Yaba pills in car boot - feels like a trap to frame my wife

vaicrazy

A few days back, my wife called me and informed me that she had been arrested by police.  While driving, she was stopped by the police.  The police told her that someone reported that the car had drugs.   True enough, during the check, 5 yaba pills were found in the car boot.   

She is not a drug user or sell of drugs.  She had no knowledge of the pills in the car boot.  There was  no traces of fingerprints on the pill bag.  There was no traces of drug in her urine.  Nothing to suggest any wrongdoing from her except for the fact that the drug was found in her car.        

This feels like a scheme or trap to frame my wife and get her into trouble.   Disappointed that people can resort to such degrading actions.    

This has been very tough times for our family.  She is now out on bail, but the engagement of lawyer to represent her case is extremely challenging for the family.  

Not sure if justice can prevails at end of the day.  

Ouups, bad news. Have you asked your wife to whom she has given rides in her car lately? Maybe a passenger that does not like your wife?
If "suspects" can be isolated, perhaps the cops may want to raid the "suspects" homes/cars. They may hit "pay-dirt", taking (some) pressure off your wife.
Cheers.

Yeah, I smell a rat here.  If this is even a real story by Mr. Only-One-Post (and that's a huge "if") OP, how certain can one be of what one's wife, or possibly her close friends or relatives, do in their spare time?  A former Thai girlfriend of mine's sister with a history of, er, bad choices, went to jail for 8 years for dealing yaba, and everyone in the family still swears up and down they--and she--have no idea how those pills came into her possession...

16 hours ago, vaicrazy said:

The police told her that someone reported that the car had drugs

17 hours ago, vaicrazy said:

during the check, 5 yaba pills were found in the car boot.

Not a random stop and search then and 5 yaa baa pills located in the closed  boot.

A certain "someone" whom is the police informant has to top the list of being the suspect plant.

Would suggest you save money on the lawyer and direct it to BIB to pursue that line of enquiry, if possible.
This "someone" being friend, neighbour or family member who had access to the boot really needs to unearthed.

17 hours ago, swissie said:

Ouups, bad news. Have you asked your wife to whom she has given rides in her car lately? Maybe a passenger that does not like your wife?
If "suspects" can be isolated, perhaps the cops may want to raid the "suspects" homes/cars. They may hit "pay-dirt", taking (some) pressure off your wife.
Cheers.

It doesn't have to be passengers, they may not get a chance to enter the trunk unless shopping or traveling. Anywhere she leaves her car unlocked allows access to the trunk--at home, at friend's houses, even at service stations are likely places.

12 hours ago, Chou Anou said:

Yeah, I smell a rat here.  If this is even a real story by Mr. Only-One-Post (and that's a huge "if") OP, how certain can one be of what one's wife, or possibly her close friends or relatives, do in their spare time?  A former Thai girlfriend of mine's sister with a history of, er, bad choices, went to jail for 8 years for dealing yaba, and everyone in the family still swears up and down they--and she--have no idea how those pills came into her possession...

While it's true some Thai women do use drugs, do get caught, do go to jail and do deny their  involvement; it is not necessarily true here, if indeed she was clean in a drug screen.

8 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Not a random stop and search then and 5 yaa baa pills located in the closed  boot.

A certain "someone" whom is the police informant has to top the list of being the suspect plant.

Would suggest you save money on the lawyer and direct it to BIB to pursue that line of enquiry, if possible.
This "someone" being friend, neighbour or family member who had access to the boot really needs to unearthed.

Well, if they were planted, it was a low-budget plant and at least they cannot get her for dealing. Police may not like her too. So prospective planters should be thought through.

56 minutes ago, ICECOOL said:

I am surprised nobody has suģgested a plant by the BIB

Has the BIB ever planted drugs on you?  Or anyone you know personally?  No and no for me.  But I too have "heard stories."  Have heard the same back in the USA...among other places.

50 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Has the BIB ever planted drugs on you?  Or anyone you know personally?  No and no for me.  But I too have "heard stories."  Have heard the same back in the USA...among other places.

The BIB catch plenty with 100's of kilos of yaba and ice, can't see them going to the bother to plant 5 pills on someone, unless there was some kind of payback involved.

There is definitely missing information here. Maybe the wife is/was a secret user. Those who indulge in drugs NEVER admit to it.....deny, deny, deny!

Maybe she pissed off a secret lover!

Five pills indicates a user, not a reseller or mule. And if the police stopped her, what cause did they have to do a search (yes, I know this is Thailand).

There is definitely more to this story, much more. 

Can't the police check the phone number from the person who called and informed they? 

This can be also the person who placed it there. Otherwise why she/he know it?

It cannot be so difficult for the police to check from what no. they was called.

5 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, if they were planted, it was a low-budget plant and at least they cannot get her for dealing. Police may not like her too. So prospective planters should be thought through.

Someone told them she has a falang hubby who has some money

3 hours ago, snowgard said:

Can't the police check the phone number from the person who called and informed they? 

This can be also the person who placed it there. Otherwise why she/he know it?

It cannot be so difficult for the police to check from what no. they was called.

True, but that would take some investigation logic on the BIB part and could run dry if it was a pay or throw-away phone.

On 8/22/2017 at 2:02 PM, vaicrazy said:

The police told her that someone reported that the car had drugs.   True enough, during the check, 5 yaba pills were found in the car boot.   

I hope I am wrong but police in your town up to no good, as for current case hopefully she will be acquitted due to her negative urine test.

I can recommend another choice where you go with your wife and let her confront police chief with the following;

1- If police was informed about drugs on your wife's car, then how come her urine drug test was negative? Which proves your wife does not use drugs.+

2- Your wife is entitled to hear some real answers or at least pull the case off.

Remember: As one is drug free no police on earth would even treat such harsh,unfair and cruel punishment without reason of doubt which does not exists on you both?

• 2 weeks later...

A really annoying and disappointing situation we have.  

She had problems with someone before the incident.  However it was highly unlikely that the police will reveal / investigate the informer.  Not easy to prove innocence as people can also say that she made use of others to handle the pills, even though she was clean.    

Anyway, not many options left...real ass luck.     

no longer my Land of Smiles.    

• 3 weeks later...

For this case, we managed to sort our the issue with the traditional method with the usual people benefiting from victims.  

Unfortunately,  there is really someone out to get my wife and son.  Within one week, wife was arrested again for 11 pills found in house back yard.   This time, she gave up fighting and wasting money and just accept the 14 months jail term.  

She said that she saw three young men entering the back yard.   What I dont understand is her non-action and lack of urgency to check; awaiting for the police to come knocking.  

We paid a damn heavy price and everyone is in agony.  Very disappointed with such society really (sic)

43 minutes ago, vaicrazy said:

For this case, we managed to sort our the issue with the traditional method with the usual people benefiting from victims.  

Unfortunately,  there is really someone out to get my wife and son.  Within one week, wife was arrested again for 11 pills found in house back yard.   This time, she gave up fighting and wasting money and just accept the 14 months jail term.  

She said that she saw three young men entering the back yard.   What I dont understand is her non-action and lack of urgency to check; awaiting for the police to come knocking.  

We paid a damn heavy price and everyone is in agony.  Very disappointed with such society really (sic)

Sorry to say but there is something missing here. No one does 14 months jail term for nothing  

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Archived