deep down below.

Too much staged TV drama for you.  They are not pulling a vehicle from 500 feet down a sheer rock wall in the middle of raging water that is only a few degrees above freezing with bad weather and a vehicle so banged up there may not be a stable lifting point.  There is no sane reason to risk other lives until conditions are good to recover those who have passed.