Search-forum Engine Fault

Trevor

Strange ... any comments? Sad this useful feature does not work properly.

Works OK for me, both the Google 'search-forum' (the nice big one) and the regular 'search' hidden away top right.

You did actually follow some of the links didn't you? They all look similar except for the 'showtopic' value which is the important bit :o

Moved to forum support.

What keyword are you using to search so we can check it? Also, are you using the Search in the top right side or the Google search box? Sometimes a topic may get renumbered or deleted/moved and if the link is no longer valid and will go to the forum portal page.

Moved to forum support.

What keyword are you using to search so we can check it? Also, are you using the Search in the top right side or the Google search box? Sometimes a topic may get renumbered or deleted/moved and if the link is no longer valid and will go to the forum portal page.

Thanks for replies. The top right Search tab works but not the easily-spotted (and useless) left-side box and 'Search Forum'. Why have 2 separate search facilities instead of one prominent one which works? And the Google link is redundant; everyone has their own search engine in Favorites already.

Moved to forum support.

Thanks for replies. The top right Search tab works but not the easily-spotted (and useless) left-side box and 'Search Forum'. Why have 2 separate search facilities instead of one prominent one which works? And the Google link is redundant; everyone has their own search engine in Favorites already.

Trevor.

As previously noted the nice easily spotted box WORKS for me. It would be really helpful to admin if you could let us know the search terms you used in order to investigate thoroughly :o

Moved to forum support.

Trevor.

As previously noted the nice easily spotted box WORKS for me. It would be really helpful to admin if you could let us know the search terms you used in order to investigate thoroughly :o

The left box now works ! But there may be an intermittent problem, at least from my experience.

the google search function is NOT redundant, with respect. it allows Registered users to search this forum using the google engine software, ( i believe). hence making a more thorough search of the forum possible. This would not be possible with your own preferred search engine, as that would not permit you to access all areas of tv.com specifically.

the google search function is NOT redundant, with respect. it allows Registered users to search this forum using the google engine software, ( i believe). hence making a more thorough search of the forum possible. This would not be possible with your own preferred search engine, as that would not permit you to access all areas of tv.com specifically.

Good point kayo. It does give you more sophisticated search tools including the ability to use words of less then 4 letters.