Phuket Meteorological Dept confirms rain to continue, no floods likely

rooster59

Phuket Meteorological Dept confirms rain to continue, no floods likely 

Shela Riva

1503742501_1-org.jpg

Phuket Meteorological Dept confirms rain to continue, but no floods likely. Photo: Screengrab

PHUKET: Heavy rain is forecast throughout this weekend and into Monday (Aug 26-27), an official from the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) has confirmed, following periodic heavy rain today (Aug 26).

“Heavy rain is forecast tonight, tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday, in periodic bursts. However not to the extent of any flooding,” an unnamed official from the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) confirmed to The Phuket News today.

“Since about 8am this morning, rainfall has measured 20 millimetres at Phuket International Airport,” said the official.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-meteorological-dept-confirms-rain-to-continue-no-floods-likely-63627.php#W8gsQJXd3bFTKwe6.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-08-26

12 hours ago, rooster59 said:

“Heavy rain is forecast tonight, tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday, in periodic bursts. However not to the extent of any flooding,” an unnamed official from the Thai Meteorological Department (TMD) confirmed to The Phuket News today.

The unnamed person forgot the tag:

Sent from a rooftop via my i-Phone with a borrowed sim card.

I should have known better: after a message from TMD 'no floods' floods can be expected. So damned, why did I not put the sandbags in front of the shop last night, because there was some flooding this morning.