Air pollution in Kunming?

rudi49jr

Does anyone have reliable info/stats about air pollution in Kunming? I'm asking because I hear and read conflicting things. On the one hand I read that Kunming is one of the cleanest cities in China, without a lot of air pollution, but on the other hand I hear stories about smog in Kunming. So which one is true? Any information would be highly appreciated. Thanks! 

This is thailand son you best get on the China TV app but get a gas mask just to be sure. 

Best way to measure Chinese pollution is to stick your nose in a China man's rear end and check his passport for city of birth. If it sMells like yesterday's dogs dinner it's definitely not a winner.

Just pretend to faint on a train and aim low nose first. Get back to us wirh results. 6 subjects minimal. Buy tissues and soy sauce if it's a dry day just slip right up his crack. 

Good luck

Not been there for 5 years but no pollution then, very little factories or manufacturing. Spoke to people since who have been there and pollution was never mentioned, as is so often the case with other Chinese cities.

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

here's a link to real-time air pollution monitors in kunming

http://aqicn.org/city/kunming/

Thanks! I know that website already, but am not sure if it's supplied with government figures. Apparently those figures are consistently only half of the 'real' figures. So the PM 2,5 level that this website states for today (61) may actually be double that, over 120. Which is quite a difference.

Edited by rudi49jr