So whats the most expensive thing you have ever bought or are going to buy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Got me beat. I suffered through numerous motorcycles, cars, trucks, and boats, but never paid more than $100k for any one of them. However, I have always had plenty of toys, gone to numerous entertainment events, ordered what I wanted at restaurants and bars, lived in a nice house or condo, had nice clothes, took numerous vacations, and generally bought what I wanted whenever I needed it. I like to go through life unconcerned about the right side of the menu.

We have to keep smiling I had a UK number plate at the back of my boat( which in itself was a very beautiful traditional trawler yacht originally built in Taiwan) that said "My Other Toy has Tits", needless to say it upset a few, I was participating in a three month boat rally and was given the ultimatum by some of the older more ugly women, and their under the thumb husbands, take the sign down or leave the rally, I took a refund and left, It was not helped by the fact that my crew consisted of just two very beautiful young ladies, generally in skimpy bikinis, I tried to remind them to put the tops on as well

Keep smiling, like is what we make it

24 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Got me beat. I suffered through numerous motorcycles, cars, trucks, and boats, but never paid more than $100k for any one of them. However, I have always had plenty of toys, gone to numerous entertainment events, ordered what I wanted at restaurants and bars, lived in a nice house or condo, had nice clothes, took numerous vacations, and generally bought what I wanted whenever I needed it. I like to go through life unconcerned about the right side of the menu.

Well done nice to hear, encouragement to others

Scroll down till you get to HK Monaro GTS 327 Coupe and that's not a Bathurst original, for $200 I could take you for a drive next time I'm in Sydney, or if you like to put 3 more zero's on it, we could start negotiating, although you would still a fair way to go though 555

https://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/price_guide_holden

IMG_2818.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Worked my way through ski boats, RV's, Airstream trailer travel, 4x4's, snowmobiles, big bikes, muscle cars, building cars, etc.....Most had at least a way of providing, paying back enjoyment....

The biggest waste of money to me was the horses - 5.....Wife wanted them + of course the property with barns, rings, horse trailers, & a truck to tow with.....There's no easy way being into horses....She got the glamour - I got the work & bills....

One waste/extravagance was a Morgan show horse that pulled a cart - needed training + show carts....Had to have a special handler for the shows & for pre-show training/readiness...Too little to ride - only good for pulling this cart.....Entering in different shows, meeting the type of people that liked to do/swim in those circles..... Wasn't my thing & bled money....

I did enjoy riding off into the mountains on my horse the my .357 saddle gun (Marlin) .357 (Dan Wesson) sidearm (grisled bear, mountain lion country, wolves & wild dogs about) with my faithful English Mastiff, "Magnum" trailing along.....Had 247,000 BLM free access acres across from our place & could ride or 4x4 for hundreds of miles....

All (mostly) good times along the way.....

images-17.jpg

15 hours ago, al007 said:

You really are trying to provoke, or just want to be jealous

The truth Well 2.5M US in 60 ft twin screw trawler yacht, ten yrs living aboard, luxury, air con twin generators deep freezes ice maker, water maker unlimited supply of fresh water, many many electronic toys radars, autopilots VHF SSB radios sat tv sat telephone, was the owner, the captain, the cook , the engineer and cleaned the vacuum toilets to

Oh forgot the nouvarania 16 ft inflatable on the top deck with hydraulic davit, would go at 30 plus knots

Ten yrs living aboard cruising the world

Beat the various Mercedes sports cars I had earlier

Today living quietly in Issan wife 30 yrs younger, four Alsatian dogs to attend to visitors, and a couple of cancers, prostate and colorectal, generally a happy man, made my own  money spent a lot, four wives yes so far a good life 

Thank you God

PS got 300,000 back on the yacht out of 2,500,000, but oh so much fun and pain as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am interested to know where exactly in Isaan did your yacht run aground?

2 hours ago, al007 said:

We have to keep smiling I had a UK number plate at the back of my boat( which in itself was a very beautiful traditional trawler yacht originally built in Taiwan) that said "My Other Toy has Tits", needless to say it upset a few, I was participating in a three month boat rally and was given the ultimatum by some of the older more ugly women, and their under the thumb husbands, take the sign down or leave the rally, I took a refund and left, It was not helped by the fact that my crew consisted of just two very beautiful young ladies, generally in skimpy bikinis, I tried to remind them to put the tops on as well

Keep smiling, like is what we make it

Too many people have problems making a good life for themselves; it seems hard work does not always do it.

2 hours ago, al007 said:

Maybe Cuba, very beautiful been there many times

Tell us more, or are you Richard Branson in the other world

Doesn't have to be, there are still islands in the PI which can be had for a few thousand dollars.

