Government Lotto, a mystery to me. Please explain.....

flipper2222222

can anyone on this forum give me a Lotto 101 summary? I've asked my wife but after telling me the last 3 numbers are important she was scant on any other details.

Where to buy?

how do you win?

What are the prizes?

Can Foreigners buy tickets and claim prizes?

How often are draws?

How do know the tickets you are buying are legit?

what is the cost of the tickets?

Where do the proceeds of sales go to? Seller, charity? all to the gov?

I am I missing anything else on this topic?

looking forward to your answers. thanks in advance 

1. Any outlets or Street sellers

2.by matching all or some of the numbers on your ticket on the day of that draw.

3. 3 mill per ticket so if you bought one you would win 6 mill as they are bought as two top prize then down for 3/2 numbers ect.

4.yes.

5. 2 x a month usualy 1st and 16th.

6. most are but never buy from a seller comming into bars (only passing on what i was told)

7. Officially 80bht per two tckets (they are same numbered ticket . But can be up to 100bht for so called lucky tickets!

8.no idea

9.like what? 

I buy from tesco lotus vendor usualy buy two tickets all same numbers so if and WHEN i win i will get 12 mill

Pic of one ticket.

Then of course you have the unofficial one which i wont go into.img_lot1.gif

Edited by jeab1980

Just now, gummy said:

I keep asking this but where is the official confirmation that this is the case ?

Official dont know mrs is reading about it in thai social media. She also looked on lotto web site and she says ots 6 mill same as befire but just one ticket. Its being done to stop counterfeiting of tickets and to save money on printing tickets apparently. Will be interesting to see if the double tickets are still touted for 1st sept and if so will they be legal?

26 minutes ago, Mrjlh said:

www.glo.or.th

Enter your numbers you'll get a result.  Open the pdf file and you'll see all the winning numbers.

Be careful!! I had a couple of winning tickets a few draws back and when going to http://www.glo.or.th and selecting English language and entering the ticket numbers into the prize checker it came back as no prize rewarded. In Thai language the tickets were winners. Error with their system or i think they just not want farang to win?

hello, maybe the lottery experts can tell me why all thai people like to buy this xxxxx12  number. last digits 12.

I am buying this number many years but now all the vendors are sold out very very fast.  very hard to get. but maybe only here in korat

thanks

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Be careful!! I had a couple of winning tickets a few draws back and when going to http://www.glo.or.th and selecting English language and entering the ticket numbers into the prize checker it came back as no prize rewarded. In Thai language the tickets were winners. Error with their system or i think they just not want farang to win?

Not at all. Just check the numbers on there FB site

3 minutes ago, uli65 said:

hello, maybe the lottery experts can tell me why all thai people like to buy this xxxxx12  number. last digits 12.

I am buying this number many years but now all the vendors are sold out very very fast.  very hard to get. but maybe only here in korat

thanks

Lucky numbers

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

IF this is true, its really F*cked up - but again nothing surprises me about LOS anymore..

1 hour ago, Mansell said:

I asked girlfriend where you go for big prize claim, and she said the bank.....which one I have no idea, but when I win I will figure it out real fast. 555

You can go direct to the Lottery Office, I won 100,000 baht last year, they gave me 20K cash and 78K check - they kept 2K for taxes........I deposited the check in my acct and was credited immediately.  Years ago you used to be able to go to any bank and cash in your rtickets, but I don't think that is allowed anymore, there are also vendors in Klong Toi waterfront that will cash in your tickets for a charge............

In regards to where the money goes the vendors don't get all that much. And the cost to them actually changes quite a lot. 

Depending on the previous period ie: huge jackpot, and predicted sales due to those different market forces the vendor can pay anywhere from 74thb+ per ticket. It's purely a volume business model.  

Add in travel costs and selling costs there's super slim margins. 

Furthermore the vendors pre-buy the tickets so if they don't sell their entire allocation they wear the costs of the unsold tickets. 

12 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Official dont know mrs is reading about it in thai social media. She also looked on lotto web site and she says ots 6 mill same as befire but just one ticket. Its being done to stop counterfeiting of tickets and to save money on printing tickets apparently. Will be interesting to see if the double tickets are still touted for 1st sept and if so will they be legal?

Some old style tickets we saw being sold yesterday.  My wife went up to them and asked why and got an extremely rude response. As they were always extremely large vendors of tickets, so she now thinks that perhaps they are peddling forgeries to the unwary.  So be careful. Today we are going past to see if the old double tickets are removed or not from sale.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Some old style tickets we saw being sold yesterday.  My wife went up to them and asked why and got an extremely rude response. As they were always extremely large vendors of tickets, so she now thinks that perhaps they are peddling forgeries to the unwary.  So be careful. Today we are going past to see if the old double tickets are removed or not from sale.

Apparently the tickets are still printed the same way with double image but whereas before the ticket was able to be separated now this can't be done.

Why I don't know

11 hours ago, uli65 said:

thanks

It is very popular in August as that is the new King's mothers birth date. It is also mothers day in Thailand

I won 2000 on the last draw and 20000 a couple of months ago.  I use this app to check the numbers. It's in Thai but I'm only checking numbers. If you have a winning ticket, it displays the amount won. The app also reminds you 20 minutes before the drawing starts.

I know someone said foreigners can collect winning. yes the vendors will pay you the small wins butI was told quite some time ago that  the lottery office will not pay large wins. Not sure this is still the case..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sanook.lottothai

12 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I won 2000 on the last draw and 20000 a couple of months ago.  I use this app to check the numbers. It's in Thai but I'm only checking numbers. If you have a winning ticket, it displays the amount won. The app also reminds you 20 minutes before the drawing starts.

I know someone said foreigners can collect winning. yes the vendors will pay you the small wins butI was told quite some time ago that  the lottery office will not pay large wins. Not sure this is still the case..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sanook.lottothai

Yes they will no diffrence from thai or foriegners if you win big they pay out