Best Agent to use for Renewal off passport in Pattaya

Huayrat

2 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

only the holder can renew a passport to my knowledge.  you can appoint someone power of attorney to pick it up, but i cant imagine any consulate accepting a passport renewal by proxy.

You can for a UK passport.

• Like 1

AFAIK there's only one Pattaya visa agency that is approved to handle UK passport renewals. The OP will still need to download the forms and complete them as well as collate the documentation that is required to support the renewal including passport photos, etc.. This agency will check the documents for compliance and do the submission and the new passport collection for a nominal fee. They will also accept application forms and the support documentation via EMS.

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

AFAIK there's only one Pattaya visa agency that is approved to handle UK passport renewals. The OP will still need to download the forms and complete them as well as collate the documentation that is required to support the renewal including passport photos, etc.. This agency will check the documents for compliance and do the submission and the new passport collection for a nominal fee. They will also accept application forms and the support documentation via EMS.

Anyone can handle UK passport renewals. No 'approval' is required.

Expect to pay 5,000 Baht plus the passport of £106.01 (32 page) or £114.01 (48 page)

• Like 1

Friend of mine used Keyvisa this year...........no problems........think it took a couple of weeks.

Be careful you apply well ahead of time................my friend didnt and was hit with overstay when he went into Immigration to move the visa stamps over to the new passport................his passport had expired while it was away getting renewed..............500 a day fine.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Upnotover said:

You can for a UK passport.

Can you post some links for this statement as far as im aware you have to do it in person in Bangkok.

Ok just done a web search and yes it appears you can get it done by a third party.

Thats good news. Wont have to travel all the way to bkk.

Edited by jeab1980

Key visa 5k which for me is very good news indeed as i can get it done via them not living down there. It would cost me a lot more than 5k to travel down to BKK twice, even driving there then hotel for the night x2. Excellent news

Edited by jeab1980

Key visa 5k which for me is very good news indeed as i can get it done via them not living down there. It would cost me a lot more than 5k to travel down to BKK twice, even driving there then hotel for the night x2. Excellent news

Key Visa used to charge 10k. Good to hear they're now matching ThaiVisa Express.

4 hours ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Friend of mine used Keyvisa this year...........no problems........think it took a couple of weeks.

Be careful you apply well ahead of time................my friend didnt and was hit with overstay when he went into Immigration to move the visa stamps over to the new passport................his passport had expired while it was away getting renewed..............500 a day fine.

Sound advice.

Don't think that you are losing out, UKPA will 'credit' up to 9 months unexpired term on the passport.

For those expats subject to 90 day reporting it is a good idea to do it just after a 90 day report. UKPA are very efficient at the moment and the renewal process should take no more than 1 month.

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Key Visa used to charge 10k. Good to hear they're now matching ThaiVisa Express.

Im lead to belive and i dont know for sure but i am lead to belive the only authorised agent in Pattaya for this service  is Key Visa. Is this correct?

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Im lead to belive and i dont know for sure but i am lead to belive the only authorised agent in Pattaya for this service  is Key Visa. Is this correct?

There is no such thing as an 'authorised agent'.

Anyone can submit a UK passport application via VfS Global.

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

There is no such thing as an 'authorised agent'.

Anyone can submit a UK passport application via VfS Global.

Just had a quick look at that website seems i would sitill have to go to BKK will try thai visa exprrss i think. All in one service looks reasonable 

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Just had a quick look at that website seems i would still have to go to BKK will try thai visa express i think. All in one service looks reasonable 

The application (and new passport collection) has to be done personally, or by an appointed representative.

3 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Indeed.

Best way, unless someone fancies a couple of nights in Bangkok.

Its also a lot cheaper for me at 11k for a 48 page passport.

Edited by jeab1980