PM wants elevated rail tracks to go through Korat’s township

webfact

1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

For the third time, this is part of the SRT's long-running meter-gauge track-doubling projects, and nothing at all to do with the Chinese-Thailand medium-speed heavy-freight line.  The following new thread today makes this even clearer  ...

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/998434-go-ahead-for-nakon-ratchasima-rail-elevation-project/

And the new/existing power-generation for the new Chinese line will still generate extra pollution, just not along-the-line, like the deisel-locomotives used on the existing SRT-network.

Oh I see, the first stage in the Chinese one is the high speed to Korat line.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Oh I see, the first stage in the Chinese one is the high speed to Korat line.

Yes, the standard-gauge medium-speed heavy-freight line from Bangkok (the new national-terminal North of Bangkok) to Khorat, is the first-stage of the China-Thailand line, not-yet-funded & construction not-yet-started, apart from a flag-planting ceremony last year.

But this thread is talking about the SRT double-track metre-gauge work, from Jira Junction to Khorat, contract awarded a couple of years ago.

Two different things, as I've been trying to point out, with links ! :wai:

1 hour ago, Dave67 said:

I had the misfortune to work in the backwaters of China building the High speed railway Wuhan - Guangzhou . X'ian - Zhengzhou. I wondered why people just walked into the road without looking with cars swerving all over the place. When I found out the law was if a car hits a pedestrian it always the car drivers fault and had to pay compensation

The link below what that this law has caused

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html

I cannot see the connection between, or the relevance of, this article and the topic under discussion.

I have also come across 'double hit' stories in a number of countries, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt and, of course Thailand!

9 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I cannot see the connection between, or the relevance of, this article and the topic under discussion.

I have also come across 'double hit' stories in a number of countries, including Saudi Arabia, Egypt and, of course Thailand!

Fair enough, but if you by per Vehicle and not by population China has a 30% higher death toll than Thailand

Edited by Dave67

19 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Honestly I can't see why people seem content for Thailand to stagnate while other countries surrounding it embrace the future.  And this is really a Chinese project, they offered to pay for the whole thing but Thailand wanted to do it their way, the idea was to link up the world with high speed non polluting trains to replace all the polluting cars, buses, diesel trains, planes and boats, how could anyone not see why everywhere needs non polluting transport?

that i not quite right obviously. Even the high speed train would run by electricity it is quite evident that it can't be a substitute for buses aso because the ticket will be expensive. And a substitute for cars of course never.

35 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

that i not quite right obviously. Even the high speed train would run by electricity it is quite evident that it can't be a substitute for buses aso because the ticket will be expensive. And a substitute for cars of course never.

Replace many of them then, if that satisfies your pedantic lust.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Replace many of them then, if that satisfies your pedantic lust.

this has nothing to do with pedantry.

Nonsense is simply nonsense to speak frankly.

But as a newbie you have still to learn. Don't worry.

6 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

this has nothing to do with pedantry.

Nonsense is simply nonsense to speak frankly.

But as a newbie you have still to learn. Don't worry.

Oh it really does, electric trains remove much pollution, your initial comment was pedantic.  These trains will also remove many buses and cars from the roads, again your comment regarding this was pedantic. You may have noticed the quantity of buses and cars going between Korat and Bangkok, the whole idea is to give these commuters a different option, or did you think they were going to be entirely new people who currently sit at home all day dreaming of traveling by high speed train?

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Oh it really does, electric trains remove much pollution, your initial comment was pedantic.  These trains will also remove many buses and cars from the roads, again your comment regarding this was pedantic. You may have noticed the quantity of buses and cars going between Korat and Bangkok, the whole idea is to give these commuters a different option, or did you think they were going to be entirely new people who currently sit at home all day dreaming of traveling by high speed train?

We should stop this conversation:

If you can't read I cannot help: IT IS NOT AN ELECTRIC TRAIN, just diesel as before! Much more pollution because bigger engine, more power, more dirt.

Good night. Ginkgo is good for better brain activity actually.

3 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

We should stop this conversation:

If you can't read I cannot help: IT IS NOT AN ELECTRIC TRAIN, just diesel as before! Much more pollution because bigger engine, more power, more dirt.

Good night. Ginkgo is good for better brain activity actually.

"Even the high speed train would run by electricity"

Sorry, I can read, it is just that your poor grammar leaves a level of ambiguity that no one could be assumed capable of understanding, I took your statement as being a comment on the level of pollution that electricity produces rather then as you arrogantly assumed it would be interpreted, which I now have had to work out through your impatience and insults, perhaps it is you who needs that ginkgo.

Anyway, I actually read the statement that this article is referencing, in which the professor said, “When technology is shared with universities, (including Khon Kaen) this would lead to further progress in research on electric train technology in Thailand,”. I took that to mean that the Chinese engineers would be here to build electric trains, but maybe that was actually just about the coming mass rail transport in Khon Kaen.

And bigger engines don't actually mean more dirt when they are big new engines replacing smaller old engines, that is simply nonsense, cheers for all the irony though.

Well, I am somewhat pleased to note that I'm not the only one who agrees with PM on this issue.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30324593

And I'm sure there are many residents of the area of Korat affected by this projected are pleased too.

A good railway system is a valuable asset to any country and Thailand can only benefit from this and other projects. (I am a railway buff myself, so I am somewhat biased)