Installation of rear shocks/struts for Nissan March?

mlmcleod

I bought a used Nissan March a while back.  I love everything about the car except the rough ride.  The problem seems to stem from beaten down rear shocks/struts.  My question is where in Pattaya can I find a reliable mechanic to replace them if I provide the parts?  The local Nissan dealership is outrageously expensive for all auto service.  I see auto repair shops everywhere in Pattaya but I want a recommendation from someone who knows!  This is a simple replacement job but I have heard that there are always parts left over at most Pattaya auto repair shops.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, emilymat said:

Do it yourself if you have the parts. Just need a spring compressor.

I'm not familiar with the car in question, but just about spring compressor- not needed. I just put lots of weight on the car and then wrap it in several turns of wire before taking the weight off. However, if it's in anyway complicated, perhaps a non mechanic should pay someone else to do it. Springs are capable of causing a lot of damage.

19 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Rear shocks are about 900b each, no need for spring compressors.

Edit; 890 at B-quick.

http://www.b-quik.com/en/product/shock-absorber/detail/Rear-Shock-Absorberง-NISSAN-MARCH

Thanks. I didn't know that. I have a 1999 Toyota and was considering replacing shocks - but found out they had been done prior to me buying it!. The thing was, I went on YouTube for video's and all of them showed the use of compression tool.

I guess things have moved on!. I have not even got power steering, power windows or a clock  - but have got used to it. The car is purring at 240,000 km.   :smile:

Thanks for all the suggestions!  I had the shocks changed at B-Quik.  The price was equivalent to what I found for the parts alone.  I also got a 1 year warranty for what that is worth in Thailand!:smile:

Archived