60 day non O visa based on children in Pratum Thani

So I have recently been told that I can get a 60 day visa without leaving the country based on the fact that I am a single father of 2 children with Thai citizenship.

My friend did this at chaeng wattana immigration. My children are on the house registration here in Pratum Thani. 

Can I do this at the chaeng wattana immigration or do I have to go to Pratum Thani immigration?

Or is it even possible?

Any advice is appreciated.

You can apply for a 60 day extension of stay. (It is not a Visa)

You can even apply for 12 months if you are the legal Father and qualify financially. 

Apply at the office that covers the area in which you live.

138 Mu 9
Tambon Bang Toei
Amphoe Sam Khok
Pathum Thani 12160
Phone: 02- 5931991
Service Area: Phatum Thani Province

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
138 หมู่ที่ 9 
ต.บางเตย อ.สามโคก 
จ.ปทุมธานี 12160

Edited by Phuket Man
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Phuket Man said:

You can even apply for 12 months if you are the legal Father and qualify financially. 

138 Mu 9
Tambon Bang Toei
Amphoe Sam Khok
Pathum Thani 12160

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
138 หมู่ที่ 9 
ต.บางเตย อ.สามโคก 
จ.ปทุมธานี 12160

Do I need financial proof for the 60 day extension?

Nope. Not needed.

2.24 In the case of visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality: 

Permission shall be granted for one time and no more than 60 days. 

(1) There must be proof of relationship. 

(2) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto. 

1. Application form

2. Copy of applicant’s passport

3. Copy of household registration certificate

4. Copy of national ID card of the person having Thai nationality

5. Copy of a marriage certificate or copy of a birth certificate

Edited by Phuket Man
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

138 Mu 9
Tambon Bang Toei
Amphoe Sam Khok
Pathum Thani 12160

ด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
138 หมู่ที่ 9 
ต.บางเตย อ.สามโคก 
จ.ปทุมธานี 12160

'You can even apply for 12 months if you are the legal Father and qualify financially.' No, you can't. You first need to obtain a single entry visa, then apply to change it to multi at immigration. 

2 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I'd like to know if you can, because as far as I know, you need to leave the country to obtain the visa, though you could then change it at immigration.

Extension of stay 60 days for staying with children and providing for them you get at Immigration inside TH,

a Non Immigrant O Visa for same reason for 90 days - you have to leave the country and apply at a Thai Consulate office. 

Hello.

I just get my "O" 90 days single entry. Not married and live without her mother. but my daughter live with me. 4 yrs old .. Not legalized

I will arrive in Bangkok soon. Can I apply early during my arrival at BKK at CW the 60 days extension ??

I would be able to provide ;

1. My daughter with me together,

2. Original thai birth certificate

3. Original thai passport of my daughter

4. Only copy of tabian baan but she is registered at her mother house at middle Thailand province..

I wanna apply it early for some reasons.

Edited by Danielsiam

26 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

Hello.

I just get my "O" 90 days single entry. Not married and live without her mother. but my daughter live with me. 4 yrs old .. Not legalized

I will arrive in Bangkok soon. Can I apply early during my arrival at BKK at CW the 60 days extension ??

I would be able to provide ;

1. My daughter with me together,

2. Original thai birth certificate

3. Original thai passport of my daughter

4. Only copy of tabian baan but she is registered at her mother house at middle Thailand province..

I wanna apply it early for some reasons.

I do not know if the Visa extension is possible at the begin of your 90 day Visa period, 

I think you have to wait at least 30 days or even 60 days before you can apply, logical, 

as your circumstances could change in these 90 days - but others will know more.

Usually Tabian Baan copy has to be signed from mother of child and also her ID card copy,

you cannot provide that,

so good possibility the Immigration would like to contact the mother if your story is right and a confirmation from her. 

I think also you have to proof where you are living - together with your daughter during the extension and bring a confirmation from that place. 

Maybe send your questions directly to UBONJOE or make him aware of your questions in PM  :thumbsup:

Edited by ALFREDO

5 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'You can even apply for 12 months if you are the legal Father and qualify financially.' No, you can't. You first need to obtain a single entry visa, then apply to change it to multi at immigration. 

