Military branches clueless over Yingluck exit

webfact

Military branches clueless over Yingluck exit

By The Nation

e1c59418f66de74207dcede3407af6b9.jpg

BANGKOK: -- None of the three branches of the military – the Army, Air Force or Navy – has yet been able to establish which channel fugitive ex-prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra used to escape from Thailand, military chief General Surapong Suwanna-art said on Wednesday. 

An arrest warrant was issued for Yingluck on Friday after she failed to show up at the Supreme Court to hear the final verdict in a case stemming from her government’s rice-pledging scheme.

There has been speculation that members of the armed forces gave Yingluck help to flee given that the former PM had always been followed and observed by military officers.

Some people have said that it seems unlikely that the military would have let their guard down so near to her verdict day.

Surapong said that if any officers had been found to be involved in such a scheme, they would be prosecuted.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30325296

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-30

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surapong said that if any officers had been found to be involved in such a scheme, they would be prosecuted

Given a 500 baht fine?

Moved to an inactive position?

Nothing - because this was all allowed to happen from the top?

I'm thinking nothing. 

lets be honest, it was either the police or military that helped her, just look for a big deposit in someones account recently. You can be sure someone got a very large envelope given to them for this

She did not turn up to court on Friday. It is now Wednesday and they still claim complete ignorance but it was Thaksin. 

Nobody has resigned. Nobody has been hauled in for questioning, no reward for information offered and no charges are pending. How anybody would not view this inaction as suspicious at best, is beyond me.

Edited by baboon

11 minutes ago, baboon said:

She did not turn up to court on Friday. It is now Wednesday and they still claim complete ignorance but it was Thaksin. 

Nobody has resigned. Nobody has been hauled in for questioning, no reward for information offered and no charges are pending. How anybody would not view this inaction as suspicious at best, is beyond me.

At the least the people on the observation detail should be punished (assuming there is one and according to YL she was watched).

Not punishing those people might mean they were ordered not to do anything or others have helped.. one way or the other that they come up with nothing is suspicious.

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

At the least the people on the observation detail should be punished (assuming there is one and according to YL she was watched).

Not punishing those people might mean they were ordered not to do anything or others have helped.. one way or the other that they come up with nothing is suspicious.

Not enough. The appropriate minister must also be charged with dereliction of duty.

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

Not enough. The appropriate minister must also be charged with dereliction of duty.

Depends a bit.. was the guy warned she was a flight risk.. did he do his job good otherwise.. go to meetings and such.  But if this was on purpose.. then yes dereliction of duty 

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Depends a bit.. was the guy warned she was a flight risk.. did he do his job good otherwise.. go to meetings and such.  But if this was on purpose.. then yes dereliction of duty 

Was the guy warned she was a flight risk? Well it isn't like there was no precedent. And why a guard detail otherwise?

15 minutes ago, baboon said:

Of course, the precedent has been set by the Yingluck trial. Unless that minister is covered by the amnesty, in which case he will have nothing to worry about..

Just now, sjaak327 said:

Of course, the precedent has been set by the Yingluck trial. Unless that minister is covered by the amnesty, in which case he will have nothing to worry about..

Thailand is a country under the rule of law. The amnesty will of course be waived in order to demonstrate this...

23 minutes ago, baboon said:

Was the guy warned she was a flight risk? Well it isn't like there was no precedent. And why a guard detail otherwise?

As I said if proven this was on purpose and the guard detail did not do a good job sure.. dereliction of duty. But everyone here thought YL was not going to do a runner. We expected her not to be on the same level as her brother. Seems all Shins are alike. 

But really if can be proven that he did not do his job well.. do put him on trial. I love to see people be held accountable for their actions. Do this for everyone and we might get somewhere. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

As I said if proven this was on purpose and the guard detail did not do a good job sure.. dereliction of duty. But everyone here thought YL was not going to do a runner. We expected her not to be on the same level as her brother. Seems all Shins are alike. 

But really if can be proven that he did not do his job well.. do put him on trial. I love to see people be held accountable for their actions. Do this for everyone and we might get somewhere. 

It is already demonstrable that jobs haven't been done well. She left.

7 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

5555 I doubt it. They will find some soul that is not covered and sacrifice him. 

Then how are they going to explain to Interpol / Interior Ministers that such and such a rule applies to such and such a person but not them? And expect to be taken seriously? 

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

It is already demonstrable that jobs haven't been done well. She left.

Yes but it has not been demonstrated who is at fault. 

If he has instructed his men good.. made sure they were there ect. Did all his things he was supposed to do unlike  YL and the rice scheme where she could not be bothered to come to any meetings and her highest officials were caught in fake G2G deals.

