Whereabouts of former Thai PM Yingluck unknown, defence minister says

webfact

12 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

A fair point but I'm not so sure. He wouldn't be the first intellectually-challenged person in history to rise to the top of the heap. Or, perhaps he isn't actually as dumb as he sounds,  just has problems expressing himself coherently.  Maybe that's why he's uses the medium of poetry to convey his sentiments.  He clearly is not comfortable in front a media scrum.  He seemed more comfortable when he was chatting with the frog mind despite the media presence.

So a bad tempered and slightly eccentric autocrat who is too used to having everything his own way?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, baboon said:

So a bad tempered and slightly eccentric autocrat who is too used to having everything his own way?

I'd say that's a fair assessment.  It would certainly explain how he seems so out of touch with reality with some of the stuff he comes out with.  Here's a few examples but if memory serves me right, these are just the tip of the iceberg.  http://www.eastbysoutheast.com/the-best-of-thailands-pm-prayuth-chan-ocha-a-true-april-fool/

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Be thankful you live in a country where authoritarian governments have Thai characteristics (sloppy, lazy, inefficient, incompetent, mostly harmless).

There's a saying in Thai which roughly translates: I'd rather have a lazy stupid boss than a hard working stupid boss....not sure where the current government fits into that scenario!

""Her brother, who also avoided any consequences of his corrupt life, fled to Dubai in 2008 like the arrogant coward that he is. It would appear that it's a family and Thai trait to avoid all responsibility for one's own actions, leaving both no better than a driver who causes multiple deaths in a road traffic accident and then runs away.""

I remember when I first came to Bangkok to work.Thaksin had just been elected PM in dubius circumstances as he had not disclosed his assets.

He was soon on television telling all he personally would guarantee that the Bangkok traffic chaos would be solved in 6 mths.

He lost me from that point on

Of course they know where she is. Of course they let her go. Of course they won't try to have her extradited. They wanted her gone and gone for good. And now that's what they have. Arresting her and putting her in jail, or bringing her back in cuffs would start riots, start another red-shirt revolution. Actually, when you think about it, they have done this perfectly.

1 minute ago, TSF said:

Of course they know where she is. Of course they let her go. Of course they won't try to have her extradited. They wanted her gone and gone for good. And now that's what they have. Arresting her and putting her in jail, or bringing her back in cuffs would start riots, start another red-shirt revolution. Actually, when you think about it, they have done this perfectly.

Maybe, but the PAD are now calling for a probe into the junta's collusion in her fleeing.  Be interesting to see if any of them get hauled in for attitude adjustment.

The Defense Minister??? Eeeerrr! Apart from looking to the media how about following the same Brown Envelope trail to the Submarines. Maybe they can tell you. Makes me wonder if some of these idiots employ the same minders that Trump is using!

3 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

So many opinionated judge and jury gloating posts here. 

So does that mean we can't enjoy the folly engulfing the justice/political system in this country. Get a life!

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Their attempts to cover the truth, create confusion/distraction are simply laughable.

They were even lurking around her house and stating that her phone's signal is still received.

A Thai fleeing without her phone, impossible :cheesy::cheesy:

The minister should read Thaivisa forum to know where she is.

I am looking forward to her first Facebook message from exile.

Not fair. The old leave the phone behind trick fools them every time.

Taking a logical approach if the authorities (as they state) don't know where she is, how do they know that she has left the country?

It's a fair assumption, but that's all it is, an assumption.

Just because a representative from her Puea Thai Party said she had left Thailand does that make it a fact?

When are people going to report on facts instead of assumptions?

Should change her name to Goodluck. There are plenty of Thais that still love what this woman and her brother did for them. I don't know if she was good or bad but I know better than to believe what is written by the media. I hope she lives a good life inshalla  

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Any country with a real law system and an extradition treaty with Thailand would take a formal request for extradition seriously. They would follow their own legal procedures in reaching a decision on whether to extradite or not.

They would look at the actual law details of the case, law broken and evidence. They wouldn't fall for the "politically motivated" excuse so glibly trotted out on TVF as a reason to excuse Yingluck's negligence. They would also look at the Junta but as all countries continue to have normal relations with Thailand regardless of a Junta government, then that in itself may not been seen as an issue.

In the EU she could appeal to the EU Court of Justice, backed by the two tame German MEP's who came to visit her. Now that court would probably block any extradition based on past record. As that really is an example of a politically controlled court.

It seems inconceivable that someone under close scrutiny can slip so easily away so close to a verdict. Either some gross incompetence, or some big porkies being told. It's extraordinary here how lying is so natural and off the cuff. 

As for extradition. Well they have to deliver the verdict first, and sentence, in absentia. Then someone would need to complete the extradition request after discovering where she is. As a bail abscondee she's a fugitive. Have they organized an Interpol blue or red notice? Don't hold your breath for any of that happening anytime soon!

No civilized country would extradite her as she is clearly a political refugee seeking asylum from a military dictatorship. Oh, and because the generals let her go in the first place and don't want her back

5 hours ago, tomas557 said:

How about, because it's your job?

Ah, such certainty!

Imagine, just for a minute, that she hasn't left the country yet.  If that turned out to be the case, will you promise you'll be back for a comment...