Totally false information.

3 hours ago, ALFREDO said:

Usually Tabian Baan copy has to be signed from mother of child and also her ID card copy,

you cannot provide that,

The father can sign the copy of the tambien ban registry.

The majority of offices will not want a copy of the mothers ID card.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Good luck. Please give us an update of your experience. I live in Pathum Thani and although 'nice', they've been real sticklers (outside the requirements) when I've extended in the past (just last year).

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "sticklers" and outside the requirements please?

Overall a very painless process. There were only three other falangs in line.

Documents provided:

Rental agreement

Copies of passport and Visa pages

Copy of the house registration were my son is registered (not the same as our actual residence)

Copy of divorce papers

Copy of paper saying I have sole custody of my children

Copy of birth certificate

They first made me register my address.

Documents required:

Rental agreement

Signed copy of home owners ID

Copy of my passport and Visa pages

To be honest they hardly even looked at the documents. They told me that they could only give me 30 days but I can come back and extend it for an additional 60 days at the end of the month.

I also witnessed a man walk in to inquire about the ten year retirement visa and they told him it was not yet available.

O yeah and I saw the immigration officer vaping IN THE BUILDING!!!! with the window open.

Edited by Idiotabroad

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:18 AM, Baerboxer said:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "sticklers" and outside the requirements please?

Yes, I've had to show them the same supporting evidence for the extension that I had to show for the Visa application(Original O obtained in Houston (only requires $700 bank balance) and the year before in Savannakhet (none required but I had my bank statement showing Baht 400,000 with me and they took it with the application)). At Pathum Thani Immigration I had to produce supporting evidence of 400,000 baht in the bank for at least 60 days. According to what I've read here and on the immigration websites that is not suppose to be a requirement, so I don't initially give it to them. Subsequently, they've always asked for it. Once produced the extension process continues with no additional delays (except the crowd). 

I'm going back to extend my 30 day extension for an additional 60 days. I was only on a tourist visa when I did the initial extension.

And the extension was grant based on the fact that I have children here.

Will I be expected to show 400k in the bank?

If so, would a bank statement from the USA help?

I don't have the 400k at the moment but my bank records from the US show 5k plus a month and I withdraw most of that money here.

Edited by Idiotabroad

4 minutes ago, Idiotabroad said:

I'm going back to extend my 30 day extension for an additional 60 days. I was only on a tourist visa when I did the initial extension.

And the extension was grant based on the fact that I have children here.

Will I be expected to show 400k in the bank?

If so, would a bank statement from the USA help?

I don't have the 400k at the moment but my bank records from the US show 5k plus a month and I withdraw most of that money here.

I have never heard of any office wanting to see the 400k baht in the bank for a 60 day extension.

Not sure why AgMech Cowboy had to show it. Perhaps confusion with a one year extension application.

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:52 AM, ubonjoe said:

I have never heard of any office wanting to see the 400k baht in the bank for a 60 day extension.

Not sure why AgMech Cowboy had to show it. Perhaps confusion with a one year extension application.

Yes, Ubonjoe, it really puzzled me, too. I always dress properly when I go there and have not had any face shaming problems or arguments. I had a multiple enter 1 year Non-O, but have never extended any of my 90 day 'In/Out stamps' on that old visa (and I've not been out there (Pathum Thani) since then, Spring 2016). I needed to extend for 60 days to 2 July. Here's the way it started. "Hi, I want to apply for my 60 day extension". They look at my passport and I'm told, Sorry Mr. You can only apply for 7 day extension. "What? I have Non-O for family support how can it be only 7 days?" And it goes on from there. I show them my documents. They ask for more. I give them more. Ok, Mr., you can apply for 60 days. Kha Tote, Kai.

I rarely go there for extensions. In past I usually traveled during my 90 days, so I don't know all the procedures. I read on Thaivisa what I need to bring. (But I brought all the documents (updated) that I used for the Visa).  Ended up needing them.  I thought it was wrong, too, but I wasn't going to say anything. I had the evidence and I needed to extend the visa. It's too far out there to mess with by having to go back because I should upset someone by arguing. I just hand them what they ask for.