British survey points travellers to Bangkok: ‘Cheapest city on earth’ not proud of it

webfact

39 minutes ago, The manic said:

it is one of the most expensive cities in the world.

With cheap hotels from £6.00 a night (featured in the story from lastminute.com). Fish and chips in the UK costs more than that.

Says everything about the writer as hotels at £60,70,80 90, 100 per night are the norm

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, dcnx said:

Big spenders go to places where it's unlikely that their taxi driver is going to hack them with a machete.

Actually, I know a very respectable Canadian and American who were hacked with a machete by a taxi driver right outside their condo building some years ago. The American lost an eye in the attack. The taxi driver got 10 years inside for his crime.  It could happen anywhere to anyone, in the "right" circumstances. :wink:

If you want to live like a back packer I agree. When you have a family to consider that option is really a no go. Taxi's actually start at Baht 35 so if you are paying Baht 40 you should be walking the 1 km

I'm pretty sure my post clearly reads that all budgets are covered.

3000 baht a night is still dirt cheap, I'm pretty confident your family would be happy, no? Go 6k..No? Go 9k I hope you get the picture

. However some just have to have the penthouse.. That's the beauty of bangkok

I don't get the point of this new "case study"?

if they increase prices, a worrying percentage of expats and tourists will just flee!...

The first reason to come to Thailand is to get a good quality at the lowest price possible!!.....if not, there are other Asian or Carribean areas that are far more hospitable to farangs, with world class quality infrastructures, for a fraction of the current costs in Thailand!...

So please, Thailand, we love you, we respect you, but don't get your heads turned....if your prices increase, us tourists and expats will spend our money elsewhere....:wai::signthaivisa:

Edited by observer90210