NGO sorry over CNN sex trafficking report

geovalin

Agape International Mission yesterday formally apologised to Cambodian women and the government over its involvement in a CNN video documentary on human trafficking. The apology was made after the Ministry of Interior concluded its investigation into AIM, which provided information to ABC and CNN that some young Cambodian girls were sexually exploited by their mothers, and sent a report to Prime Minister Hun Sen for approval. 

At the AIM office in Svay Pak commune yesterday, co-founder Don Brewster said that over the past 13 years, he and his family have fought against sex trafficking in Cambodia and provided humanitarian aid. “For this reason, I would like to express my deep sorrow for any harm inflicted on Cambodia and its people as a result of the CNN broadcast,” Mr Brewster said. “For this, I offer my heartfelt apology.”

“I have also written His Excellency Prime Minister Hun Sen a letter of apology,” he added. The recent CNN documentary re-interviewed girls from a previous project by the station, showing their current situation compared to their past one.

READ MORE http://www.khmertimeskh.com/5079237/ngo-sorry-cnn-sex-trafficking-report/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 22/08

" co-founder Don Brewster said that over the past 13 years, he and his family have fought against sex trafficking in Cambodia and provided humanitarian aid."

And pocketed quite a bit in donations as well I imagine. I wonder what his annual salary is?  These NGO's have agenda alright, mire about money than help I suspect

CNN should apologise for not checking the 'facts'. Accurately quoting the source and not challenging such claims is not good enough. These 'facts', once in print or on tape, are cited by others to advance their agenda.

Edited by Mac98
Spelling error

Did you #2 and 3 commenters actually see the documentary? if you did your comments might have been different.

Enthic Vietnamese! as it would matter child abuse is child abuse,,,,shame on you,Cambodian government for denying what is going on.....