• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Could you translate that please.

God Blind Me, now she has escaped, and made the uniformed-officers appear incompetent, too !

Fairly relevent to the current situation, there's nowt new under t'sun, laddie ! :cool:

13 hours ago, catman20 said:

cant believe how these people get away with it, if both of them were a ordinary criminals they get them in no time with the help of Interpol. or come to that being such high profile people did they not get recognized at any of the boarders when leaving the country? and we all knew she would be on her toes, it runs in the family.

Terrible pun, but you are right.

:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And you think your comments are taken seriously by any other than pro Shin posters like yourself.

Dream on!

The protests were not subsiding, the violence increasing, the police and expensive CAPO useless etc etc. Just the right environment for an election.

And yes, I believe the UN, other countries and international organizations, recognize the Shins for the crooks they are.

Fact is that most people outside of Thailand do not keep up with Thai politics.  However, most people see a military coup and understand that it is a take over of a government/country by a group of military leaders, something most people would say is wrong. Whether the Shins are corrupt or not and the extent of that corruption, they were duly elected and remained popular with a very large group of supporters. It was the coup that stopped elections in Thailand, not the Shins. Very few outside of Thailand would view the generals running things in Thailand as anything but opportunists, particularly after this many years, no elections and a constitution drafted by them to suit their own agenda. Most people rightly assume the generals are in it for themselves and to support the historical status quo and the pyramid that has operated there for decades. Defending the generals, because one hates the Shins is not much of an argument in my mind. So the protests have subsided, no political violence, no freedom to gather, no freedom of political speech(and reeducation if one does speak out), and a constitution set up to favor the generals and their ilk.  Seems like the time is ripe for an election except the generals want to insure the last of the nails are in the coffin of any opposition. Don't think there is any corruption by the current bunch feeding out of the trough? Why then no listing of financials and amnesty/pardons given to them for their transgressions? Seems to me that a good portion of expats living in Thailand like the country under the Junta because they can go about their daily lives in Bangkok without protests hindering their activities.  A government run by a Junta is not something they would tolerate in their home countries. 

11 hours ago, thongplay said:

Catman20 is not a 'clever clogs'. He is stating a fact and one that most posters seem not to be concerned about.

She is not guilty until the court has ruled - but most of the posters assume that she is guilty.

By the way, just to clarify, I'm not on Jingluck's side here. But I am on the side of the truth, law and justice based on the facts which seem a little sparce to say the least.

point taken but if she was not guilty , why did she run ? is she not a believer in the wonderful Thai justice system??

On 8/29/2017 at 11:26 PM, webfact said:

fugitive former prime minister

Well, that didn't take any time at all to copy the mantle given to her brother... 

One would think that the press, even if docile, could be more imaginative than the brain-dead Junta, ... 

Prayut said Thailand did not contact the United Kingdom – where Yingluck is speculated to have sought political asylum – as he doubted she would qualify for that status. 

Saving face again with BS

Google Asylum  P Man 

"The protection granted by a nation to someone who has left their native country as a political refugee".

13 hours ago, Trouble said:

Fact is that most people outside of Thailand do not keep up with Thai politics.  However, most people see a military coup and understand that it is a take over of a government/country by a group of military leaders, something most people would say is wrong. Whether the Shins are corrupt or not and the extent of that corruption, they were duly elected and remained popular with a very large group of supporters. It was the coup that stopped elections in Thailand, not the Shins. Very few outside of Thailand would view the generals running things in Thailand as anything but opportunists, particularly after this many years, no elections and a constitution drafted by them to suit their own agenda. Most people rightly assume the generals are in it for themselves and to support the historical status quo and the pyramid that has operated there for decades. Defending the generals, because one hates the Shins is not much of an argument in my mind. So the protests have subsided, no political violence, no freedom to gather, no freedom of political speech(and reeducation if one does speak out), and a constitution set up to favor the generals and their ilk.  Seems like the time is ripe for an election except the generals want to insure the last of the nails are in the coffin of any opposition. Don't think there is any corruption by the current bunch feeding out of the trough? Why then no listing of financials and amnesty/pardons given to them for their transgressions? Seems to me that a good portion of expats living in Thailand like the country under the Junta because they can go about their daily lives in Bangkok without protests hindering their activities.  A government run by a Junta is not something they would tolerate in their home countries. 

In the UK we WOULD tolerate it at the moment,      sometimes it is necessary, although not a good situation.   But being here for half my life it is no different than under Thaksin muffling the press and media,    so nothing new, I do not like either, but you are biased a little and OTT as far as no freedom of speech,  out in the street you are more free especially in Issan, where the fear was the red in every nook and cranny,   so NOWT CHANGES.

16 hours ago, ginjag said:

In the UK we WOULD tolerate it at the moment,      sometimes it is necessary, although not a good situation.   But being here for half my life it is no different than under Thaksin muffling the press and media,    so nothing new, I do not like either, but you are biased a little and OTT as far as no freedom of speech,  out in the street you are more free especially in Issan, where the fear was the red in every nook and cranny,   so NOWT CHANGES.

I am astounded! For what reason would the British condone a military coup?

What needs to be done here is the clean up of corruption.

Without that, the status quo will continue after a democratic election is held. Next turn at the trough is all it is.

When it is clear what is going on then the military step in and the whole thing starts again. Thailand has been like that for 80 years.

If the latest Junta don't succeed in reform nothing will change.

Next election will see parties promise anything (a bit like Corbyn in the UK) to win votes and then fill their pockets until they get chucked out.

It is as sure as it will rain in the rainy season...

It isn't rocket science. :crazy:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback