Baby enters on foreign passport then gets Thai pasport

11 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Ubonjoe would that also present a possible problem as IO could look for the exit stamp from the last country?

Answered before here.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most entry immigration officers at airports do not look for a departure stamps  in a passport. At land border crossings they do.

There have been cases of a Thai immigration officers have questioned why there was no Thailand departure stamp in a Thai passport but that is not a valid reason for denial of entry.

3 hours ago, selavy59 said:

How does one go about getting a Thai passport for a child in the UK?

Its a long story with a lot of translation paperwork required, did both for our Australian born daughters, 1st up was applying to get them Thai birth certificates, once you have them, then you can apply for the Thai passports, like I said a lot of paperwork and translations, but all done through the Thai Consulate. 

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

One trip is too much hassle compared to domestic extensions and 90 day reports? Sounds like somebody want the rules adjusted for their own convenience. Are there other issues that prevent a short weekend travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah probably working on a tourist visa and wont be able to get the time off work. 

13 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Yeah probably working on a tourist visa and wont be able to get the time off work. 

what? Ive just left my job n Singapore, im certainly not working on a tourist visa, why the would do that? I've just left a good paying highly skilled job (which all expat jobs in Singapore are) im not about to start working as a dive instructor, fake real estate developer or pedo teacher,

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Its a long story with a lot of translation paperwork required, did both for our Australian born daughters, 1st up was applying to get them Thai birth certificates, once you have them, then you can apply for the Thai passports, like I said a lot of paperwork and translations, but all done through the Thai Consulate. 

yes agreed, we could only get the Thai birth certificate done in time before we had to leave Singapore, the Thai embassy there are super nice and friendly but we had to get a Public Notary done for all the UK docs (my passport, our UK marriage certificate, baby Singapore birth certificate) which even in efficient Singapore takes time, then it takes the Thai embassy 7 days to process a birth certificate or in our case 14 days due to an important figure coming for  a visit to Singapore. A passport would have then been possible but we just ran out of time.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

3 hours ago, misterphil said:

Its too much hassle to take your wife and daughter to Singapore for a day out, have dinner by the quay side then fly home???

Get a grip son. 

"get a grip son"???

We live on Phangan, so the boat and taxi to samui airport is 800 baht, flight on silk air is 14k each, taxi, food and minor shopping in singapore would be 200 SGD, so thats about 30,000 Thai Baht.

OR

just go to samui immigration and get a 1 year extension for 1,900 Thai Baht

hmmm, I think I have a sound grip on reality unlike some troll TV post.

And why would we have dinner quay side? yeah great place to have meal in Singapore.

3 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

One trip is too much hassle compared to domestic extensions and 90 day reports? Sounds like somebody want the rules adjusted for their own convenience. Are there other issues that prevent a short weekend travel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its way to much hassle

1. Flight leaves at 9.50am so its the 7.20 boat we get from Phangan to Samui so we need to get up at 6am and wake the baby up earlier than she would normally

2. Then its a 50 minute taxi to the airport on samui, so our baby (only 6 months old) who has been woken up early now cry's for 50 minutes as for some unexplained baby reason does not like car rides.

3. Now its 9am and the baby is 1 hour late for her 1st nap of the day and is now super grumpy and rubbing her eyes, not a nice picture for a loving parent to see their baby in.

4. No we get on the plane and although I dont mind the short 90 minute flight my wife is scared of flying so this is not a nice experience which my hand being squeezed so my blood stops circulating every time we hit turbulence.

5. Now we are in Singapore, yes we can get a taxi to somewhere and have lunch or something and fly back but the baby has not had a nap yet and still there is no suitable place for this to occur, let alone fit in the need three naps a day our 6 mont old baby needs,

6. plus we are carrying the baby car seat, baby pram, baby changing clothes, baby food, baby medical stuff, etc.. plus all our own stuff, OR we check into a hotel and pay money for no reason.

Then we do the reverse trip back to Phangan and face all of the above again

OR!!!!

We just get a 1 year extension at Samui immigration which we got this afternoon and our back home already. 

" Sounds like somebody want the rules adjusted for their own convenience"

err no, sound like you are just trolling, we only wanted to KNOW THE RULES, which helpfully a few on this forum helped us with and managed to save us a huge amount of hassle. 

50 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

yes agreed, we could only get the Thai birth certificate done in time before we had to leave Singapore, the Thai embassy there are super nice and friendly but we had to get a Public Notary done for all the UK docs (my passport, our UK marriage certificate, baby Singapore birth certificate) which even in efficient Singapore takes time, then it takes the Thai embassy 7 days to process a birth certificate or in our case 14 days due to an important figure coming for  a visit to Singapore. A passport would have then been possible but we just ran out of time.

I think the 1 year extension as Ubonjoe suggested earlier is the cheapest alternative for you, suffice to say when you do exit next time, exit on the same passport the child came in on, and then come back in on the Thai passport, but don't quote me on that, I leave it all up to the Mrs when it comes to this as it doesn't take much to confuse me, i.e. in on Thai passport, exit on Aussie passport, something like that.

Anyways I hope it all works out for you without too much drama, but wanting anything in Thailand like the yellow book, Tabien Baan is equally challenging with loads of paperwork to provide.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Despite your opinion, which I do agree with, the reality is at least for a good friend, who's dual nationality son wrongly entered on a UK passport, 5 years ago, is still trying to rectify the sons Immigration status.

