Vientiane in 2 weeks....New Tourist Visa possible

Hi

In two weeks my tourist visa  issued at the Thai consulate in Amsterdam expires. Arrived nearly three months ago and extended it with 30 days  at immigration Chiang Mai. I must get out before August 31 but as I want to stay until  October 20 as I will fly back to Holland to work for three months again. I think getting a new Tourist Visa at Vientiane would be the best option. I am Dutch and frequently visited Thailand in the past 

My passport is new (issued 3 march 2017 in Holland) and has only the Amsterdam Visa in it. And there are no remarks about that in my passport

My last tourist visa from Vientiane dates back to 29 may 2015...after that I did not ask for another one until the present one from Amsterdam but traveled regularly to Thailand by using the 30 days visa exception forms always extended with 30 more days at Chiang Mai or Pattaya immigration.

I have two questions

- Will I get another one at Vientiane ? Will it be difficult ?

- if I read the latest post here for the visa I have to bring/show:

1. 2 pictures

2. my Dutch passport

3 copies of the pages in my passport showing my picture; my old Thai visa; My Laos visa 

4 1000 baht

5 20.000 baht in cash to show at the bridge in Nong Khai . I not like to carry a lot of cash with me but if there is  a possibility that not having it in cash would mean troubles I would of course bring it.

6 info about my next address in Thailand after entering 

Do I also have to show them a copy of my return-ticket back to Europe. ? 

Edited by nuckyt77

No problem to get the visa.

1/2 yes

3. No need for a copy of your current visa. Just the Lao visa and entry stamp.

4. Yes

5. No recent report of immigration asking for the 20k baht proof.

6. Just put your complete address on the application form. They do not ask for proof of it.

No need to show a ticket out of the country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

OP you will have no issues at VT, at the present time you can get between 3-5 SETV's there before you get the "Red stamp" warning you will not receive another one there

I would be very surprised if a 4th TR Visa from Vientiane in the same passport did not have the "red stamp" - even if spaced years apart.  But this is no problem for the OP with his new passport and zero Vientiane stamps in it.

41 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

I would be very surprised if a 4th TR Visa from Vientiane in the same passport did not have the "red stamp" - even if spaced years apart.  But this is no problem for the OP with his new passport and zero Vientiane stamps in it.

I took my info from the owner of TVS however I do agree with you re the 4th

Remember that you will be applying for a single entry visa and for this you will have to present your passport, documents and visa fee in the morning (before 11.00am - I would arrive a little earlier) for which they give you a receipt. You present your receipt in the afternoon of the following day from 2pm onwards when they call your number. Do not leave it until the next day or you may find they have cancelled your visa!

If you apply on a Friday morning, you will get your visa on the following monday afternoon.

3 minutes ago, nuckyt77 said:

Only 1 question I have...for the Laos visa I need 1 or 2 pictures....Thai I know 2 are needed

I have 3 remaining from my extension last month in Chiang Mai 

You will only need one photo for a Laos visa on arrival application. Lao visa on arrival form.pdf

The photos you used for your extension are probably to big for the visa application at the embassy. It requires 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos.

19 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I use the same photos (same batch of photos) that I use when I do my extension at Immigration in Thailand on my visa application form for the VT Embassy, never had a issue

If you used the proper 4 X 6 cm photo for the extension application I am not sure how you would be able to put them on the visa application form.

Vientiane went through a picky spell a couple of years ago and refused applications if the photos were not perfect. They still have this on their website. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/PhotoRequirement.pdf

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you used the proper 4 X 6 cm photo for the extension application I am not sure how you would be able to put them on the visa application form.

Vientiane went through a picky spell a couple of year ago and refused applications if the photos were not perfect. They still have this on their website. http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/PhotoRequirement.pdf

I have used the same size photos for both Visa Extensions in Thailand and TV applications at VT for the last 2.5 years Joe, I understand what you are saying but I can only advise from my own experiences 

Maybe they stopped being picky when everyone still kept turning up with the wrong size photos and their income dropped

As it happens  I have noticed the photos I stick on are way to big for the boxes provided on the application form but I have not had a problem