Pool lounge chairs

Searat7

1 hour ago, beachproperty said:

Don't really know about Bangkok BUT take highway 7 half way to Pattaya (next to the Homepro) and they have Wooden ones (lie down which adjust to sit up) for 1500 baht....

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip!...How does wood furniture tolerate the Thai climate? Obviously it depends on the quality, but generally speaking? Any experiences?

8 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks for the tip!...How does wood furniture tolerate the Thai climate? Obviously it depends on the quality, but generally speaking? Any experiences?

You're right .....depends on the quality of wood. There are Two qualities ....One is a light weight wood ...that's the 1500 baht price. And one is heavy as heck (which I bought one a few years ago) and it is 2500 Baht (or was when I bought it....have to bargain), It stands up well to the weather even if the finish doesn't.

3 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Teakwood is what you actually want but that's pricey...they sell them in Bang Sue soi Mai-sac....10-15.000 for a nice one from teakwood.

They also might have cheaper wood but termites eat those or they can rot easy.

Or you go for a plastic one from homepro or so.

4 hours ago, Thian said:

Teakwood is what you actually want but that's pricey...they sell them in Bang Sue soi Mai-sac....10-15.000 for a nice one from teakwood.

They also might have cheaper wood but termites eat those or they can rot easy.

Or you go for a plastic one from homepro or so.

ok thanks...the Teakwood seems a bit pricey....I guess I'll go for the plastic ones!!

Just now, observer90210 said:

ok thanks...the Teakwood seems a bit pricey....I guess I'll go for the plastic ones!!

If they are in full sun all day i wonder how many years before they break...i guess 2-3 years.

I'm still angry about a plastic beachbed with a crack ruining my new shorts in our condo poolbar...the superrich landlord acted like it was my own fauly that i went sitting on that thing.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to take a look in soi mai-sac...they have loads of great teak furniture there..