Which bars to meet 'decent' girls?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes - I'm not upset by what has happened. I think many guys would maybe accept her 'faults', because she really is a cutie:)  But I'm being very selfish (because I'm trying to avoid a relationship going the same way as that with my UK wife..). So I'm being very fussy...But things are looking good for both her and me in terms of business and friendship!

[The standing joke is that a decent honest thai lady has not been born yet.  We all know this isn't quite true but after meeting so many unsuitable girls it makes you wonder just where the heck are the good ones, so come on spill the beans, help us poor helpless falangs find our soulmates. ]

They are out there believe me. I met my wife in 2002 in Phuket. She had come to see a friend, but stayed to work. She may well have ended up the same way as all the other girls, but I arrived two weeks after she did. We met, fell for each other and thats it. She returned to Bangkok after I left to stay with a friend. 3 months later I returned and we married. She returned with me to England last August and we are very happy. The day I knew she was right was when she said to me, in her then broken English, was that it did not matter whether we lived in England or Thailand, or even if we're rich or poor, she just wanted to be with me.  

It can happen, even though these things are rare. I have since met many happy couples in this country, and I have met a few unhappy girls locked into marriages to men too old for them. I am 41 and my wife 28.

I am waffling on a bit, but the point I am trying to put over is that you can meet good bar girls, or you could meet a supposedly suitable girl who could take you for a ride. I think it comes down to luck rather than judgement.

Keep trying Guys!!

(P.S. Anybody got a job?? We both want to come back!!)

What do you guys mean by "decent"? I haven't been in Thailand for long (only 2 months), but most of the women I know and work with are "decent".

I think the problem is most Thai women wouldn't even consider dating a farang man because in their minds the majority of them that come to stay in Thailand only have one thing on their minds?

I think the problem is most Thai women wouldn't even consider dating a farang man because in their minds the majority of them that come to stay in Thailand only have one thing on their minds?

Could that be snooker perchance?

I partly agree with you pubboy. Of course you must be luck, but the point is that thais live abroad and thais live in Thailand behave differently. I've been married for 16 years now and I know well a lot of thai girls living abroad.

When living abroad they understand life is not so easy abroad,as they think when stay in Thailand and they understand that farangs are not "walking ATMs".

If you accept my suggestion before going back to live in Thailand stay for another 4-5 years in Britain, so that when in Thailand she do not forget.

I accept your suggestion, buasaard. My wife is fortunately very tight with money here and in Thailand. She keeps a carefull eye on what I spend, as I am the one who tends to go overboard.

I don't think we will be living in Thailand for a long time yet. We have a long term plan, which would not take us out there for ten years.