August 11, 20179 yr For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k?
August 11, 20179 yr I would assume that your annual income plus bank 2 months bank statement would need to add up to 400k gross (similar combination strategy to retirement extension requirements). As an aside, if you are working in Thailand - don't bother...just extend based on work
August 11, 20179 yr 1 hour ago, torrow said: For an extension based on marriage to a Thai, the requirements are 400k in the bank or a monthly income of 40k. Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? If so, how does one calculate the amount required in the bank when the monthly income is less than 40k? The latest version of the extension rules no longer allows a combination of income and money in the bank for the marriage extension. The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
August 11, 20179 yr 3 hours ago, torrow said: Am I correct in thinking it can be a combination of both? No. You can only use a combination of both when applying for an extension based on retirement.
August 12, 20179 yr 6 hours ago, SABloke said: I would assume that your annual income plus bank 2 months He's asking about an extension based on marriage, not retirement.
August 12, 20179 yr Is this amount to be shown every year? Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B). Interested in changing this. Elite card is always another option.
August 12, 20179 yr 7 minutes ago, Phuketboy said: Is this amount to be shown every year? Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B). Interested in changing this. Elite card is always another option. Every year.
August 12, 20179 yr can lt be forty thousand baht a month as combined income with your wife, we are retired teachers
August 12, 20179 yr 21 minutes ago, Phuketboy said: Is this amount to be shown every year? Not on marriage visa (currently and always been on non-B). Interested in changing this. Elite card is always another option. If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank
August 12, 20179 yr 2 hours ago, toddsaed said: can lt be forty thousand baht a month as combined income with your wife, we are retired teachers No, need to be one the husbands income only. Before 2008 combined income was allowed.
August 12, 20179 yr Removed a spam post and the two replies to it by the same poster. The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place
August 12, 20179 yr Has to be a bank account in your name only. There is nothing to stop your Wife putting her money in your account.
August 13, 20179 yr On 12/08/2017 at 1:45 PM, pby92 said: If you can afford Elite visa I don't see what the problem to have 400000 baths on saving account in Thaibank I never said there was a problem and it certainly isn't. I was just asking a question if it was to be shown every year. Oh and it's baht not baths, why so many people get this wrong. Edited August 13, 20179 yr by Phuketboy
August 13, 20179 yr On 12/08/2017 at 4:28 AM, elviajero said: No. You can only use a combination of both when applying for an extension based on retirement. Hey I'm curious, what proof do they require for monthly income? About 18months ago I changed my invoicing to my partners name(for tax reasons) if I start showing my income again, how many months of bank statement do they need, and do they accept bank statements?
August 13, 20179 yr 23 minutes ago, DjSiN said: Hey I'm curious, what proof do they require for monthly income? About 18months ago I changed my invoicing to my partners name(for tax reasons) if I start showing my income again, how many months of bank statement do they need, and do they accept bank statements? For "income-based" financials, they accept a sworn-statement from your Embassy - no 'statements' as primary-evidence. A few offices require that you get MFA Certification validating your embassy consular's signature. Some might also want to see some proof of money coming in, which a bank-book could provide. For "money-in-the-bank-based" financials, they accept a bank-book + letter from bank. Edited August 13, 20179 yr by JackThompson
Create an account or sign in to comment