problem with chickens dying,happening around the area also,tried mefs and antibacteria sprays but still losing birds daily,down to half my stock,others lost all. 

they get lethergic then sleepy,young birds last several days,older birds get purple face and die quickly.  any help please,thank you.

ps i am in Ban Denka Wang Chao tak

Purple combs is a sign of respiratory disease or heat stress. Since this is affecting neighbouring households/farms it's unlikely to be the latter.

Are there any other symptoms, blood around the nostrils, red/white spots on the legs or comb?

Are you burying the dead chickens?

You need a vet to take a look, there are many diseases that can affect chickens. I'd be very concerned if I were you.

Out here near Buriram in the next village two people lost entire flocks of chickens. My wife says it's bird flu but they don't really differentiate between the different diseases that can wipe out flocks.

I am busy netting in the poultry enclosure so that no birds from the exterior can enter, at least as far as the younger birds are concerned. It is important to observe hygiene and wash hands after handling the birds.

32 minutes ago, cooked said:

Out here near Buriram in the next village two people lost entire flocks of chickens. My wife says it's bird flu but they don't really differentiate between the different diseases that can wipe out flocks.

I am busy netting in the poultry enclosure so that no birds from the exterior can enter, at least as far as the younger birds are concerned. It is important to observe hygiene and wash hands after handling the birds.

Over in my area of Surin its OK for now but that could change. Your correct as the locals use only use one name for all diseases and its 'bird flu" when in fact there are other diseases that will wipe out a flock.. It is that time of year that this happens with heat and rain. If the flock needs to be inoculated the best source for info I can give is have your Thai partner contact the Surin Livestock Breeding And Research Center this is on the 214 highway about halfway between Surin and Prasat. My wife has a very strong standing relationship with this center.

Surin Livestock Breeding And Research Center

90 Moo 9, Surin - Prasat Road, Tambon Na Bua, Amphoe Mueang, Surin, 32000
Surin, Thailand

Service Category: Government Offices

Tel No: 044-512 828

5 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

Over in my area of Surin its OK for now but that could change. Your correct as the locals use only use one name for all diseases and its 'bird flue" when in fact there are other diseases that will wipe out a flock.. It is that time of year that this happens with heat and rain. If the flock needs to be inoculated the best source for info I can give is have your Thai partner contact the Surin Livestock Breeding And Research Center this is on the 214 highway about halfway between Surin and Prasat. My wife has a very strong standing relationship with this center.

Surin Livestock Breeding And Research Center

90 Moo 9, Surin - Prasat Road, Tambon Na Bua, Amphoe Mueang, Surin, 32000
Surin, Thailand

Service Category: Government Offices

Tel No: 044-512 828

Yes, that is excellent information, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

The missus wants to sell our birds, Rhode Island reds, they are healthy birds. I am in Kham ta Kla, Sakon nakhon. We will sell the birds for 100 baht for 100 and up and 120 for less, otherwise they are stew.

Archived