16 hours ago, agudbuk said:

Wives don't come cheap
Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

That was exactly, what I expected to see as first post, after having read the headline question – however presumed a "Thai" would be in front, but wives are said to be an expensive investment everywhere...:crying:

Otherwise, the most expensive thing I ever bought or invested in, was my dream-house in Thailand – I've never been married, so the price of real estate raised little by every shift – so by now I cannot afford a wife also, so I need to settle with the slightly cheaper solution, a Thai girlfriend... :sad:

–which may not be that bad a solution, after all...:smile:

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

I am interested to know where exactly in Isaan did your yacht run aground?

Very good, vessel aground a couple of years before getting here and again an interesting and not quiet path

I was the shipwrecked sailor, escaped with my life, and from the bitch from Hell in southern Israel, Russian Israeli Jewish, no prejudice just facts

I wound up washed  up in Issan, full recovery , has been made, never been so happy married nearly 10 yrs to wife no 4, and four loving Alsatians to greet the guests

Am working on the book

Ten yrs ago wife no 3 after 18mths of marriage took 1.0m US well almost, happy to see on April 15 2017 her birthday 62 she was reported bankrupt in Denver Colorado, I wrote to the trustee in bankruptcy and lodged a claim also asked him if she had declared her property interests in Israel

What goes around comes around

Relatively speaking anything I purchased that I never used are collectively the most expensive thing(s) I've bought.

That now consists of a plethora of junk collecting dust that was once a hobby of mine.... that I never used and never will.  

Excluding property:

1/ A meal at a London restaurant which cost 250 pounds. Vegetables were overcooked, I could have done the steak better myself. How British chefs achieved a world reputation is somewhat beyond my ability to comprehend.

2/ An Australian share called Sundowner, recommended by a stockbroker. By the time I got out, the share was one-tenth of its float price and I lost about $19,000. That was my lesson in not trusting anyone in the financial industry.

3/ A 2004 Mitsubishi Magna AWD, which cost $40,000 back then. Best car I have ever driven, the all-wheel drive meant it would grip a wet road like a cat. Had a lot of fun with it tormenting muscle cars at roundabouts. It's still going strong at 250,000 km, my son is driving it now.

17 hours ago, al007 said:

You really are trying to provoke, or just want to be jealous

The truth Well 2.5M US in 60 ft twin screw trawler yacht, ten yrs living aboard, luxury, air con twin generators deep freezes ice maker, water maker unlimited supply of fresh water, many many electronic toys radars, autopilots VHF SSB radios sat tv sat telephone, was the owner, the captain, the cook , the engineer and cleaned the vacuum toilets to

Oh forgot the nouvarania 16 ft inflatable on the top deck with hydraulic davit, would go at 30 plus knots

Ten yrs living aboard cruising the world

Beat the various Mercedes sports cars I had earlier

Today living quietly in Issan wife 30 yrs younger, four Alsatian dogs to attend to visitors, and a couple of cancers, prostate and colorectal, generally a happy man, made my own  money spent a lot, four wives yes so far a good life 

Thank you God

PS got 300,000 back on the yacht out of 2,500,000, but oh so much fun and pain as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, its true when they say  "A Boat is a hole in the water within which one throws money" ??  Actually I am jealous, see my epitath.

Suppose it must be my Pontiac  if l added stuff up over 20+ years, but l would do it again given the chance....Oh forgot, a pratt did take me to court which did cost a lot, thankfully l won and it cost him zillions, but the lead up did cost....Oh well... 

I started work at the tender age of 15, I struggled through most of my adult life to have to coins to rub together due to low paid Military service, I finally started to get my shit together in my early 40's, nothing special, just a regular well paid job with a decent pension scheme, they asked for voluntary redundancies I offered, they accepted, so at 58 they gave me a bunch of money and a pension, I sold my house and moved here, at the age of 60 years I bought my first brand new, never been owned by anyone else car, a Fortuner, although that is irrelevant, I paid cash.

That was my proudest moment ever, I rent my house, I'm easy with that, I have the greatest girlfriend ever, we have fun together and have done some crazy stuff in the last 6 years, with more to come :smile:

So the best thing I ever bought.............................................................A one way ticket to Thailand. :whistling:   

4 hours ago, smotherb said:

So you bought your wife? Is a wife a possession? Or is it your wife is only with you for the money? I've always thought the woman ought to also bring assets to the relationship other than her physical attributes.

We all buy our wives in one way or another, starting with the first date all the way thru the divorce, or death whichever comes first.............as soon as men realize this the easier it is to enjoy marraige.

"Yes Ma'am Yes Ma'am Three Bags Full, and if I don't happen to have enough wool for those bags, I'll sell some stock."

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Bought my ex wife a divorce. Bloomin expensive but worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Yeah, the 600k USD I spent on the divorce was the best money I ever spent!

10 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

We all buy our wives in one way or another, starting with the first date all the way thru the divorce, or death whichever comes first.............as soon as men realize this the easier it is to enjoy marraige.

"Yes Ma'am Yes Ma'am Three Bags Full, and if I don't happen to have enough wool for those bags, I'll sell some stock."

Would love to hear from your ex's....:stoner:

Archived