Farang Begging For Money At Skytrain Stop..

chanchao

Well now, how low can you possibly go in Thailand??

Saw this guy at the Asoke Skytrain stop, claiming he was 9000 baht short of a ticket home. I actually saw a Thai person giving him some money..

What a piece of scum. :o

Took a picture, sorry about the quality, I am 9000 baht short of a phone with a better camera. Anyone??

unterpacker.jpg

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Print out his photo and date the back. Then in 3 months ask him how long he's been broke/begging. When he lies shove the photo in his face and call him a worthless farang piece-o-<deleted>!

I can't stand rip-offs like that. :o

Glad he's not from USA....plenty like him there I hope they stay there.

rant over :D

chanchao,

did you ask this guy if he is ok with the foto and the publication in the internet?

Ah, just a disgusting, rightless beggar, never mind.

You are asking for low people? This fellow only sits there :o .

He not speak or lie to you, he is not pretending to be your friend with a foolproof business-idea... or beating the s..t out of you to get your money :D .

Patex

chanchao,

did you ask this guy if he is ok with the foto and the publication in the internet?

He not speak or lie to you, he is not pretending to be your friend with a foolproof business-idea... or beating the s..t out of you to get your money :D .

Patex

The guy's a con man, so who cares?

chanchao,

Patex

Perhaps someone could take the trouble to get his bank details and forward them on to Patex.

Problem solved! :D

chanchao,

Patex

Actually he is in a public space, and therefore I think it would be unlikely that he has any claim of privacy. If he is indeed working as a business of raising money, then businesses have no right to privacy. If he wishes to be treated as an invidual, then the test would be related to intrusion: This is where someone intrudes upon a person in a situation in which that person has a reasonable expectation of privacy -- for example, by spying on the person at home, secretly eavesdropping on their conversations or opening their mail. I don't see that being in a public place grants any reasonable expectation of privacy. The general guide is that anything in the public eye in a public place is fair game excluding anything that could not otherwise be seen without the help of technology (e.g. if you photoed him using one of those Sony cameras that you can see through his clothes, then that might be considered an invasion of privacy which he could take you to civil court for perhaps).

I have also seen this guy, and based on a previous thread, made the security guys remove him. That bridge was built by private money, some of it my boss's, not govt money, and it was not built for the cirminals to use. The guy is sitting there illegally anyway, besides which he is ripping people off because he is lying about needing the money.

I'll do my best to kick out other crims too if I see them, but he is one of the more obvious examples.

Next time I may take your advice though Patex, and beat the s**t out of him and take his money. Do you think I would have to pay tax on that income though?

Ample beatings inc. :D

Edited by steveromagnino

chanchao,

Patex

No I suspect he is more of a con artist; along the lines of your friend with a foolproof business idea.

chanchao,

Patex

No I suspect he is more of a con artist; along the lines of your friend with a foolproof business idea.

If it transpires that this guy has ever been to Pattaya, Patex might well have a change of heart as then he would be real scum... :D

If the guy has been pulling this scam for a while as it seems from previous posts isn't it a bit surprising that the local "plod" have not had a word with him, ie: has he got a visa, has he got some where to stay and the means to support himself. He must stand out like the proverbial "sore thumb" as I would think that farrang "street beggars" in Thailand are rarer than "rocking horse sh*t"

Yeah, seems sensible if you was in this trade to be on the move. Sitting at a skytrain with a sign asking for money is asking to be questioned by the local plod.

Saying that, the Thai beggars with the drugged up kids and puppy dogs never seem to get bothered. I wonder if this guy has also got it so set up that the police take a little of his cash for tea money, its not totally out of the question. :o

Does he always work the same station (asoke)?

Are you able to do like he do??

I'm not, not for one day and not for 100 years! This is why I can feel a little respect for him and would feel happy to give him some money even if he is a trillionare and sits there for his entire life.

I'm not, not for one day and not for 100 years! This is why I can feel a little respect for him and would feel happy to give him some money even if he is a trillionare and sits there for his entire life.

Oh dear, Patex has reverted to 'Troll Mode'... :o

Hmmm, I am not getting the 'if you were in his shoes' vibe...

I'm also not able to be a heroin junkie selling smak to kids, pedophile or serial rapist, but just because I cannot do any of these admittedly unique activities, it doesn't really mean that I should feel respect for those who do....

If I see this guy again, I'll do the police thing, and if it is in Chitlom he may end up coming up against police who have more vested interests than a slight skim of his take. IF I see him, but I still prefer the Ample Beatings idea of patex...

He sits there conning people out of money, many of which I expect have less than him, or certainly not the earning potential. He is using emotional blackmail to take people's money, how can you have respect for people like that? Do you have respect for the Nigerian email scammers as well? Or the thai women beggars with the always present thai kid and puppy?

I could do that.

I could also mug old ladies, con people and set up a fake charity

But I don't, cause I have a little self-respect and diginity.

I also don't like to rip-off people and cheat them out of their money by lying.

I'm not a particuarly violent individual, however the urge to just jump off a flight of stairs to land boot first on this bitch is overwhelming. I want to just stomp him and rob his ass.

I remeber there was a time I was in Thailand and had taken some serious risks and lost. I lost big I lost everything. I had 80baht to my name, my rent was late and I was wearing my last set of clean clothes.

Fortunetly 2 weeks before I had started training in sales. I lived in Pattaya and I would get on the bus everymorining to train in BKK to sell timeshare. I spent the last of my money in transportation and food costs so that by my 3 day actualy working I was in dire straights. I closed my first deal that day and worked my way up. Eventualy I paid off all my bills, got my visa issues all squared away, and earned me a ticket back home. Without begging a single DIME off anyone.

AND this guy is WHITE!!!! hel_l, You know how easy it is to get a job in Thailand, expecialy teaching English when your white? Try being big and black and see how many schools want to hire you. Not impossible mind you but much more difficult. So if I could work and hustle my way out this bum has no excuse.

...He sits there conning people out of money, many of which I expect have less than him, or certainly not the earning potential. He is using emotional blackmail to take people's money...
Hey, this is a beggars work, I see it as a social occupation: Beggars give us a possibility to earn merit and let us feel more satisfied with our own fate :o .

Patex

Oh dear, Patex has reverted to 'Troll Mode'... :D

'reverted' ? More like normal mode...... :D:o