Meechai clarifies Yingluck’s legal position, politicians mull fallout

rooster59

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

When dealing with red supporters the RTA has learned a lot since 2010 when they initially confronted them in riot control gear and finding out their opponents were much more heavily armed. I believe they lost 4 or 5 killed that night, including a colonel.

Fake news? "Propensity to" is not a claim they were armed, just something to be prepared for.

Juntas in undemocratic countries are always 'prepared' that I grant you.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

But the paid goons  could well be (armed) as has been demonstrated  previously.

Last week we had a whip-round for the lads to go. Three close villages sent 3 guys each in two pick-ups. I have spoken to one of them about 30 minutes ago. There were no weapons of any sort in the pick-ups. They were stopped three times on their way to BKK. On each occasion they, and the pick-up, were searched. Their fear was weapons being planted when they were ushered away from their vehicle. But they were OK in this regard.

One of the guys from the other village was at the 'red-shirt' gathering in BKK. He did not see, or know of, any supporters carrying weapons.

One of the problems the red-shirts were always aware of was infiltrators. The supporters tended to keep into groups of people they knew.

Edited by owl sees all
added more content

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Last week we had a whip-round for the lads to go. Three close villages sent 3 guys each in two pick-ups. I have spoken to one of them about 30 minutes ago. There were no weapons of any sort in the pick-ups. They were stopped three times on their way to BKK. On each occasion they, and the pick-up, were searched. Their fear was weapons being planted when they were ushered away from their vehicle. But they were OK in this regard.

One of the guys from the other village was at the 'red-shirt' gathering in BKK. He did not see, or know of, any supporters carrying weapons.

One of the problems the red-shirts were always aware of was infiltrators. The supporters tended to keep into groups of people they knew.

Well that was a waste of money wasn't it. How did they feel, standing around looking stupid, in support of their great leader who lied to them again and took a hike. Oh, that's right, she was looking out for their welfare because those armed security forces might have shot them just for being there.

BTW if the "protesters" coming to BKK in 2010 had been disarmed on their way, quite a few people might still be alive. They could have taken their bottles they were urged to bring as well.