For the last 5 years his son has had to obtain extensions and make 90 day reports.

Following the advise you have given, they have tried to exit 3 times on his UK passport and re-enter on his Thai passport, twice by air, once by border crossing. Each time entry was refused on his Thai passport because there was no record of him leaving as a Thai citizen.

Entry using the automatic gates was refused, I can only assume for the same reason.

Sounds pretty strange... I posted my mother's and my experience successfully doing pretty much the same thing at 

Summary is that my mom and I both were able to enter Thailand on Thai passports that were issued while outside of the country--we had never exited Thailand with them. I had no problem using the auto gate, while my mom had to go to an immigration officer (for a reason unrelated to the blank and heretofore unused passport). While the IO did question her about the lack of exit stamp, he still let her in.

18 hours ago, STD Warehouse said:

"get a grip son"???

We live on Phangan, so the boat and taxi to samui airport is 800 baht, flight on silk air is 14k each, taxi, food and minor shopping in singapore would be 200 SGD, so thats about 30,000 Thai Baht.

OR

just go to samui immigration and get a 1 year extension for 1,900 Thai Baht

hmmm, I think I have a sound grip on reality unlike some troll TV post.

And why would we have dinner quay side? yeah great place to have meal in Singapore.

Phangan?

Taxi across the Malaysian border then. 

11 hours ago, QuantumMech said:

Sounds pretty strange... I posted my mother's and my experience successfully doing pretty much the same thing at 

Summary is that my mom and I both were able to enter Thailand on Thai passports that were issued while outside of the country--we had never exited Thailand with them. I had no problem using the auto gate, while my mom had to go to an immigration officer (for a reason unrelated to the blank and heretofore unused passport). While the IO did question her about the lack of exit stamp, he still let her in.

And from what you stated in that topic, your Mom was allowed to enter with a 30 day Visa exempt stamp, in her Thai passport.

Amazing how some people just don't get it!

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:15 PM, STD Warehouse said:

Why don't they just exit on the Thai passport, immigration will think it's his first time leaving Thailand, stamp him out.

then on return he's good to come back in on thai passport 

So he remains on Immigrations database as a foreigner who entered, but never left.

Yeah right! That'll work, why didn't I think of that  :whistling:

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

And from what you stated in that topic, your Mom was allowed to enter with a 30 day Visa exempt stamp, in her Thai passport.

Amazing how some people just don't get it!

I don't see how you got that from my post... There's no such thing as a 30 day visa exempt for a Thai national. The stamp doesn't show a 30 day stay, nor does it have anything written as the "visa class". The 30 day visa exempt stamps in her US passport have something that looks like "e30” or maybe "ex30" as the visa class.

Regardless of what my mom has, as I said, I used the auto gate with no problems at all.

yeah its way to much hassle  

1. Flight leaves at 9.50am so its the 7.20 boat we get from Phangan to Samui so we need to get up at 6am and wake the baby up earlier than she would normally

2. Then its a 50 minute taxi to the airport on samui, so our baby (only 6 months old) who has been woken up early now cry's for 50 minutes as for some unexplained baby reason does not like car rides.

3. Now its 9am and the baby is 1 hour late for her 1st nap of the day and is now super grumpy and rubbing her eyes, not a nice picture for a loving parent to see their baby in.

4. No we get on the plane and although I dont mind the short 90 minute flight my wife is scared of flying so this is not a nice experience which my hand being squeezed so my blood stops circulating every time we hit turbulence.

5. Now we are in Singapore, yes we can get a taxi to somewhere and have lunch or something and fly back but the baby has not had a nap yet and still there is no suitable place for this to occur, let alone fit in the need three naps a day our 6 mont old baby needs,

6. plus we are carrying the baby car seat, baby pram, baby changing clothes, baby food, baby medical stuff, etc.. plus all our own stuff, OR we check into a hotel and pay money for no reason.

Then we do the reverse trip back to Phangan and face all of the above again

OR!!!!

We just get a 1 year extension at Samui immigration which we got this afternoon and our back home already. 

" Sounds like somebody want the rules adjusted for their own convenience"

err no, sound like you are just trolling, we only wanted to KNOW THE RULES, which helpfully a few on this forum helped us with and managed to save us a huge amount of hassle. 

I fly several times a month half the time it seems I'm sat close to babes in arms. For one that cries all night 5 are perfect little lambs. (I do think Business class should be child free however). The Hosties dote over you and your family get the bulkhead seat for the baby bassinet in economy. Sorry your wife has an irrational fear of flying it is 1000 times safer than getting in any car on Samui or Koh Phangan. Best of luck running around like a beheaded chook kowtowing to Samui Immigration for extentions and 90 day reports for a Thai national who could otherwise live freely in her own country without unnecessary paperworks.

Own, actual experience, although 20+ years ago.

Daughter (age 6 at the time) entered with UK passport, but got Thai and passport after entry.

Visit to Immigration (at that time, Suan Plu) where they helpfully cancelled the entry stamp in the UK passport, so she could not leave on that passport. Indefinite stay, and subsequent (to date ) departures and arrivals in Thai passport.

Job done.