So whats the most expensive thing you have ever bought or are going to buy

I’m careful when it comes to spending but there are times when just splashing out and getting the best you can afford seem to make sense , may be that little expensive luxury that you have been promising your self , or some thing that shouts quality but costs the earth.  I’m not talking property or investment stuff , just that expensive some thing you thought was well worth it .

Personally a Mac Book Pro I consider the best investment I have ever made , and my next expensive purchase will be a genuine leather la-z-boy reclining arm chair . 

So come on and spill the beans  :shock1:   what’s that expensive product you splashed out on , that some thing  you treated your self to ,  that expensive some thing you consider well worth the money you spent. 

And whats you planned next expensive purchase going to be :smile:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m careful when it comes to spending but there are times when just splashing out and getting the best you can afford seem to make sense , may be that little expensive luxury that you have been promising your self , or some thing that shouts quality but costs the earth.  I’m not talking property or investment stuff , just that expensive some thing you thought was well worth it .

Personally a Mac Book Pro I consider the best investment I have ever made , and my next expensive purchase will be a genuine leather la-z-boy reclining arm chair . 

So come on and spill the beans  :shock1:   what’s that expensive product you splashed out on , that some thing  you treated your self to ,  that expensive some thing you consider well worth the money you spent. 

And whats you planned next expensive purchase going to be [emoji2]

Wives don't come cheap

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

You really are trying to provoke, or just want to be jealous

The truth Well 2.5M US in 60 ft twin screw trawler yacht, ten yrs living aboard, luxury, air con twin generators deep freezes ice maker, water maker unlimited supply of fresh water, many many electronic toys radars, autopilots VHF SSB radios sat tv sat telephone, was the owner, the captain, the cook , the engineer and cleaned the vacuum toilets to

Oh forgot the nouvarania 16 ft inflatable on the top deck with hydraulic davit, would go at 30 plus knots

Ten yrs living aboard cruising the world

Beat the various Mercedes sports cars I had earlier

Today living quietly in Issan wife 30 yrs younger, four Alsatian dogs to attend to visitors, and a couple of cancers, prostate and colorectal, generally a happy man, made my own  money spent a lot, four wives yes so far a good life 

Thank you God

PS got 300,000 back on the yacht out of 2,500,000, but oh so much fun and pain as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are talking besides a house or a car, then it would be a diamond ring for the 1st wife or the other diamond ring for the 2nd wife. Somethings need to be done twice to be appreciated or to reflect stupidity.

If you are talking for me personally, then a big screen TV. I always say spend your money where you spend your time. For me, it is nice to have a good home theater setup to enjoy movies and video games.

Does this count, I purchased an original 1969 HK Holden Monaro 327 GTS Bathurst Coupe when I was a tad younger.

Can't remember what I paid for it, but know that I couldn't afford to drive it too often, and took me a while for me to pay it off.

Today it sits in a secure warehouse with other nice cars and bikes and is still in mint condition, last time I checked it, had 32,000 kilometres on the clock.

I am told it is worth a hell of a lot more that what I paid for it back then, but don't need to sell it, so will hold it until I need the $'s which will probably be in my next life 555

Come to think of it, I should have purchased a 351 Ford Falcon GTHO Phase 3, but I was always a Holden fan.

Most expensive and stupid buy: my stepsons funeral.

A 3 day party became an 8 day party.

Local monks invited more monks. In taxis.

I was so overwelmed by grief that I allowed the family (mostly BiL) to have face with my money.

I loved my stepson, he died unexpectedly, before I had the chance to share my money with him.

Lesson learned, but too late.

There, that's off my chest.

:sorry:

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I was so overwelmed by grief that I allowed the family (mostly BiL) to have face with my money.

I loved my stepson, he died unexpectedly, before I had the chance to share my money with him.

so the 8 day mouners took in drink, food and whatever else ...  ? 

14 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Very loving  and caring sharing thank you, sad about your stepson

Similar when my wifes Grandmother died about a month ago, I got caught up in it and so much money wasted, well thats my view, and only my view

the otherside is my wife really wanted it and it made her happy, and amount I contributed not lifestyle threatening

23 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'll give you a couple of hundred bucks if you like ....  :shock1:

Scroll down till you get to HK Monaro GTS 327 Coupe and that's not a Bathurst original, for $200 I could take you for a drive next time I'm in Sydney, or if you like to put 3 more zero's on it, we could start negotiating, although you would still a fair way to go though 555

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/price_guide_holden

I had a Saab 95 and just loved it and decided to step up to the top model, the Saab 95 Aero, so paid cash for it and was "as happy as Larry"..............well for a short while anyway because it turned out to be one of those "Friday afternoon cars" and it was a dog.

The dealer did come to the party (because it was only a couple of months old when everything started to go wrong) and I ended up with an Audi V6 Quattro which looked fabulous, but was about as comfortable as sitting in a wooden chair (especially travelling at 5 km/h in heavy traffic every morning going over the Auckland Harbour Bridge – so a wasted car really!!).

Now, I wouldn't change my little Suzuki Swift for anything (well perhaps a new model when they come out in September!).

13 hours ago, agudbuk said:

Wives don't come cheap

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

So you bought your wife? Is a wife a possession? Or is it your wife is only with you for the money? I've always thought the woman ought to also bring assets to the relationship other than her physical attributes.

13 hours ago, al007 said:

You really are trying to provoke, or just want to be jealous

The truth Well 2.5M US in 60 ft twin screw trawler yacht, ten yrs living aboard, luxury, air con twin generators deep freezes ice maker, water maker unlimited supply of fresh water, many many electronic toys radars, autopilots VHF SSB radios sat tv sat telephone, was the owner, the captain, the cook , the engineer and cleaned the vacuum toilets to

Oh forgot the nouvarania 16 ft inflatable on the top deck with hydraulic davit, would go at 30 plus knots

Ten yrs living aboard cruising the world

Beat the various Mercedes sports cars I had earlier

Today living quietly in Issan wife 30 yrs younger, four Alsatian dogs to attend to visitors, and a couple of cancers, prostate and colorectal, generally a happy man, made my own  money spent a lot, four wives yes so far a good life 

Thank you God

PS got 300,000 back on the yacht out of 2,500,000, but oh so much fun and pain as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got me beat. I suffered through numerous motorcycles, cars, trucks, and boats, but never paid more than $100k for any one of them. However, I have always had plenty of toys, gone to numerous entertainment events, ordered what I wanted at restaurants and bars, lived in a nice house or condo, had nice clothes, took numerous vacations, and generally bought what I wanted whenever I needed it. I like to go through life unconcerned about the right side of the menu.

Archived