So please find guilt with him (there might well be) and then sure dereliction of duty.  If he told his guys let her run or something like that or pulled half the detail off this day ect... sure I can see dereliction of duty then. Now.. we just have suspicions and the fact that she left. 

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

Come on wake up and smell the roses.

The junta were banking on the fact that she was going to do a runner long before any trial started.

Their worst nightmare would have been to actually lock her up, and don't delude yourself the verdict was reached before any trial started.

A guilty verdict would have provoked near insurrection in the N & NE. A not guilty verdict would have dragged the mad monk & Suthep back onto the streets.

This was orchestrated and facilitated from the top. If you honesty still believe any of this BS, you are seriously pulling the wool over your eyes big time.

....but if it make s you feel better, go for it. I'm still waiting for Santa to deliver last years pressies!

Just now, GinBoy2 said:

Come on wake up and smell the roses.

The junta were banking on the fact that she was going to do a runner long before any trial started.

Their worst nightmare would have been to actually lock her up, and don't delude yourself the verdict was reached before any trial started.

A guilty verdict would have provoked near insurrection in the N & NE. A not guilty verdict would have dragged the mad monk & Suthep back onto the streets.

This was orchestrated and facilitated from the top. If you honesty still believe any of this BS, you are seriously pulling the wool over your eyes big time.

....but if it make s you feel better, go for it. I'm still waiting for Santa to deliver last years pressies!

If you say so prove it.... I am not saying that it was not a good thing that YL did a runner (for the junta). I am also not saying the junta did not help (I don't know yet not enough facts available). You suspect something... i suspect something... I think she had help that much is sure. Junta.. maybe.. others... maybe. Its not like she has no influence of friends and Thaksin is a rich person. I would not bet my life on it either way.

But I do agree 100% that it was good for the junta she did a Shin.. eh i mean runner.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but it has not been demonstrated who is at fault. 

If he has instructed his men good.. made sure they were there ect. Did all his things he was supposed to do unlike  YL and the rice scheme where she could not be bothered to come to any meetings and her highest officials were caught in fake G2G deals.

So please find guilt with him (there might well be) and then sure dereliction of duty.  If he told his guys let her run or something like that or pulled half the detail off this day ect... sure I can see dereliction of duty then. Now.. we just have suspicions and the fact that she left. 

And do you see Prawit facing such scrutiny, let alone a trial?

Just now, baboon said:

...and do you see (threats of) arrests for those who start asking too many uncomfortable questions of the junta? 

Have not seen them, I am waiting for more information. We will see how this all works out. I am curious about the court-case of YL as i still feel negligence can be proven especially after boonsong his trial. 

Lots of interesting things, and if Prawit did let her run, he should face a negligence trial.. but let there be hard proof for it. Not suspiciouns. For YL there is hard proof. Not going to meetings.. highest officials doing fake g2g deals and warnings from all kinds of organisations she did not even listen to. As was said in an other well written piece.. the cases did not attack the rice program, but the corruption and actions of those managing it. 

Now find similar proof on Prawit and we will see what happens.. but accusing someone that powerful without any proof at all that is of course not realistic. 

Not denying here that the runner was good for the junta. I am just not sure if she was aided by the junta or not. Its not like she herself with her brother did not have the means to get this done. Would you bet your life on it ? I certainly will not. But if she did make a deal with the junta to run Prawit was in on it.  If I was YL and I wanted to run.. would i risk making a deal about running and maybe would not be allowed or plan it with my brother and be sure id be safe. 

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Have not seen them, I am waiting for more information. We will see how this all works out. I am curious about the court-case of YL as i still feel negligence can be proven especially after boonsong his trial. 

If its more info you seek may I suggest these guys.

Fantasy-Island.jpg.5a507601181ccb4a57ab5ee39d9bfa64.jpg

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Lots of interesting things, and if Prawit did let her run, he should face a negligence trial.. but let there be hard proof for it. Not suspiciouns. For YL there is hard proof. Not going to meetings.. highest officials doing fake g2g deals and warnings from all kinds of organisations she did not even listen to. As was said in an other well written piece.. the cases did not attack the rice program, but the corruption and actions of those managing it. 

Now find similar proof on Prawit and we will see what happens.. but accusing someone that powerful without any proof at all that is of course not realistic. 

Not denying here that the runner was good for the junta. I am just not sure if she was aided by the junta or not. Its not like she herself with her brother did not have the means to get this done. Would you bet your life on it ? I certainly will not. But if she did make a deal with the junta to run Prawit was in on it.  If I was YL and I wanted to run.. would i risk making a deal about running and maybe would not be allowed or plan it with my brother and be sure id be safe. 

Suspicion is enough for a trial. A court is there to determine guilt or lack of.

However I envisage Thais asking too many questions or digging a little too deeply to be warned off before that happens. We shall see...