Another car in Klong ???

Gonzo the Face

Anyone catch anything on last nites Thai TV news about another car in the CM Klong again???

I saw this on FB with pictures of a car in the Khlong. From the garbled Google translation it seems that farang guy went in and saved three people. Kudos to him!

1503213841881.jpg.91dea12f5bd94d68154c7a3a2cec8c7a.jpg

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I saw this on FB with pictures of a car in the Khlong. From the garbled Google translation it seems that farang guy went in and saved three people. Kudos to him!

And our hero even got the girl! (Okay, probably had her already, but please don't spoil my narrative.)

7 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

^  Water quality in the moat, especially in the rainy season, is just fine. 

Kids swim in it a lot, they don't go to 'the ram' nearly as much as Farang coffin dodgers.

Kids swim in klongs in Bangkok too, are their activities the benchmark for water quality ?

Next you will be telling us the water quality in the Ping is pristine.The fact is you, and the rest of us, simply dont know

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Kids swim in klongs in Bangkok too, are their activities the benchmark for water quality ?

Next you will be telling us the water quality in the Ping is pristine.The fact is you, and the rest of us, simply dont know

Also fine in the rainy season.

( Avoid the Mae Kha Canal though. ;) ) 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Also fine in the rainy season.

( Avoid the Mae Kha Canal though. ;) ) 

Thank goodness we have a "water borne infections "expert on board.

Being the rainy season I guess then you would be happy to eat fish from the "farmed fish" compounds on the Ping a couple of kms south of the city

After seeing the krap that flows from city gutters  into the Ping  and the  Paded Rd, open drain, aka sewer, that flows unabated  I think I will give them a miss :smile:

I remember while working in Bangkok one of our colleagues ran and jumped onto a departing  long tail water taxi,unfortuantly for him he slipped and went head first into the klong. A few days alter he came out in this terrible rash all over his body and spent a day in Vejthani Hospital.Doctor suggested he not swim in the klong in future It took 10 days for the rash to leave him,totally toxic. Kids still swim there and seemingly without effect, that we know of,must be the immune system kicking in peculier to Asians.