Advice: change single entry tourist visa to multi

Hi guys, I stay in BKK with an single entry tourist visa. Can I change it at Lak Si Immigration office to an multible entry? During my stay now have to visit Cambodia & Vietnam. If I leave Thailand now I would need a new visa - so it would be usefull if I could change it to a multible entry before travel. Is it possible? How to do? Any advice?

Thanks

It is not possible to change the visa to a multiple entry anywhere.

You could get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 60 day entry from you visa valid when you re-enter the country. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht and a multiple is 3800 baht.

• Thanks 1

A Multiple-Entry Tourist Visa (METV), which can be applied for in your own country only (with the possible exception of Australia) grants you a new 60-days each time you enter until its "Enter Before" expiry date.

You can get a single or multi re-entry permit for your single-entry Tourist-Visa, but this is not at all the same.  When you use a re-entry permit, you do not gain any days - and do not get a new 60-days upon entry.  So, if the current 'permitted stay until' date were September 28 2017, and you go to another country, stay for a week and return using a re-entry permit, your new 'permitted stay until' date would remain September 28 2017.

50 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

can you get a re-entry permit at any local immigration office??

For a tourist visa entry a re-entry permit permit can be obtained at any immigration office if you have a local address to put on the application form. It can also be obtained at either airport in Bangkok or at some border crossing on departure from the country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1