Waxing

moscow5

Hello, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced salon that does bikini waxing? Cleanliness and experience in doing them is a big concern, too. Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know I've seen some recommendations here before, but couldn't find it in the archives. Sorry for bringing up an old topic!

Hello, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced salon that does bikini waxing? Cleanliness and experience in doing them is a big concern, too.  Thanks a lot!

P.S. I know I've seen some recommendations here before, but couldn't find it in the archives. Sorry for bringing up an old topic!

Lancome on the 2nd floor of Central Chit Lom.

The best experienced waxers I found were the girls in a salon off of Khao San rd, right hand side walking toward the temple, in a small alley that goes off to the right opposite a second hand book store, and very reasonable prices, used to cost me 600 Baht for full legs, underarms and bikini.

I know I promised to keep an eye on things for Boo while she was on holiday, but for threads about bikini waxes, estrogyn, and stuff could you just PM me if things go awry?

Thanks.

your temp guard dog

cv

The best experienced waxers I found were the girls in a salon off of Khao San rd, right hand side walking toward the temple, in a small alley that goes off to the right opposite a second hand book store, and very reasonable prices, used to cost me 600 Baht for full legs, underarms and bikini.

I once tried a place off Khao San (not near the temple), I couldn’t fault their work however privacy was not their forte :o. I ended up going to a salon in my local Central – they did the job.

How much did it run Nat? I never go to the Khao San road area (get enough of that here thanks!) so would be interested in something around MBK. Central Chitlom is close enough.

Also, met a girl who had a wax here (on koh p) and she said they had reused the wax, it was full of hairs (and not just her own :o ). Is that common??

How much did it run Nat?  I never go to the Khao San road area (get enough of that here thanks!) so would be interested in something around MBK. Central Chitlom is close enough.

Also, met a girl  who had a wax here (on koh p) and she said they had reused the wax, it was full of hairs (and not just her own  :o ). Is that common??

When I waxed in Khao san they only reused the wax they'd used on me, first off it was new wax, then they'd remelt the strips as they pulled them off. I spose thats ok.

The only one I've heard of in Central Chitlom is 'Lancome' on the second floor, but I'd say they would be pricey.

I've recently discovered one in Thong Lo called 'Luxery Place'

205/22-23 Thong lo, havn't tried it yet but they said both legs is 600 Baht.

Hello, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced salon that does bikini waxing? Cleanliness and experience in doing them is a big concern, too.  Thanks a lot!

Yves Rocher at Silom Complex, 02-2313189. B350 for bikini wax. You can get a Brazilian wax by telling them to take it all off, btw, at the same price. :o

just out of curioiusity, why dont u just buy or make; i never knew what waxing was until i came to israel actually.... it costs to go to a good cosmetician and it doesnt hurt all that much to do it yourself...

we used to make our own from melting sugar that really did hurt, we'd use old sheets cut into strips for the stripping...

but i do my own with a brand that u can heat in microwave or over the gas (in double boiler or pan of water); u buy disposable cloth/paper strips and then put music with good beat on, spread the stuff, count to three and puuuullll.then use an aloe vera cream

.... my son refuses to be in the house when i wax....

the first time i ever waxed a friend did it for me as it was before my wedding night... boy did i yell (it was the sugar variety 20 years ago) and that was my first experience with the bikini area.....oooooooowwwwww

i always wondered how thai ladies deal with hair; my friend here says his wife plucked all her hairs out one by one with a tweezer since she was quite young so not much hair, any where... he does his face the same way.. he plucks!!!! and then leaves area that can be grown as sort of mustache if he wanted to which he shaves

the other problem is waiting for everything to grow back enough to wax again....argh!

I'm a bloke by the way but I went to a place behind the Khao San Road to have my chest and back waxed last June. It was quite expensive it worked out at about 1200 THB.

They weren't big on privacy as an american lady was having her bikini like waxed, next to me. She wasn't too happy. It's very painful as well as they literally heat the wax up in a pan and put it on you. The wax isn't that hot in the UK.

A brazillian for you ladies is where you are left with a strip of hair above your front bottom, whereas a hollywood is totally hairless.

Oh, I've been getting hollywoods thinking they were brazillians. :o

Hair regrowth after waxing gets finer and finer; the regrowth is also not prickly compared to shaving. Also, you get about a week of no hair - total smoothness. After the 1st wax, subsequent ones are not painful, the skill of the waxer does make a difference.

• 6 months later...

Here's for all you "Brazilian" devotees. I tried the Yves Rocher place in Silom which is perfectly fine if you would like a bikini wax with a landing strip but if you want the full monty then i recommend that you visit Zense of Joy Spa,Jasmine City 02 261 4500 it's at the basement of the California Gym on Sukumvit soi 23.A Brazilian will cost you 800baht.

Here's for all you "Brazilian" devotees. I tried the Yves Rocher place in Silom which is perfectly fine if you would like a bikini wax with a landing strip but if you want the full monty then i recommend that you visit Zense of Joy Spa,Jasmine City 02 261 4500 it's at the basement of the California Gym on Sukumvit soi 23.A Brazilian will cost you 800baht.

I think they only serve ladies. :o

there is a very nice very old and very reasonable priced place on Ekkamai 19 called Panipa Salon... it works Mon-Sat 8:00-17:00 their waxers are so fast you would not fell a thing and you'll be done in a moment. I think I pay 140 Bht for undearms, and something very cheap for half leg as well... I think they are the cheapest of all good ones...

I think they only serve ladies. :D

Men get Brazilian waxes??? :o

My sister sent over some of the new Boots' waxing strips which instead of clear wax they are blue - they worked an absolute treat and didnt need to use half as many as I usually do, less painfull too.

I would highly recomend them for any DIY ers, will keep an eye out in Boots here to see if they get them in stock (yer right!)

I use the old fashioned immac or veet and egg timer method - less painful and lasts just as long. Tried wax once and can still feel the pain...!

Not sure if I am in the right topic here....

My young lady gets a very slight moustache, nothing that I notice, but she sometimes shaves it off before a visit to family.

I worry that shaving might cause thickened growth - what alternatives would you girls recommend ?

I use the old fashioned immac or veet and egg timer method - less painful and lasts just as long. Tried wax once and can still feel the pain...!

Not sure if I am in the right topic here....

My young lady gets a very slight moustache, nothing that I notice, but she sometimes shaves it off before a visit to family.

I worry that shaving might cause thickened growth - what alternatives would you girls recommend ?

Bleach for hair, there is a small tube you can buy that I think is made just for this.

• 4 weeks later...

they only service ladies...

• 5 months later...

naive question- i have never had a waxing... do you have to get nekkid? or do you just wear really small panties? sounds as pleasant as a trip to the gyn to me...

• 2 weeks later...
naive question- i have never had a waxing... do you have to get nekkid? or do you just wear really small panties? sounds as pleasant as a trip to the gyn to me...

depending on which area you are going to wax :o

• 7 months later...
Hello, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced salon that does bikini waxing? Cleanliness and experience in doing them is a big concern, too. Thanks a lot!

I will do it. This topic has been of interest since my old girlfriend treated me. I always do a good job at whatever I do.