Which bars to meet 'decent' girls?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we want the site to be a dating agency ..or do we?

Honestly when I go out with khun wife I end up chatting with some of the best looking lassies you can imagine and they are usually without exception University graduates and working as accountants,in banking.Immigration,Customs,Land Office (very handy)or have there own business but many are on the lookout.I dont know why they have a problem with Thai men (am joking) but F.ex.one we had lunch with the other day is wife No 3 and she is not happy about it....loads of dosh..but ..

hence email me...thoughts please :o

I dont think we want the site to be a dating agency ..or do we?

I vote for that Rinrada is telling us where we can find decent Thai ladies! This forum branch, "Farang Pub" is perfect for this type of information...

:cool:

Oi!  Decent Thai women go to pubs too!!  We party as well you know!  (All work and no play make Jack (or Ja or Noi or Jan or whoever) a dull boy (girl)) :o

It's true to say that the most traditional ones probably wouldn't...  I'm not one of the most traditional ones heheheheh!  Grrrrr!

I'll give you a clue.  You are not likely to find many around the red light district (no insult to anyone)!

Why do you wanna know anyway?  I don't want to give out info that will lead to the corruption of young minds!  hehehe  Just joking!

The reason we want to know is that it is very difficult for a falang to find a decent woman in LOS.  Plus unless you speak fluent thai it is hard to identify who is decent.

The standing joke is that a decent honest thai lady has not been born yet.  We all know this isn't quite true but after meeting so many unsuitable girls it makes you wonder just where the heck are the good ones, so come on spill the beans, help us poor helpless falangs find our soulmates.

Your suggestions as where to meet 'decent' Thai women has come too late for me!!  Out on the town on Saturday night I met the cutest girl I have ever seen, who was .... a bar girl.

Had a great time with her wandering around Dusit zoo yesterday, and I think I need to re-assess my view of bar girls.

Can someone please hit me over the head and drag me back to reality?  (On second thoughts, leave me to my fun...)

Well, I know that non bar girl hang out in pubs and clubs that are not in the red light district.  I don't know if they would count as 'decent' by your standard.  My friends and I went to pubs and clubs close to Thammasat University for a while when we were in Thailand (as some of our good friends were studying there).  There seem to be loads of ordinary Thai people there (both men and women).  These places tend to be pretty small and cater for uni students.  In the past, RCA (Royal City Avenue) was another place where people go to party at night.  But I have heard lots of students who are underage go there as well... so that spoils the fun for the legit adults a bit....

Or alternatively there are quite a few nice clubs around Kao San Road.  I don't know how it is today but when I went there it was pretty good.  There weren't that many tourists around and the people were friendly enough.  Pretty chill atmosphere.  We went to one a few years back.. I don't remember the name but it's got a massive blue sign, narrow entrance but nice decor... Massive TV screen on the wall too.  

There are many other ways to meet 'nice' ladies you know... Like join a club or something... by that I mean some sort of activity classes, join the gym, do some volunteer work, join sport groups etc etc etc.  But do remember it depends on you as well.  

Oh, boy...

BTW just out of curiousity, what sort of characters would you rate as 'decent' anyway?

My uncle lived in Thailand during Vietnam.  He said it was nearly impossible to meet nice girls at that time because of all the soldiers and sailors coming over on R&R.  The general attitude of the local folks was that if a girl was with a farang, she was a "bad"girl.  Some 30 yrs later, I lived in Thailand for nearly 4 years.  Love the  people, language, food, the whole nine yards.  One thing I have discovered is the in order to meet the "nice" girls you should study the language and customs.  Treat ppl with respect and act in a diginified manner.  Thais also do not like outbursts of temper, that will make you jai lawn...so be cool and polite.  It is much easier to meet the nice girls today, just go where they go.  Stay out of the red light district......pubs are fine, but act like a gentleman.    The universities are a great area, as are shopping malls, supermarkets, basicly, the same places you would expect to meet a lady at home.  I can not stress enough the need to learn the language......here is a good website if you would like to check it out.  http://www.thai-language.com  There are over 20,000 words and phrases and lots of good tools to learn this beautiful language.  One other thing to keep in mind......Thai ladies hate, let me say that again...they hate a CHOW CHU.....butterfly.....this will get you labled quicker than anything I can think of.  Find a girl you like, meet her parents, learn her customs....I will guarentee you that you will never be interested in any one again.  Good Luck!

Michael

Where to meet a decent Thai girl???

For what it’s worth, here’s my 2 bhatt’s worth of advise after looking in all the wrong places for over two years for a decent girl…..

Not the bars, for obvious reasons! To be fair, there are some decent girls that have to ‘work’ there out of need and maybe you will be lucky enough to find one fresh from the provence, but the fact is that bargirls do deal in bull shitting the falang, whether for short time or long time.

My rule of thumb is to not take any girls I meet after dark seriously.  Good girls stay at home or are at work, not hanging out in discos and bars. I’ve had a lot of fun in the bars, but found that if I wanted to find a ‘keeper’ that I had to go to the provence to find a real girl.  

