Swiss Woman Passes Off Thai Photog's Work, Wins Awards

snoop1130

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Might some of you you be defending outright 'Image Theft' in this case because 'Thai's infringe on Copyright' ???... 

A somewhat juvenile response. Yes, Thai's have atrocious record of infringing on Intellectual Property rights, however, this mans work was stollen, because the Moral Compass with regards to IP rights in Thailand is highly distorted it doesn't make it acceptable.

This 'they don't like it when it happens to them' approach is retarded.... 

Nobody said it was acceptable, but even many high ranking officials in Thailand have copied their PhD's and patents from others, so my point was rather that maybe this case can make Thailand wake up and stop copying. It is called irony, sorry

10 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Exactly what I thought when I saw the headline.

I wonder if Thais understand the irony. (Or would they instead say "copying is wrong, a Thai would never do this".)

They didn't , I know now ;0). And sad for the two Burmese you refer to.

Amazing how people will do this and think they'll get away with it. The most notable example in recent years was Shepard Fairey's attempt to obscure the evidence that he had lifted the image at the basis of his famous Hope poster from the AP. A lot of people think that the two year suspended sentence and the $25,000 fine were not nearly enough. 

On 8/29/2017 at 11:36 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Might some of you you be defending outright 'Image Theft' in this case because 'Thai's infringe on Copyright' ???...

Not really an IP issue because the image is in the public domain (i.e. CC0). More likely a case of fraud.