Laotion Citizen Visa For Thailand

My mate has recently got a lovely Laotian lady pregnant and wants her to stay in Thailand with him, so any advice on this would be most appreciated as I'm aware it's a bit of a nightmare.

The main reason of this post is to ask if it's possible for her to go to Penang and get a triple tourist Visa (like most Westerners can). Do Malaysia refuse entry to Laotian people? Will she need a Visa for there? Will they even issue a Visa to her or say she has to get it in her own country?

Thanks in advance people. Appreciated.

I do seem to recall it being another nationality yesterday? Same friend with two? Too early in the day for this much thinking. :o

Ok now got to original post and all is clear. :D

Edited by lopburi3

Recent changes in legislation have made it much easier for Thais and Laoations to travel between the two countries. I was recently working in Laos, initially my Thai wife needed a visa to enter Lao which we got either at the Laos Embassy in BKK which allowed her to stay one month or on arrival at the border crossing in Chiang Khong which allowed her to stay only 15 days, I think the price was 1000 Baht (1500 Baht for farangs) for both. After the rules were changed she no longer needed a visa and was given an entry stamp free of charge at the border crossing which allowed her to stay in Laos for one month. I understand the agreement is reciprocal.

For longer trips and multi entries check with the Thai Embassy in Vientiane.

I don't understand how Penang fits into the equation?

Either way, your friend should accompany her on the first crossing.

My mate has recently got a lovely Laotian lady pregnant and wants her to stay in Thailand with him, so any advice on this would be most appreciated as I'm aware it's a bit of a nightmare.

The main reason of this post is to ask if it's possible for her to go to Penang and get a triple tourist Visa (like most Westerners can). Do Malaysia refuse entry to  Laotian people? Will she need a Visa for there? Will they even issue a Visa to her or say she has to get it in her own country?

Thanks in advance people. Appreciated.

Try for the visa in Laos. Is the father Thai or farang ?