So, I went hunting for a good girl after getting my fill of fun in the cities.  I reasoned that a lot of the bargirls come from the poorer provinces and I  targeted Issan.  After a few trips there, making connections with average girls [sales ladies, vendors etc.] I found my ‘keeper’ in a small town in issan.  Language is always the problem, but found that there were a lot of ‘hungry’, beautiful women who dream of a falang to rescue them and offer them a decent future.

Many  thai girls have children from thai men that like to plant the seed, but don’t want to take care of the tree, and a woman with a child is generally more grounded and stable. Mine was a ‘package deal’ that came with two kids that I have grown to love as my own.

So, if you take my advise, you owe me 2 bhatt!!

I need to re-assess my view of bar girls.

I have re-assessed my view of bar girls. They are among the worlds greatest actors. You do not know the girl that you spent time with. You only know the character that she was playing at the time.

Well said, Brian

I agree with you 100 percent

I gave up bar girls many years ago

The trouble is many decent, proper job girls are also great actors. They are keen to get a falang and will put on a spectacular show of elegance and grace just to get you hooked.    Where are the honest ones to be found  or is this part of thai culture ??

Well, I agree with a lot of the comment and good advice here.  The bar-girl that i met is cute, but I reckon the chances of anything good coming of her are slim as hel_l - so she gets one chance and that's it!

Yes, know the culture and the language. I agree! I've been learning to read/write/speak Thai for a short while now, and progress seems ok - it's not too difficult.

I'll let you all know if this bar-girl turns out to be that one diamond in a pile of stones....

Ha! She's getting no diamonds from me! If I even see her dancing on stage again then the deal is off...She is a smart girl who might have the sense to see what I'm able to offer her, but maybe not smart enough.

If you want to bet on the outcome of this then I'll be betting on the same result as you.....

EHHH  Simon, what deal are you talking about here ?????

Let me see if I can guess.

You met a bargirl on Saturday, that is just three days ago, and you have agreed to give her a monthly allowance if she gives up the bar.

Come on Simon, fess up, am I right ??

No, not quite right but close. I met her at the bar and liked the girl. We went out and had a good time together.  Feeling seemed mutual. So the offer is on the table for her. Stop your dancing and we can see how we get on together. If all is ok then cool and I can sort out to help her for the future.  If we don't get on then she can go back to the bar.  But no bar work whilst we see if we get on ok together.

OK - you no doubt think I'm crazy, and that she will be dancing tonight in the bar.  You are probably right.  And I have certainly never made this offer to any other bar-girl. It's easy to tar every bar-girl with the same brush and assume they will all act the same. But for me, it's important to give the girl the opportunity to make the right decision.  (And for her, the right decision might well be to take me for whatever she can get and go back to dancing...)

So, no money in her pocket yet, but she clearly knows what is available.  Even if she decides to go with me, the far more difficult question to answer is whether this is out of love for my money or love for me!!!

I'm sure it's much easier to be a monk...

She hasn't got any monthly allowance from me!  The situation is that she earns about 8,000 baht each month from her bar-work. Work is really bad, (due to SARS, wars etc), and she hasn't had a customer in 10 days. (Hey great job!!). She has easily enough money from me so she doesn't have to work until I return to BKK in a week or so.  But she knows my financial situation and should be able to consider the options:

- Stay in bar-work, maybe it will get better, have fun sleeping with guys, maybe get pregnant, drop out....

- stick to one guy, get support and financial help to get a better job, nice house, holidays, help with family etc etc

On paper it looks an easy decision, but I know from the helpful comments on this forum that her decision is not a foregone conclusion.

(And I certainly would not want her to say OK to me just for the money...!)

Should we open bets on the outcome??

Simple Simon met a bargirl

she thought he was a jerk

Said Simple Simon to his girlie

"I'll pay you not to work"

Sorry Simon couldn't resist it.

Best of luck mate.

This is getting a bit off topic now, shall we call it a day as obviously you are off the market now.

Hey good rhyme!  Maybe I am a jerk, but I am a NICE jerk who is willing to give that one chance...

But if it all goes the way we reckon, then I'm back on the market by.. er.. Friday.

If it makes you happy then go for it.

This is the land of Sanook, so have some sanookie.

Let me just tell you about a girl I know in Chiang Rai.

She has ten UK boyfriends all sending her money.

She has two appartments. One is a penthouse suite just for herself, the other is a 700baht a month flop out which the boyfriends think she lives in.  She actually has to down grade when a boyfriend arrives in town. She has ten million in the bank but wants more.  She gets bored and rents thai coffee boys sometimes.

Enjoy yourself, have all the fun you can manage but try to not get hurt.

Brilliant scam!! I'm in the wrong business..

Yes - sanook is dead right! I'm man enough to laugh if she wants to stay as a bar-girl. I can save my money and maybe have some botox or liposuction...

I reckon your little cutie will take your money  and agree not to work in the bar.

Trouble is evertime you are away you will never know what she is really doing and everytime you come back here you will be looking for signs that she has been working.

This will take the excitement out of the relationship.

Good point - but already covered off! I'm back next week to BKK but a mate will be in the bar several times this week to see if she is working - and if she is then he will try to pick her up!  If she's working now then she won't be seeing me again..