Government Lotto, a mystery to me. Please explain.....

flipper2222222

14 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Awesome, now all I need to do is win big...lol

Only know as i went to claim a rather large prize for MIL about 18mths ago. Mrs was going to claim it for her but i asked if i could try as I to had heard they would not pay out to foriegners. No problem at all using yellow tabien and ID card. (Did ask if passport would be  ok  yes that would be fine.) 

4 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Furthermore the vendors pre-buy the tickets so if they don't sell their entire allocation they wear the costs of the unsold tickets. 

True. It can be a good idea to buy just before the draw as vendors become desperate to sell. I have been offered all remaining tickets at virtually half price but usually been too many for me.

21 hours ago, Phatbeets said:

IF this is true, its really F*cked up - but again nothing surprises me about LOS anymore..

Why you do in in fallang name?? My Thai wife win and she go shopping. Not business of fallng. 

Fallang rich already !!

21 hours ago, sandyf said:

True. It can be a good idea to buy just before the draw as vendors become desperate to sell. I have been offered all remaining tickets at virtually half price but usually been too many for me.

Most old mama and papa sellers work for someone else so they dont incure and non selling costs. I did ask once a few years ago what happens to unsold tickets. From the vauge reply i deduced they swap the old tickets they dont sell for new ones.  So there is no lose incured. A theory backed up by our village lottery seller.

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Most old mama and papa sellers work for someone else so they dont incure and non selling costs. I did ask once a few years ago what happens to unsold tickets. From the vauge reply i deduced they swap the old tickets they dont sell for new ones.  So there is no lose incured. A theory backed up by our village lottery seller.

There are different arrangements in many lines of work. On the morning of the draw a whole bunch of sellers appear on the side of the Chonburi bypass waving at the passing vehicles in desperation. As you say there are some that do not lose anything, my sister in law being one of them, she seems to do very well from selling tickets.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

There are different arrangements in many lines of work. On the morning of the draw a whole bunch of sellers appear on the side of the Chonburi bypass waving at the passing vehicles in desperation. As you say there are some that do not lose anything, my sister in law being one of them, she seems to do very well from selling tickets.

Just checked it out again this morning with seller at tesco lotus. I asked how it works. She buys 200 tickets per draw so on the 1st of each months she goes to office and buys 200 for 16th and 200 for 1st next month

Wouldnt tell me how much she pays per ticket. Now if she sells the 200 she can go back for more. If she only sells 150 ish for 16th and 150ish for 1st she can take those tickets not sold back to office, the ones not sold for the 16th have to be back at office on the 16th 1 hr before draw same with the ones on 1st,and gets a refund come credit note for them which she uses with cash to buy next lot.

The people you see waving them around buy from one main dealer who buys them at office at a set price makes a killing selling them on to old ma and pa who cannot give unsold tickets back to dealer. Thats her take on it anyway.

On 8/19/2017 at 5:41 PM, Boycie said:

Be careful!! I had a couple of winning tickets a few draws back and when going to http://www.glo.or.th and selecting English language and entering the ticket numbers into the prize checker it came back as no prize rewarded. In Thai language the tickets were winners. Error with their system or i think they just not want farang to win?

I doubt it since it is a Thai language site to start with. Don't select the English version then if you are so skeptical.  Pull up the pdf file and recheck your numbers.