Car blue Book.

Is it possible to get a vehicle (car not motorbike) replacement Blue Book  outside the Province from where the car/vehicle was bought?

Any suggestions as to the process outside a  "drawn and quartered" kind of thing?    smile.gif     

I'm OK to prostrate myself and pay fees but what else do I face?     

Based on my BIL trying to do the same thing in Krabi. The answer is no had to come back to KK to get a replacement blue book.(province of registration). He tried to get it re registered there  after they said no to replacement no chance without blue book. This was about 4 months ago.

11 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Based on my BIL trying to do the same thing in Krabi. The answer is no had to come back to KK to get a replacement blue book.(province of registration). He tried to get it re registered there  after they said no to replacement no chance without blue book. This was about 4 months ago.

Add on just talked to him he went back and spoke to an official at DTO the lady at the front desk got it wrong and He got one from Krabi in the end (i say got one he is still waiting for it to be sent to him)

Went to police stn reported it lost got paperwork from them. Went to DTO there again explained it was lost and registered in another province. As its computerised now they can get the book re issued. However as stated be prepared for a wait. 3 months now and counting. 

Thanks for the reply Jeab1980.

When you mention BIL are your referring to a Thai brother-in-law?

The goofy thing to me is that without the Blue Book  car insurance can't be purchased so in essence it forces a person to become one of the millions driving  on the road without insurance.

It took  me 40 days to get the license plate   so I'm not surprised at a delay to process a blue book.

I even seem to recall  the lady processing the  plate request was using a computer.

But in the end, I gather a blue book replacement can be done outside the province of  purchase.

Yes?

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

Thanks for the reply Jeab1980.

When you mention BIL are your referring to a Thai brother-in-law?

The goofy thing to me is that without the Blue Book  car insurance can't be purchased so in essence it forces a person to become one of the millions driving  on the road without insurance.

It took  me 40 days to get the license plate   so I'm not surprised at a delay to process a blue book.

I even seem to recall  the lady processing the  plate request was using a computer.

But in the end, I gather a blue book replacement can be done outside the province of  purchase.

Yes?

Yes he is Thai. As far as i and he knows he will get the replacement book in time. As regards tax if lossing blue book. It can be done using the police report of lost book. Its then updated in book when you recive it. So he says?

Archived