10-Year Visas Now Available: Thai Immigration

webfact

31 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This part I was particularly interested in. If you follow this link to the site, it says as follows:

There are only four Thai insurance companies listed there as being authorized/participating, and NONE of them are names/companies that I think most any farang expats in Thailand likely have their current health insurance thru.
No BUPA, no Pacific Cross, no Cigna, no AXA, etc etc.

Currently looking at the premiums of one:

Benefit_Schedule_Long_Stay_Visa.pdf

Will have to look in detail, but on the surface (amounts covered) and premium charged, looks like a joke. A bad one.

Anyway, good news is, you're covered until 100 years of age :)

Edited by lkv

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Where did you find that?  I didn't see any link for the O X on their visas page???

Magic lol.

Looked deeper into google on non immigrant o-x. Jakarta and Washington come up as far as I could find.

You are right, they did not link it in the visa page.

Edited by lkv

8 hours ago, lkv said:

Currently looking at the premiums of one:

Benefit_Schedule_Long_Stay_Visa.pdf

Thanks to Ikv for posting an example of one of these policies, specifically for this 5-years-x-2 "special visa".  I am familiar with Viriyah, a major company (I have purchased both auto and motorbike insurance from them, but have no experience ever filing a claim).

Looking at the policy (https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=456538), it has a number of pre-existing-condition limitations, requiring various delays before coverage begins, including 90-days wait between successive claims for the same condition.  Many retirees may already have decent health coverage for care received in Thailand from home-nation or other insurers, so this additional policy is pure expense, with little benefit.

Its premiums are also pretty pricey, ranging annually from Baht 39,500 at age 51, to ฿ 94,000 at age 75, as examples.  So the overall cost of this 5-years-x-2 "special visa" increases quite a bit.  See screen shot, attached.

Also, I have yet to see how this visa eliminates the need for annual re-visits to the Immigration Office to renew/extend one's Permission to Stay (i.e., remain in the country).  A visa is only permission TO ENTER a country, so it only eliminates the need for annual multiple-re-ENTRY permits (or single- or multi-entry visas obtained while outside Thailand).  I have seen no discussion of whether there will ever be multi-year Permissions to Stay.

10-year-visa_Health-Insurance_Viriyah.jpg

Edited by Bruce404