In Car Computer System

naboo

My 6 year old truck is starting to lack a little in the on board digital gadgets - its got a CD Player and stereo, and that's it.

I'm looking at installing a complete system, probably Android based, such as the one in the video:

I would like to be able to:

Make calls in car with my phone connected to the system - bluetooth or USB tethered (if possible), so I'll also need a built in mic.

Connect to the internet and have access to Youtube and Netflix, possibly Spotify which is coming to Thailand and probably Tune-In for digital radio. Hence probably Android (any other options?) I would preferably do this through a built in SIM card as I have found the 99B/month plan with CAT for unlimited 384kbps is capable of streaming Youtube or Netflix while navigating with Google Maps at the same time.

Google Maps Navigation - I recently toured Thailand using Google Maps navigation on my phone and it is, in my eyes, superior to any other GPS system as it gives live info on heavy traffic and rerouted me a number of times to avoid heavy traffic around Bangkok.

A built in hard drive of at least 32GB plus USB connectivity for my music. If I could have the glove box set up as in the video above where I can plug in an external hard drive that would be a great, possibly better alternative.

I'd like to add front and back dash-cams connected to the system as well, saving and uploading to Google Drive (getting a bit ambitious with my 384kbps there, maybe I'll go for the 1GB option).

I've researched online, but nothing Thailand related. Can anybody give me first hand experience of such a system installed in Thailand, and maybe be able to recommend a model and give an idea of cost. I'm not looking to spend more than 15,000B all in, the above system in the video comes in under this price.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...